Sakenoma

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Re: Sake Nome - How to be a bad neighbor

Postby wh..sh » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:03 pm

tummler wrote:Five new ways ways to eye-roll?

Ok, now you have my interest...
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby MacGlenver » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Sassy Britches wrote:My apologies,
Sassy Britches

You should get the mods to change your name to "Classy Britches". Well handled. Better to be safe than sorry with such an accusation.
"just two indecisive cowboys, trying to play a word game." - piehole
"Just apply intelligence and discretion and you should be able to get away with just about anything." - Ugly Dougly
MacGlenver

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: I call this one 'Old Gregg'

Postby passioncrystal » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:54 pm

Sassy,

I admire your apology, and I think we have all learned our lessons from this post. We were diligent in our efforts to leave no trace. I apologize for the group if we disturbed your sleep. I think this post needs to go away because we are only guilty of having a good time at the biggest party in the world. Let's switch back to the love gear cause this anger we have brought upon each other is distorting my memories of the best time of my life.
passioncrystal

Burning Since: 2012

Sakenoma

Postby shmee » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:35 pm

I am creating a new post because the previous has been locked, hopefully this will get read and provide clarity for both sides,

Here is a link to the original post...
viewtopic.php?f=283&t=62466&p=891740&hilit=sakenoma#p891740

Hello People,

I am one of the organizers from Sakenoma. I want to be as factual and sweet as possible and would firstly like to apologize for the personal comments made by another group member of ours. However it was an emotional attempt at a humorous response to the initial emotional based fabricated post that got this whole thing started.

With that said here are the facts as i see them right now. First we could/should have been more sensitive and mindfull of our neighbors during certain times that week regarding our sound. Apologies for that. Next, the garbage and cooler in pic was most certainly grabbed by us(check pic below), the truck with our bar in it is a camp mate of ours and it got brought to the burn pile, and according to our cleanup crew no garbage was left behind whatsoever. So, the only correct statement in the original complaint is regarding sound levels.

Moving forward, creating false facts based on personal opinion and negative emotions is not cool, emotionally responding negatively is not cool either and perpetuates the cycle. Let us see our faults and work together in coop-etition to make our shared experience better

photo (1).PNG
photo (1).PNG (114.36 KiB) Viewed 1995 times
shmee

Burning Since: 2007

Re: Sakenoma

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:43 pm

I'll take a Momokawa Pearl on the rocks with a cucumber spear, please.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby jkisha » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Based on what the OP experienced and photographed, the facts were not false. That is exactly what she saw. The majority of the camp had left. There was garbage left unattended.

Unfortunately, the OP left before witnessing someone returning to the seemingly abandoned trash and has since apologized. I'm sure the OP might have been quick to jump to their conclusion because they were already angry about how your camp behaved during the week.

Now, do you see why the original post was locked?
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Savannah » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:41 pm

Posts unlocked and merged, and now that everyone has said what they needed to say, I'm relocking them.

I hope that everyone concerned with this has learned something, whether it is to direct civil comments directly to the source of your ire and seek out the other side's version of things, or to supervise one's collected trash, or to be a good neighbor with regards to sound levels.

Thanks, all. :)
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Previous

Return to 2012 Theme Camps