Anubis

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.

Re: Anubis

Postby chiefdanfox » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:23 pm

I totally agree.
chiefdanfox

Postby chiefdanfox » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:50 pm

Candybox wrote:<3

-Monica
PS. Can't wait for next year, be it Kraken or cracked out artcar :D

If you want to build it and burn it, then it isn't a car. We know how to build a giant rolling thing, and I'll bet there is a Reno crew standing ready to deliver. One can roll and burn, but it ain't a car. On a side note: I would like to actually see some art next year. The last two years have been nothing but hard labor. I would like to be chiefsparklepony on a crew. I will have a shitty blinkie that runs out by tuesday. I will be a darkwad in civies the rest of the week, drinking your bar from a stolen cup. I will tourist so hard, half of Sparks will spontaneously wake up in plaid Bermuda shorts.
-Dan
chiefdanfox

Postby Snow » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Well done Dan and the rest of the Anubis crew. It was great to see y'all if only for a minute. Glad all our pyro went to the jackal.

chiefdanfox wrote:

-Monica

If you want to build it and burn it, then it isn't a car. We know how to build a giant rolling thing, and I'll bet there is a Reno crew standing ready to deliver. One can roll and burn, but it ain't a car.

weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam
Snow

Postby carefactornil » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:58 am

chiefdanfox wrote:On a side note: I would like to actually see some art next year. The last two years have been nothing but hard labor. I would like to be chiefsparklepony on a crew. I will have a shitty blinkie that runs out by tuesday. I will be a darkwad in civies the rest of the week, drinking your bar from a stolen cup. I will tourist so hard, half of Sparks will spontaneously wake up in plaid Bermuda shorts.
-Dan

Hah! This year was my first really big project and I think I know what you mean - I didn't even make it out to see the Temple until the final Saturday and we built the maze just a stone's throw away!

Perhaps there will be a "broken/retired artists" theme camp one day where folks sit around a single glowstick and bitch about how good the art used to be... ;)

I did swing by Anubis to shake your hand and say congratulations but one of your team pointed out you'd not really slept for 2 days and we're rushing off to get someone medical treatment so I just stood back and admired the work instead. So a belated congratulations and well done to the whole team.
carefactornil

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Syncytium

Postby buckycat » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:53 am

Anubis looked and burned awesome. Dan, it was nice to get to chat with you up in the jackal skull, you've certainly earned your tourist visa, embrace that approach! - Bucky
buckycat

Postby Candybox » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:04 pm

chiefdanfox wrote:

-Monica

If you want to build it and burn it, then it isn't a car. We know how to build a giant rolling thing, and I'll bet there is a Reno crew standing ready to deliver. One can roll and burn, but it ain't a car. On a side note: I would like to actually see some art next year. The last two years have been nothing but hard labor. I would like to be chiefsparklepony on a crew. I will have a shitty blinkie that runs out by tuesday. I will be a darkwad in civies the rest of the week, drinking your bar from a stolen cup. I will tourist so hard, half of Sparks will spontaneously wake up in plaid Bermuda shorts.
-Dan

Aww. We'll stand ready with a lawn chair and (plastic) palm fronds to fan you. Let us kids do some of the heavy lifting. I don't even know what the inside of the med tent looks like, and they probably know you on a first name basis.
Candybox

Burning Since: 2010

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:07 pm

chiefdanfox wrote:

-Monica

-Dan

Perhaps you should consider joining Apokaliptika...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby moonrise » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:34 am

Anubis was awesome!! Thank you Dan and crew :D
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby chiefdanfox » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:35 pm

"Perhaps there will be a "broken/retired artists" theme camp one day where folks sit around a single glowstick and bitch about how good the art used to be... "
In my heart of hearts I hope so. But in absence of that, I am working on a giant steam punk cat.
chiefdanfox

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:05 pm

chiefdanfox wrote:...I am working on a giant steam punk cat.

:shock: :D :D :D
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby EspressoDude » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:16 am

chiefdanfox wrote:"Perhaps there will be a "broken/retired artists" theme camp one day where folks sit around a single glowstick and bitch about how good the art used to be... "
In my heart of hearts I hope so. But in absence of that, I am working on a giant steam punk cat.

Does it come with pyrotechnics? I love burning up your work.

(pyro crew for Trojan Horse and Anubis)
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby chiefdanfox » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:45 am

Well, I missed the registration. Enjoy, y'all. It was fun while it lasted!
chiefdanfox

Postby aserendipity » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:43 am

I am trying to miss it but because I really do miss it and you I shall get myself out there yet again
and open up my ancients station looking ahead always
aserendipity

Postby trilobyte » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:33 am

Sorry to hear that you missed it. If you're still interested, there's the secure ticket exchange program (STEP), which starts up in a few weeks and will be open to anyone. Then there's also the OMG sale in August, and of course after-market sales from burner to burner (I suspect you know a few people).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Previous

Return to 2012 Art & Performance