Cant wait for next year! A little late but Hi!

Cant wait for next year! A little late but Hi!

Postby rangerdanger » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Hi guys I'm 26 years old male living in NYC and had no idea what burning man was about. After looking at the pictures and watching a few videos it just seems epic and cant wait for 2013.

I've been doing some reading and I think I want to join a themed group, and don't mind working and volunteering. I dont have any friends that would want to go to burning man so to me its a great way to be part of something and do something and experience something together with people and not feel left out.

Anyway off to bed
rangerdanger

Burning Since: 2013

Re: Cant wait for next year! A little late but Hi!

Postby jerroc » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:28 pm

A theme camp can be a good choice, but so many to choose from, and they fill up so fast. Research and plan very carefully. It can make all the difference in your experience on the playa.

Dont MOOP. And if you wear feather you will get plucked. Seriously!

Welcome.
jerroc

Postby Elderberry » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:56 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby shroom » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:57 am

Hi and welcome! Read as much as you can here and on burning man dot com, be prepared! See you next year!
"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire."~~Fred Shero
shroom

Burning Since: 2010

Postby Drawingablank » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:42 am

Welcome.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:04 am

rangerdanger wrote:I've been doing some reading and I think I want to join a themed group, and don't mind working and volunteering.

Although, I've always had a camp, and am likely to always have one, I don't recommend just joining a group for the sake of joining a group. Only join a camp if you are excited by its mission. Do some reading/researching on what you should bring and learn how to do the basics for yourself. Strongly consider joining an orphan-type camp, where there is mutual aid, but no theme.
If you still want to join a theme camp, then go ahead and do that. One word, court the camp(s) you're interested in, don't wait for them to come to you.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to Introduce Yourself!