"virgin" whatever..

"virgin" whatever..

Postby Euronymous » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:26 am

Ok so, I suppose I should just read the FAQ, but I need this information from the hores mouths..
A close friend, who lives on the west coast(I live on the east) wants me to go very badly. They will even be paying, which is huge, considering how much this party costs.

I have looked at photos, and read various articles-some in praise, most not; of this festival, but I have a few questions for you.
Do they play ANY metal, or do metal people hang out there? Or is it just Ani Armpit and the Phat Bongo Beatz?

"relations"
I do not plan on having relations with people there, as I am not single, a neo-hippie, rich, white, or a middle aged steampunk, but I noticed that sex is pretty prevalent there. I dunno about you, but after 24 hours with no shower, and having had a few trips to the bathroom(here it will be a filthy portajohn), my crotch is not the best place to be..Do people really bump nasties at this shindig? After the first day? Will I have to see it/smell it?

"art"
I appreciate art. I saw online there is a small scale oil rig, some bendy trucks, and a giant hippie dancer sculpture. What other sort of exciting art should I look forward to? Do they trot those out every year, or is it updated?

and finally, self-defense.
I consider it a personal affront if someone I don't know touches me. The last show I went to (Pentagram) there were several fights that broke out in the pit. I know there will most likely NOT be a pit at this show. I'm concerned about people saying sexual things to me, or touching me, and then getting their teeth knocked out.

Oh yeah, how much beer can I bring in there?
Euronymous

Burning Since: 2017

Re: "virgin" whatever..

Postby gyre » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Pentagram from Mumbai?
gyre

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:08 am

Sounds like you're talking yourself into staying home. Go with that feeling.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby TT120 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:43 pm

OP seems pretty uptight. Burning Man is more for open minded people. It's probably not the best place for you.

Do you have a lot of trouble with people touching you in the default world? Do funny smells make you mad? If you hear any music other than metal, do you get mad?

If yes to ANY of these questions, Burning Man is not for you. Plan your vacation elsewhere.
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD
TT120

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans Too

Postby gyre » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:29 pm

Rammstein played last night, but I don't know if that qualifies as metal.

Who would go for music anyway?
gyre

Postby jkisha » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:24 pm

Don't go. You won't like it.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Sail Man » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:38 pm

gyre wrote:Rammstein played last night, but I don't know if that qualifies as metal.

Who would go for music anyway?

OMG! Rammstein!!! I am so killing myself for not going this year! All I ever got to listen to was dubstep. :cry:

:mrgreen:

Well, I certainly hope the OP doesn't get his or her panties in a bunch for the snarky replies, but he or she did call us a bunch of hores right off the bat. :wink:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby amaddencali » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:18 pm

OMG my son's favorite metal band, and yes you can call them that, devo meets metallica maybe with a splash of slash. I am so bummed I missed it. Really ? all of them? any chance they'll play again. . . text me 650.922.4447
amaddencali

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Guerilla'd Cheese Camp

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:08 am

What are "hores"?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby illy dilly » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:00 pm

Huh?
Sounds like you should totally go check out Coachella!
A lot more bands of all types, even Metal. And a lot less stinky porta potties and art!

Welcome to eplaya! Hopefully you can find all the information you are looking for!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby jerroc » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:38 pm

[quote="Euronymous"]Ok so, I suppose I should just read the FAQ, but I need this information from the hores mouths..

Them is fighten words... You... me...thunder dome high noon.

Do they play ANY metal, or do metal people hang out there? Or is it just Ani Armpit and the Phat Bongo Beatz?

Mostly... thump! thump! and whomp! whomp! 24 fucking 7. You Will have nightmares about DUB STEP.

"relations"
I do not plan on having relations with people there, as I am not single,a neo-hippie, rich, white, or a middle aged steampunk

Your just judge-mental RIGHT?

but I noticed that sex is pretty prevalent there.

Last I checked Nun camp was not on the list of camps... Although I could be totally wrong.

I dunno about you, but after 24 hours with no shower, and having had a few trips to the bathroom(here it will be a filthy portajohn), my crotch is not the best place to be..Do people really bump nasties at this shindig? After the first day? Will I have to see it/smell

Smell it yes... Fucking hippies. See it... I hope so. You don't have to have sex. That's not what "rights of passage" and "fertility" means.

"art"
I appreciate art. I saw online there is a small scale oil rig, some bendy trucks, and a giant hippie dancer sculpture. What other sort of exciting art should I look forward to? Do they trot those out every year, or is it updated?

This is the only question I can answer straight... Art changes every year some shows back up some gets burned and is only a memory. It's ok to be a tourists but it's awsome to be a participant.

and finally, self-defense.
I consider it a personal affront if someone I don't know touches me.

Sounds like you need a Hug.

Oh yeah, how much beer can I bring in there?

First on the list to bring is Water then Bacon. Then a chinken costum with NO FUCKING FEATHERS. Then you bring me a gift I prefer coffee of course. Bicycle. Possibely food. Tent, googles, blinky lights. And the list goes on. And when the list is complete get your fucking beer and have a party. Don't forget my coffee asshat.
jerroc

Postby junglesmacks » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Show us yer tits.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby clocksnmirrors » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:59 pm

jkisha wrote:Don't go. You won't like it.

+1

TT120 wrote:OP seems pretty uptight. ....
If yes to ANY of these questions, Burning Man is not for you. Plan your vacation elsewhere.

+1

Ugly Dougly wrote:Sounds like you're talking yourself into staying home. Go with that feeling.

+1

you don't sound like the kind of person who is going to enjoy or add to other people's enjoyment of this event. with so many other ways to spend your time you'd be doing yourself and everyone else a favor by sitting this out.
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee heee heee heeeee! *burp*
clocksnmirrors

Burning Since: 2012

Postby graidawg » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:40 am

I heard it sucked this year, hope you didn't waste your time by going.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Return to Introduce Yourself!