Boycott Empire Store, They sell burners bad gas

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: Boycott Empire Store, They sell burners bad gas

Postby Kinetik V » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:23 am

Sorry but I call bullshit.

Gasoline in Nevada from the pumps themselves to the gas in the storage tank is regulated. You can learn more here:
http://agri.nv.gov/Index_Measurements_Index2.htm
Or here:
http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-590.html

Long story short having bought thousands of gallons in gas from some extremely remote locations across North America, more often than not the problem is in your own vehicle / tank and not with the station. If a station in a semi-remote place like the Empire store did open up their storage tanks and somehow dump water in there to get a 50/50 mix, the locals would know pretty damn fast, the State of Nevada would know pretty damn fast, and that store would know they screwed up pretty damn fast when the cash registers start collecting dust and their petroleum distributor cut off their supply. Sabotaging fuel in a place like that is economic suicide.

Sorry, while I want to be sympathetic, and trust me I'm not really a fan of the Empire Store either (during burn week it's a safety hazard due to traffic congestion), this is one claim I just can't help but yell bullshit on.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby jerroc » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:13 am

50/50 a car won't run. From where your pump sits you would pick up mostly water and that will eventually lead to engine lock up if your battery last. If you ran your tank near empty then got gas chances are you have rust in your tank and this caused a plugged fuel filter. You will have the same running problems as a car with bad gas, surging, car shakes when accelerating. Bad gas mileage. Rough idle. If you have not changed your fuel filter in 30k miles I would try this being it will save you on gas mileage anyway and it will rule out the most likely problem right away.If your tank is plastic I would still do this but chances are you are dealing with another problem. Sensor, vacuum leak, fuel injector, these usually produce a engine light but not always. I know you said it was right after you got fuel. Sometimes shit just goes out when you turn on your car even after getting fuel. Least likely is the gas station. In the future go inside buy a gas can pump out the gas from the "bad" pump and inspect the gas. It is very easy to tell if gas has water in it by looking at it.
jerroc

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Bob wrote:Is it true the Empire Store steals young children too?

It just sucks out their souls.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby goathead » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:03 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
Bob wrote:Is it true the Empire Store steals young children too?

It just sucks out their souls.

No that is the frogbats on down the road
we do try to burn them at least once a year though
:twisted:
Ffwcio eich diwrnod
Jebem ti dan
Tpaxhnte ball aehb
Nasrat na vas den
Namaste, zkurvysynu

It will be some sort of incredible over-worded hippie prattle, attempting to disguise the
Eternal Theme
Burn Shit And Blow Shit Up. Eric
goathead

Previous

Return to Open Discussion