Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby moonchild808 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi, Im Moonchild on playa! Nice to be here! Planning next year already! Hope you all have an amazing year
moonchild808

Burning Since: 2011

Postby FireTommy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:07 pm

hi! I'm FireTommy and we camp out in the burbs of 3ish and J or so where we pass out boilermakers to anybody who can make it out that far. This was the best Burn of all, even with the 3 o'clock road kicking my ass into a permanent dent. Come visit next year! After nine blocks of that road a boilermaker seems almost....good.
....like a dingo in a maternity ward....
FireTommy

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Go the F*ck to Sleep

Postby Savannah » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:48 am

Hello to Jodee, Saltlick, Moodchild, and FireTommy! :D
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby omgrey » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:38 pm

Hello!

My name is Olivia, and my husband and I camp with Hushville. We've been burners since 2001, and I just enjoyed my 7th burn this year.

I'm sometimes also known as Christine or the Coffee Witch. Perhaps this year known as the Cookie Kitty. :)
My husband, Ethan, is known also as Playacake and Mickey.

Next year, we'll be bringing back our Vegan Organic Pancakes every morning in Hushville.

Peace.
O. M. Grey
Author. Romantic. Poet. Survivor.
http://omgrey.wordpress.com
steampunkgrey@gmail.com
omgrey

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Hushville

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:19 pm

You probably know AntiM, from the Home for Wayward Art, then.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby inqurious » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:21 am

My name is Ben,

Burning man has been on my must-do list for about ten years. I saw a documentary when I was eighteen and decided I want to go to there. 4 tech startups, southeast Asia, China, cross-country moves, and the SEC (nothing as scandalous as you might think) have since put the playa on the back-burner. No longer.

I'm into squash (the sport), camping, trekking, skiing, travel for everything but high-end shopping, ultimate, dancing, bouldering, and really getting to know people over long, long conversations.

I construct abstract ideas and rigorously link them together to make peoples' lives better and more efficient.
inqurious

Burning Since: 2013

Postby Savannah » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:37 am

Hi Olivia!

Hi Ben!

Savannah

Postby inqurious » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:56 am

inqurious

Postby Savannah » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:53 am

Hay gurl haaaaay . . . :lol:

Savannah

Postby inqurious » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Savannah wrote:Hay gurl haaaaay . . . :lol:

inqurious

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:09 pm

Sloths! Sloths! She's bringing out the big guns already!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:33 pm

So, what's your position on the ethics of bringing a sloth to a bunny fight?

I say, all's fair in love and awwww....
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby Ratty » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Is that a kinkaju?
Pictures or it didn't happen. Greycoyote
"I a recovering swagaholic. I have to resist my grabby nature" VultureChow
"Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on" Savannah
"I'm a motherfucking skeptic tank" SimonofthePlaya
Ratty

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Street Sign Replacement Camp

Postby inqurious » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:41 pm

inqurious

Postby Good Sarah » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Hi, Good Sarah here. I was staying up too late reading posts on eplaya, so I figured it's time to make a profile. I'm a former Boob (RIP) and camped with Gallavant this year- hope everyone had a great burn and yes, we are already making lists for next year! :D
I'm just being honest
Good Sarah

Camp Name: Booby Bar, Camp Gallavant

Postby Lowz » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:05 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Sloths! Sloths! She's bringing out the big guns already!

John Clod
For the People
Suarez principle #23 " The Whims of The President and Chairman are final."
I feel every year fantastic, shitty and great days all.
Lowz

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Club Neu Verboten

Postby Savannah » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:10 am

Hi Good Sarah!

Savannah

Postby Lumin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:10 am

So finally dedicating myself to making it out to BM after having it on my radar for the last few years but never making that internalized commitment. I suppose it's been calling to me for the last 6-7 years but never took the time to just admit to myself that, damn it, it has to happen and if anyone is going to make it happen it's me. I suppose I've fallen on excuses of not having friends that are into it and all that crap, but you know what? That's all just crap.

Now, after reading the survival guide and the various board postings I think I've figured it out.

Essentials for 2013: Feathers, Sequins, Single-Use Glowsticks or nothing at all, A Loud Generator running 24/7 to pipe AC into my tent, 20 oz of water per day, a Significant Other whom is totally opposed to rough environments but absolutely must come with me and an "I need a miracle" sign.

Am I missing anything else important?

:lol: Hope to troll around this board enough in the next few months to get a better understanding and prep for 2013 as I'm figuring out that spending a little time each week preparing for something a year away isn't too far-fetched for an environment like BRC.

Lumin
Lumin

Postby clocksnmirrors » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:24 am

Lumin wrote:So finally dedicating myself to making it out to BM after having it on my radar for the last few years but never making that internalized commitment. I suppose it's been calling to me for the last 6-7 years but never took the time to just admit to myself that, damn it, it has to happen and if anyone is going to make it happen it's me. I suppose I've fallen on excuses of not having friends that are into it and all that crap, but you know what? That's all just crap.

Now, after reading the survival guide and the various board postings I think I've figured it out.

Essentials for 2013: Feathers, Sequins, Single-Use Glowsticks or nothing at all, A Loud Generator running 24/7 to pipe AC into my tent, 20 oz of water per day, a Significant Other whom is totally opposed to rough environments but absolutely must come with me and an "I need a miracle" sign.

:lol: Hope to troll around this board enough in the next few months to get a better understanding and prep for 2013 as I'm figuring out that spending a little time each week preparing for something a year away isn't too far-fetched for an environment like BRC.

Lumin

well, that's what i call a grand entrance!

welcome. you'll love the experience.
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee heee heee heeeee! *burp*
clocksnmirrors

Burning Since: 2012

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:57 am

Lumin: Upon reading your list of essentials, I'm a bit worried. You're going to need some glitter. Oh, and pasties -- it gets cold at night! ;)

(Welcome to the boards. I think you'll have fun here. I think we'll have fun having you here.)
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby Savannah » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Lumin wrote:So finally dedicating myself to making it out to BM after having it on my radar for the last few years but never making that internalized commitment. I suppose it's been calling to me for the last 6-7 years but never took the time to just admit to myself that, damn it, it has to happen and if anyone is going to make it happen it's me. I suppose I've fallen on excuses of not having friends that are into it and all that crap, but you know what? That's all just crap.

Ahahaha! I like you, Lumin. :D Welcome to the board.

It's about time you just decided to make this happen for yourself. If 80% of us had waited for our friends to be ready, we'd never have made it. And even committed people will sometimes talk a good game sometimes, and then drop out in June. That's the drop-out month.

As you may know, in addition to meeting ePlayans, you might meet some local Burners here below (maybe).
http://regionals.burningman.com/

Lumin

This is an excellent time to start. You might even feel a bit fatigued 6 months from now--especially if ePlaya has one of its dramatic spells. (If you do start to hate us, take a break and come back. :lol: )

Savannah

Postby Lumin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome. You're right on that I forgot pasties and glitter, but one can only be so prepared ;)

I should start looking into the regionals, up here in the Seattle-area I know there is a pretty big burner community and it'd be good to figure some things out pre-burn.

I'm already stockpiling some funds as I'm on a rather limited budget, but when looking at the overall costs involved it seems like if you plan for it long enough you can make it happen, or at least get yourself there with enough supplies to survive a week. Maybe that's the inner-hippy (oh no, not one of those!) informing me about positive visualization!

Definitely have seen before how the enthusiasm for the rest of us hits post-burn once everyone who went comes back to the default world, so that's why I figured I'd join in here and check back every now and then, start working on rallying a spare troop or two in case I can manage to scrape up at least one person to go with, but even if I make the voyage solo I'm sure to meet all the friends and enemies I could ever want at a place as big as BRC.

Having a bit of fun just reading through the post-burn experiences, complaints, and glowing reviews. Want to do my best not to be "that guy", at least until I need to be "that guy".

Seems like a good community with just enough drama to keep it entertaining.
Lumin

Postby Good Sarah » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi Lumin! maybe you will meet some people from a theme camp on here to join up with. I went solo this year and being part of a camp really helped, kind of like instant friends plus you get the benefit of being with and learning from experienced burners.
I'm just being honest
Good Sarah

Camp Name: Booby Bar, Camp Gallavant

Postby DocHollingsworth » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:41 pm

Hey folks.. friends call me doc..

This past burn was my fourth, and definitely the best yet. I first attended in '08 for the American Dream, I told myself I would never miss another year. After having missed Rites of Passage due to international travel, I stick with my original thought now and I believe I am going to stick around the burner community as long as I can give amazing energy back to it.

I wander the city, no set camp, but many friends from many places. I always bring more than needed provisions, and nod off to rest in any nook around the playa as I see fit. Hopefully next year I will be participating in not only a theme camp, but trying to reunite previous years camps to have a strong familiar community working together (as is the human way). Prepared to dedicate as much time as possible next burn, as I feel my time and energy is much better spent then finances.

there's more; let's chat.

..smile!
DocHollingsworth

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Couchsurfing.. Advice.. Tu-tu.. Womp

Postby Lowz » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:28 pm

catinthefunnyhat wrote: Oh, and pasties -- it gets cold at night! ;)

(Welcome to the boards. I think you'll have fun here. I think we'll have fun having you here.)

correction Pastis please

Oh you mean that pasties...well mine works against the cold too
John Clod
For the People
Suarez principle #23 " The Whims of The President and Chairman are final."
I feel every year fantastic, shitty and great days all.
Lowz

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Club Neu Verboten

Postby rainshareslove » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:24 am

Hay Im Rain <3 and planning my first BM in 2013

have never traveled overseas (Im Aussie)

Look forward to BM topping my life's experiences :)

xo
rainshareslove

Postby Savannah » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:17 am

Hi Doc!

Hi Rain! . . . Burning Man might top your life's experiences . . . or just be a wild adventure with crazy highs and lows . . . or be a huge @#$% waste of your time and money. Not knowing is the exciting part. Prepare to the teeth and see what happens. You'll be happier if you don't have expectations. :)

Savannah

Postby x0diak » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Hello all, im a long time fan and plan on going next year with one of my lifelong friends.

I will be 40 next month, my friend is in his mid 40s, and ive lived in Reno, NV since 1995. I think im ready to go to BM now!

I test video slot machines, am an avid PC gamer, love zombies, guns (love to shoot), horror movies, drinking and eating (Not necessarily in that order.) I worked a few summers in the Rennaisance Fair in SoCal, (more drank and consumed chemicals than work really) and had a blast. I consider myself a NV native now, and kinda feel ive been missing something all these years. Ive made plans to go, and never went through. This year, we are going!

I had no idea this city was such a mecca for Burning Man! I am seriously thinking of looking into joining a fun, low-maintenance Theme Camp, and my goal for 2012-2013 is to follow the Burning Man community here in town.

I look forward to meeting with you all!
x0diak

Postby SarahCrazyLegs » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:36 am

hello! my name's Sarah and i'm trying to work out what burning man is all about, i think i'm getting there, and it looks wonderful :)
SarahCrazyLegs

Burning Since: 2015

Postby VividLiving » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:22 am

Hello my name is Tasha from Sacramento, 2012 was my first burn. I absolutely fell in love and it made more sense than this place of course.
I work two jobs and go to school, want to get into law and the government eventually! yaaay.

other than that dandy stuff, i have had an idea for a giant burning man installation for YEARS. finally going and getting to see the environment and the people, i really think anyone who participates would enjoy it.
i want to make it a reality for the 2013 burn.

i cant seem to figure out how to post a new thread,
i need help brainstorming the details to make it playa friendly and ready for all the engineering to start, figure out how much money it would cost to get it there and ready for the playa.

someone help me please?
VividLiving

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orgy Dome

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself!