Did you check out Costco Soulmate Trading Outlet?

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Re: Did you check out Costco Soulmate Trading Outlet?

Postby mazatta » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:33 pm

I didn't this year, but I think I might try it next time I'm on the playa if I remember to do so.
mazatta

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:34 pm

Do they sell souls through their website?
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby A Jester » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:04 am

Are you looking to buy one?
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester

Postby silkkat813 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:39 am

I have gone to Costco Soulmate Trading Outlet for the past 4 years! (I actually made a post 2 years ago asking if anyone had good experiences and via making that post, I found a playamate for the week. Never found a Costco mate that year though.)

Last year, I had a fairly good time with one of my soulmates. He was young and cute. We had a blast in the bunny march. I lost him somewhere around Thunderdome. Oh well. My other soulmate was just way too quiet for me.

So for those that didn't get to experience it, not only do you have the chance to meet someone fun, you have TWO chances to meet someone. The interview process is fun. The bar is usually good. The only part I don't like is having to draw a photo of myself cause I suck at drawing.

I will be going back for my 5th year and trying to get a Virgin friend to come with me to trade in.

Thanks for adding "when do you leave BRC?" on the survey. :)
*taking the long way HOME*
silkkat813

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby decoverite » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:12 am

This will be Costco Soulmate Trading Outlet's 15th year on playa! Think of it as our Grand Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Opening! So come and find us at Rod's Road and 4:30; we'll be processing soulmate applications Monday through Friday,11am-5pm. (we might be running a little late on Thursday morning. Long story)

Ask about our two-for-one special!

Also, we're full up on campmates but we love volunteers! Volunteer training takes place at 10am Mon-Fri. Come and learn how the soulmate sausage is made!

-Feral
Covered in Lint!
decoverite

Postby Belle_Starr » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:46 pm

I'm a female burgin and thought it'd be neat to check out costco, if for nothing else, gain an experienced burner friend from the playa. I filled out my form with a male friend, and waited. And waited. We waited for an hour and a half til we got called. I was expecting silly questions, like "favorite color?" and such, but right away, Random Stranger looked into my soul and played therapist. My friend had no such deep conversation, his interview lasting 15 min. Our therapy session lasted another hour and a half. I honestly was balling my eyes out and opened up more than I'd care to have, but it was necessary. Somehow, at the end of it all, we ended up making out, twice. He was one of the best kisses I've had lol.
As much as I wish we crossed paths again, twas not to be. My soulmate that I sought out was female and our convo lasted 5 min., ending in her telling me that " she just didn't have time to hang out". Soulmate #2 who was supposed to find me didn't show.
So alas, bittersweet.
Belle_Starr

Burning Since: 2012

Postby lothos 1162 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

I did check it out...My problem is that I work so damn much,I wouldn't have time for a soul mate,hell I don't even have tome for myself. Does that make me a selfish bastard.Lothos :twisted:
lothos 1162

Postby lothos 1162 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Appearently I can't spell correctly when I'm tired and under the influence of Oxycontin.Lothos
lothos 1162

Postby graidawg » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:57 pm

damn. forgot again.

oh well i did get to meet my dream woman 3 times this year. If only i could find something to say other than "will you marry me?" it seems my virtual self is far wittier than I am.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby silkkat813 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:12 pm

Ok so was my 5th year using your services and last.

The wait for interview took so long... 3 hours! I felt I could have seen so much more art or other camps on the playa while I waited for my interview. Then the soulmate who got my survey had nothing in common with me! My straight male friend was paired up with another straight guy that he had nothing in common with. What is the the point of having a guy and girl trade each other in if you are going to pair guys with guys :?: He was not the only straight guy I met that was paired with another straight dude. I know it is not a dating service, but I felt I already wasted too much time that I never went to pick up my soulmate. You might have paired me with a gay guy who hates books! I always used it for fun to see who I would meet. But it really seems service has went down over the years. If you just pull a survey out of a hat to pair people up, then why make them wait so long!

waste
of
playatime :!:
*taking the long way HOME*
silkkat813

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby maladroit » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:55 pm

If you're waiting in line for a soulmate, they should have a guy walking down the line with a garden sprayer asking if you would like a squirt of icy disappointment.
maladroit

Burning Since: 2012

Postby junglesmacks » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:16 am

maladroit wrote:If you're waiting in line for a soulmate, they should have a guy walking down the line with a garden sprayer asking if you would like a squirt of icy disappointment.

:lol:
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby 9ah » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:25 am

My interviewer was 'eh'... My campmate had a better one IMHO. The wait was alright, less than an hour and the bar was opening up.

My soulmates: I re-iterated that I would much prefer a female or gay male (no offense str8 guys) and I got two over the matter of two days.

My first soulmate was a virgin from Nectar Village, I think she was from Oz or somewhere non-US. Left her a note in the camp kitchen and never heard from her.

My second soulmate (I got the 2 for one) was over near D&7:30... I forget the camp name, but they had themed rooms that you could take photos of. I ended up taking a pic in Africa. She wasn't there so I left her a note... Didn't hear back from her. She liked Kurt Vonnegut as well and was from the Netherlands.

The soulmate that got my form was a str8 male from the US... I even forgot to take a pic with him... He seemed nice, but he caught me at a busy time and I didn't have much time to chat.

I liked the 'when do you leave the playa' question. I'll stop by early in the week this year to have a run at it again.
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
9ah

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Captain Goddammit » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:19 am

I've never participated in the soulmate trading but I hung out with the Costco gang a lot about ten years ago (back when Rico Thunder was the CEO) and they were super cool, had some of my best times ever with them - especially the after-hours "corporate raids". Do you guys still do that? There's actually a photo of me with you guys, all in our business suits, from 2001 on the Costco website.
I did meet a "soulmate" there once, but it was at the camp bar,
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm going to Hawaii Instead

Postby TomServo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:11 pm

I saw Costco in1999, but was happily married at the time....so never stopped by. I'm a proponent of random encounters, so never stopped by after. Even after my divorce. Go out and NOT LOOK! That's my advice.
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man