Fuck!

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: Fuck!

Postby motskyroonmatick » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:30 pm

A google search involving the alpha numeric code tag (there might even be a sticker with a barcode and part number) that is attached to the differential cover by one of the securing nuts might lead you to the manufacturer and individual specifics for the whole axle assembly. This coupled with the make, year and model of the RV may lead to a wider variety of direct replacement axels. Replacing the entire axle assembly will probably take less time than an individual axle bearing, brake and seal replacement. A whole used component may cost less than the individual parts needing to be replaced. Try to internet the fuck out of this thing. RV forums are as popular on the internet as DJ's at Burning Man. If you don't need to drive it often considering adding fluid, being extra careful when moving it, having towing insurance and putting off the repair. Mechanics rightfully so want to get equipment to full operational potential but at times situations dictate that that standard can not be afforded to be reached. Good luck BB. I'm pulling for ya!
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby pinemom » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:55 am

I fucking hate posting here. But what I have on my head is to heavy, so I must get it off.

I got home. just kinda relaxed. my mom calls me wants some help w/ garage sale she's staging out in Ferntucky. Ok, mom. Fuck. (she is actually trying to pawn shit off on me and I already know this before I get there).

I walk in the door give her a hug, and whammoo...she says that her x husband, my step dad from 1983-1997 Has shot himself.
Worse he fucked up the shot and lived for 3 days. FUCK!

Then add insult to injury I was tripping through everyones awesome photo's on FB and I see a post on a Family members page by his daughters that Dad has left the building. FUCK! He was suffering from alot of illness's(lots self induced) and his girlfriend committed suicide about 8 months ago in his house. I dont know the details of his passing but can figure by the annoucement that it was also suicide. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! a Wake is on Monday, I dont think I have time to figure that trip out, and I know mymom is prolly going to want me to fucking drive her. Shitfuckpisstitswandajune.
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby ygmir » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:19 am

awe fuck......(((((((((PINEY))))))))))))))
not much else to say.......but I'm here if'n ya need.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby unjonharley » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:30 am

((pine)))

Aw fuck
unjonharley

Postby Sail Man » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:32 am

fuck! That's terrible Piney :(

sending good karma your way
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby pinemom » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:50 am

Fucking big Thank you's gang.
I really am ok. Its just fucking shitty. One that they died, two that life couldnt get good enough for them to hang in there!
RIp to Dick n Rick...ya thats kinda fucking funny, but Im demented...so, they both would've liked me to say it!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby maryanimal » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:12 am

((((Piney)))) sorry to hear what's been happening. *Hugs* fuck ...
Last edited by maryanimal on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Postby AntiM » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:14 am

Fuck, Piney, just fucking fuck. Hugs.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Savannah » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:00 am

Oh Piney, I'm so sorry.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby lucky420 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:45 pm

(((Piney)))

fuck
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby Box Burner » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:14 pm

Fuck! The fucking is going to cost $1200. I can only pay half so he is going keep it until I can pay the rest. That will take a month. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. Staying at my sister's but don't know how long I can stay. There are three other ladies living there and they fucking scream and yell at each other all day long.

Will be able to take the bus to work but am going to have to walk home. I do not think the bus runs when I get off work. Gonna be long walk.

To top things off my nephew shot himself wednesday night. Most of the relative are going to Phoenix for the funeral. I cannot go because I have to work (besides not having any fucking money to go on).
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby ygmir » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:16 pm

holy shit fuck BB!!...........drive the fucking van with a leaky seal, and keep pouring oil in.
there's gotta be a shade tree guy there that can get you going much, cheaper......

and fuckin rest of it!! Jeebus!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby maryanimal » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Ohhh BB I'm so hot sorry to hear that. There must be a mechanic who can fix it cheaper. IM So sorry about your nephew. fuckfuckfuck
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Postby AntiM » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:57 pm

DMN, bb, hugs and more hugs. Fuck.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Fuck!

Postby gyre » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Box Burner, I feel for you.
Wish I was closer.

Another suicide.

I dated someone that had lost every single member of her family to violence, suicide and otherwise.
I don't even know how to relate to one person's suicide.

I lost a friend to suicide awhile back, and as stupid as it sounds, I think I could have saved his life if I could have gotten him to burning man or somewhere that would shake him out of his self consciousness.
He was gay, though never mentioned it.
He was hit over the head outside his house.
They robbed his house and left him.
He had a stroke and was partially paralyzed.
Very conscious of it and body proud and honestly very fit.
Better health than most people half his age.
The proverbial ant, he saved his whole life for retirement and saw his plans vanish, or so he thought.
He had denied himself many things for so long.
Truly unfair.

He talked of suicide a lot.
I tried one year to get him to come to burning man.
I think if he felt accepted, it really would have been life changing for him, and not in any trite way.
We talked of going to australia and he wanted me or someone to help him with the travel.
Now that I'm free to go, he's gone.
I think of Tom every time I hear of a suicide.

A professor of literature and philosophy, he loved great music and probably never had an enemy, other than the stranger that effectively took his life.
A thoroughly decent person.
What more could you ask for?

I will always regret.

Sorry for everyone going through these things and the people lost.
Fuck
gyre

Postby Foxfur » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:37 am

It's extremely distasteful and disrespectful to insert such Me Too BS into others misery. It does nothing to comfort, which is what is needed. Follow the lead of others and offer a word of support instead.
It's about them, not you.
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Postby mgb327 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:48 am

GYRE, STFU.
Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them’s making a poop, the other one’s carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?
" I am a controlled substance". Savannah.
mgb327

Postby ygmir » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:04 am

Foxfur wrote:It's extremely distasteful and disrespectful to insert such Me Too BS into others misery. It does nothing to comfort, which is what is needed. Follow the lead of others and offer a word of support instead.
It's about them, not you.

mgb327 wrote:GYRE, STFU.

see above.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby gyre » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:23 am

I can't sympathize and have any thoughts or emotions about it?
Is it really better to parrot the same things said a thousand times before?
I've been told more than once by friends that they don't need homilies.

To paraphrase what I said, I don't really know what could be helpful to say.

I am not reassured I know any more after hearing from you three.
Foxfur, maybe this is just another attempt to insert your deep, personal emotional issues with me in an inappropriate way?

This is something that has affected more than one person recently.
If any of you actually relevant to this feel I am being offensive, I apologize to you.

I've never found anything ideal to say about such a thing.
But I think I said that before, in the first post.
gyre

Postby Foxfur » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:13 am

gyre wrote:I can't sympathize and have any thoughts or emotions about it?

Sympathy, in this case, can be shown by a short and respectful response. This is not the place for a long story about a friend who killed himself. BB doesn't need a story about another tragedy, he needs our love and support.

gyre wrote:Is it really better to parrot the same things said a thousand times before?

Yes, sometimes it is.

gyre wrote:I've been told more than once by friends that they don't need homilies.

Yet you gave one when a simple reply would have sufficed.

gyre wrote:To paraphrase what I said, I don't really know what could be helpful to say.

Sometimes saying nothing is the best course to follow.

gyre wrote:I am not reassured I know any more after hearing from you three.

I'm not trying to reassure you. I am trying to tell you that I felt that the response you submitted was not constructive and added nothing to the dialogue.

gyre wrote:Foxfur, maybe this is just another attempt to insert your deep, personal emotional issues with me in an inappropriate way?

I do have an issue with you on posts like this. Please apply this to your responses in the rape thread. I feel that these responses are contextually inappropriate.

gyre wrote:I've never found anything ideal to say about such a thing.

Agreed.
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Postby unjonharley » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:22 am

Fuck, the lawn is browning out no matter how I water it.

At the same time new grass starts are jumping out of the ground in the rose beds.

This crawling around pulling that shit is getting old..

Fuck
unjonharley

Postby maryanimal » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:30 am

Do they thr people that van power rake your lawn to remove thr fucking dead grass?
maryanimal

Postby unjonharley » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:45 am

maryanimal wrote:Do they thr people that van power rake your lawn to remove thr fucking dead grass?

The lawn grass will come back this fall.. In the mean time the fucking weeds are gaining ground..
unjonharley

Postby Foxfur » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:43 pm

unjonharley wrote:
maryanimal wrote:Do they thr people that van power rake your lawn to remove thr fucking dead grass?

The lawn grass will come back this fall.. In the mean time the fucking weeds are gaining ground..

Oregon lawncare:
Mother nature takes care of watering from October through May, I'll water the lawn for the first 2 weeks of June then get distracted by that big fiery orb in the sky. Next thing you know, the lawn's dead.
Here comes October... :D
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Postby Deb Prothero » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Piney, I hear your pain across the miles. I can feel you pushing your pain away while you hold your mother together through this. Good thing TITWI is big enough to contain you and your pain 'cause I can see him hugging you too, after all the shit is over and you're safely in your nest again. As you both did for me, a complete stranger at the time, TITWI will put Piney right.

BoxBurner, I looooove your new wheels. If you can hear the repair instructions given here right now, they are coming from wise people who know what they are talking about and they care about you.

When the others are at your nephew’s funeral, please have a plan to care for yourself. If you putting a plan in place is beyond you, ask someone to help, please. Find a physically close friend who will listen, share a story about your nephew, let yourself grieve then figure the truck out.

((((((((Piney&TITWI)))))))) and (((((((BoxBurner)))))))

<WARNING, this is a real rant about platitudes from hard-earned pain and deep anger from shared experiences>

Fuck the platitudes and defaultia standards for expressing sympathy.

I just came from an online suicide discussion group where survivors who’ve lost partners, spouses or intimate friends try to make sense of their lives. No judgment is allowed as each person chooses to express whatever they are going through and others respond from their own experience. Today’s topic was another fucking foreclosure after the breadwinner killed himself. Another homeless American family with children.

No platitudes are allowed in that group. No fucking flowers, no sappy cards. Save your money, quit feeding the machine, they say.

Be there, give a hug and listen. If you are there, in person, do not say one fucking word ‘cause you don’t have a clue and neither do I, even though I’ve been there. The words you say while that person is in shock will be the triggers for later when you are not around to hug them. Don’t gift them any triggers. Complete silence is better than almost anything you can say. Listen.

If I could share the “No Fuckin’ Platitudes” thread from the suicide discussion group, it would blow your minds. Suffice to say, survivors of suicide may hospitalize you, if you dare to express one more fucking platitude. If you speak, speak from experience that is relevant. A real story about another suicide is relevant.

Some humans only actually act when they see the numbers. Try these.

In April 2009 when Caleb shot himself in front of me, 16 other Americans committed suicide in the same minute. Three years later, the rate is 22 Americans every minute choose death instead of living in this fucked-up world. That is the fastest increase since the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention began.

Get real. Go build a fucking world people want to live in.

<end platitude rant>

Oh, one more thing

<new rant>

I’m enjoying your BM pictures on Facebook. I grew so profoundly, emotionally and spiritually during the six burns, I attended but I cannot attend until I fix a grieving father’s angry mistake.

Your country allowed ten Homeland Security goons with glocks to arrest me in a brutal take-down on my way to Lakes of Fire last year. I didn’t even have any good Canadian pot with me. So until I fix that, I can’t enter your country. After that horrendous and scarring event, I’m not entirely sure I can emotionally face crossing the border to enter America. Those goons were acting in your name with your permission.

If you choose to sit on your asses during THIS election cycle and let your democracy dissolve as your leaders sign all of our lives away to corporations in the TPP agreement, I’m not sure I’ll ever want to enter your country again.

I love individual Americans and many of them. BUT your elections affect the whole world and you have fucked up, you have elected fools, idiots and even a few complete morons whose only goal is to amass as much as they can for a few. Those fools and idiots direct a few more fools and idiots to export neo-liberal monetary policy through the IMF and the World Bank who are right now divvying up the spoils of Europe. The American people aren’t getting any of, of course, its being funnelled into the hands of a few bankers.

Get real. Shut off your television. Register a 100 people to vote. Take back your beautiful Republic for the people, all the people of the world.

<end rant>

And for christ’s sake, someone get in a vehicle and go fix BB’s truck. The man is in a state of shock and he is fucking overwhelmed. Gifting of yourself is not yet a crime in America. And if KK is still wandering around, someone give the man a home for a few months so he can heal his broken body. No thing you own is worth anything until you share it. Share what you have and it will be returned aplenty.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.

Albert Camus
Deb Prothero

Postby Sail Man » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:04 am

Oh Fuck! Box Burner :cry: Like you need more shit piled up on you. I'm so sorry about your nephew.
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby Zhust » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:56 am

Deb Prothero wrote:If you choose to sit on your asses during THIS election cycle and let your democracy dissolve as your leaders sign all of our lives away to corporations in the TPP agreement, I’m not sure I’ll ever want to enter your country again.

It's hopelessly fucked. We get to choose between the new guy who will lead us to more fear, consumerism, and self-destructive behavior and the current guy who will continue follow the last guy's plan right to more fear, consumerism, and self-destructive behavior. So what the fuck difference does it make to vote anyway? I can't quite bear to sit out an election, but I'm closer every year. We used to have old machines in New York that couldn't even dial-up to get hacked, and now we fill in bubbles and deposit them in a Ballot Disposal Unit which has precomputed totals for the election. I try to steer clear of the hopelessness, but I always know that if cornered, suicide is always an option.
May your deeds return to you tenfold,
---Zhust, Curiosityist
Zhust

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Camp CampCampCamp

Postby Mountain~Goat » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:57 pm

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
Mountain~Goat

Burning Since: 2012

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:43 am

This FUCK is for a friend. I'm not going to divulge the specifics of her situation, but she's hurting and stressed. She's too good a person to be going through this shit.

FUCK!!

And a big hug to my friend.
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby ygmir » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:55 am

Deb Prothero wrote:

ather’s angry mistake.

Your country allowed ten Homeland Security goons with glocks to arrest me in a brutal take-down on my way to Lakes of Fire last year. I didn’t even have any good Canadian pot with me. So until I fix that, I can’t enter your country. After that horrendous and scarring event, I’m not entirely sure I can emotionally face crossing the border to enter America. Those goons were acting in your name with your permission.

If you choose to sit on your asses during THIS election cycle and let your democracy dissolve as your leaders sign all of our lives away to corporations in the TPP agreement, I’m not sure I’ll ever want to enter your country again.

I love individual Americans and many of them. BUT your elections affect the whole world and you have fucked up, you have elected fools, idiots and even a few complete morons whose only goal is to amass as much as they can for a few. Those fools and idiots direct a few more fools and idiots to export neo-liberal monetary policy through the IMF and the World Bank who are right now divvying up the spoils of Europe. The American people aren’t getting any of, of course, its being funnelled into the hands of a few bankers.

Get real. Shut off your television. Register a 100 people to vote. Take back your beautiful Republic for the people, all the people of the world.

<end rant>

really Deb? .......eyeroll. fuck.

but thanks for the other parts of your post, right on!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion