The Mountain Goat is born.....

The Mountain Goat is born.....

Postby Mountain~Goat » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Hey all, name is Hayden or Spre(t)z, or Mountain-Goat. whatever you wanna call me as long as its whatever you want to call me....

not exactly sure what to say or where to begin...
this year was my first burn and I can safely say I will not be missing another burn as long as the universe permits it.
got my name Mountain Goat from a ground level burner watching me climb up to the top of the structure underneath The Man to snap a photo.
i rock climb for a living so my friends all thought it was not only hilarious but appropriate. Thus Spretz the Mountain Goat was born.
after that everything started familiarizing within minutes. the expectations and insecurity started melting away.
I didnt understand at first why everyone came up and gave me a warm "welcome home" until after my first night.
i woke up the next morning ready to sponge it all in. and i did.
I made some extremely rad friends and saw some of the most beautiful artwork and people i have ever seen. NON STOP for 8 days
slept like a baby every night(that i actually slept) andwith an ass crack full of playa dust and miles of blinking lights and thumping music to boot.
In fact, I slept better on the Playa than i have in 4 or 5 years anywhere else. and with lil to no comparative accommodations.

Never have i felt so comfortable doing anything in my life as life at burning man.... and especially around mostly complete strangers! gallivanting around in my underwear, seeing naked people, WEARING MY HAIR DOWN(oh man was that freeing), showering out in the open, sharing stories and food and drink with neighbors and passer-by's, shitting in scorching porters with funny graffiti, DANCING, (holy hell i had no idea i could boogie so hard!) SMILING, biking for miles at a time.... the list goes on. and all of these things i feel now are or were milestones in not only my growth as an individual, but my understanding of community and functionality. once i stopped worrying about myself and realized that i am just as unimportant as anything or anyone else. I BECAME IMPORTANT. i dont know if that last thought makes any sense. but fuck it sounded cool in my head.

CANNOT WAIT TO GET BACK OUT NEXT YEAR AND BE AT HOME AGAIN, EXPANDING MY FAMILY AND MIND.

A few of my friends and I have some awesome plans for next year, cant wait to see all of your beautiful faces again.

dreaming of Playa sunrises.....
mountain goat
OUT
Mountain~Goat

Burning Since: 2012

Re: The Mountain Goat is born.....

Postby Drawingablank » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:30 pm

Welcome to eplaya.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby piehole » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:35 pm

go fuck yourself
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
piehole

Postby piehole » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:36 pm

I mean, err fingers slipped, sorry.
welcome to eplaya!
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
piehole

Postby ygmir » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:19 pm

yes welcome!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby jella » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:51 pm

Love the name :)
Welcome aboard eplaya..enjoy your glow as long as you can !
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there
jella

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: ASSORTED :)

Postby illy dilly » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:14 am

Hey Mountain Goat,
Welcome to eplaya!

I'm really glad that you made it to the burn this year! It sounds like you truly had a wonderful time. Reading about the great times that folks have their first year makes me feel great!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Return to Introduce Yourself!