Aloha, neighbors.

Aloha, neighbors.

Postby Dr. Dust » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:42 am

My name is Brian, aka Doctor Dust. I attended Burning Man in 2011 and 2012. I had a most excellent second burn, especially those nights at the Playa Jazz Cafe. I was lucky enough to sit in on the drums with Neil, Takuma, Robbie, Fella Fitzgerald, and a whole bunch of other musicians who loved and respected our participatory jazz tradition. I was so impressed with the level of talent at the Jazz Cafe, and I could hardly believe that place existed amidst the sea of progressive tech house that was blaring at every corner of the burn. It was a beautiful discovery.

I met my dear friends Bear, Torie, and Suzie at the gas station in Gerlach on Sunday around 5:00 PM. We turned on our walkie-talkies and drove in together, stopping at will-call and picking up my STEP ticket. We camped on Dandelion at 3:40, right behind a beautiful dome built by our new friends and burn neighbors Kevin and David. On Monday, I realized that my close friend Kimi was parked directly across the street from us. This was certainly a powerful synchronicity. My favorite art installation was The Pier 2, and my favorite art car was the Rastafari Lion, definitely. On two occasions I ventured to Gong Vibes for gong meditation. I found this to be a very powerful experience. Though I didn't make my way over to Fractal Nation until after the temple burn, I fell in love with this area of Black Rock City. I stayed until Tuesday after the burns, picking up trash on D street. There was a lot, it seemed. On Tuesday night, Kimi, a conclave performer, let me try spinning fire back by our campsites. I never realized how exciting it was! I'm really excited about learning to spin fire now. Who knows if I'll actually follow through with it, but I'm enamored by the grace and beauty of conclave performances and I love the sound of the torches whooshing and swooshing around you as they gently offer warmth in the cold night breeze. I met so many beautiful people, as well as a lot of ugly people too. I hope to see you in 2013!

Doctor Dust

Last edited by Dr. Dust on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Dust

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Miso Horny

Re: Aloha, neighbors.

Postby illy dilly » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Welcome to eplaya!

Dr. Dust wrote:On Monday, I realized that my close friend Kimi was parked directly across the street from us. This was certainly a powerful synchronicity.

Isn't that kinda stuff Crazy!!!
Its oddly comforting to unexpectedly run into your friends when you are miles and miles away from home!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Dr. Dust » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:00 pm

so crazy! Nice to virtually meet you illy dilly!
Dr. Dust

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Miso Horny

Postby Savannah » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:25 am

Hello, Dr. Dust! :D
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby illy dilly » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:46 am

Dr. Dust wrote:so crazy! Nice to virtually meet you illy dilly!

Absolutely crazy!

In 2010, we were walking down esplanade and passing this giant "tight rope" type thing that people could walk across.
As we're walking, I pass a guy standing there watching the folks cross the rope, he looks super familier... I take probably another 3 steps before I stop, turn around, look back...
AND SURE AS SHIT!!! Its our buddy Scary Kid.
First off, he doesn't seem like the burner type. Secondly, I didn't even know hew as going to Burning Man...
Got to talking to him and he came out with his new girlfriend, who I'd never met until then.
They were camped by them selves, but with the Purple Palace folks. We went over to their camp hung out and then they hung out with us for the rest of the day and night, the next morning, we ended up deciding that they were gonna camp with us.

So we went to their camp (about 9 and C), packed up all their shit and made our way to our camp (3:30 and F)
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Return to Introduce Yourself!