Did you lose a Kona Bike?

Did you lose a Kona Bike?

Postby kickstanddpw » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Did you, or one of your friends lose or is lamenting their stolen and reeeallly sweet Kona?

A Kona was found in a rack post event and i want it to go to the proper owner or steward of this bike. If it is yours, please contact me directly : kickstand (at) burningman (dot) com with a description and possible photo of your ride and I'll make arrangements to have it returned to you in some fashion. If you are miles way from San Francisco CA, it can be packed and shipped to you. And this bike is well worth the $35-100 that it will cost me to send it via fedex or UPS.

Talk to me...

Yellow Bike Project Manger
Black Rock City, NV
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Yellow Bike Project

Re: Did you lose a Kona Bike?

Postby talblue17 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:24 am

I don't honestly know the brand of the cruiser I had stolen. I bought it at recycled cycles, just before loading it in Pat's Box truck. But when I looked up Kona bikes, it looked a lot like the Women's Manhattan. It was a blueish green. There should be (in addition to the recycled cycles sticker) a black wire mesh basket, leopard print duct tape on the seat and PVC T kickstand cover, and possibly still a duct tape drink holder of the same design. those didn't work as well as we thought they would, so who knows. I had put on a hokey spoke and a downward pointing blue light, as well as some purple El wire, and front and rear blinkers. Who knows what survived? The fiends jacked it in the 5 minutes it took me to circumnavigate EGO on Tuesday night while I was scoping out Art installations. They got my mask and goggles, too. Welcome to Burning Man, right? thankfully, my camp came through and cobbled together a loaner so I wasn't stranded...
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Pucker Up

Return to Found Bikes