2012 Virgin Thank You's

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

2012 Virgin Thank You's

Postby cosmicchild » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:23 pm

Hello everyone! 2012 was my first burn and I just wanted to extend my warmest thanks to the Greeters and Medical.

Traveling to Burning Man was tough, especially because of a particular member of my group who was being a non-inclusive hypocrite and wanted everything done his way, and definitely overall just because it was tiring and we were all on very little sleep. We rolled up to the gate after hours of waiting in line, half asleep. I was crumpled up in the car dozing off and when I woke up several cars away from the gate, I was extremely grouchy and irritable. I was one of two newbies in the car and we were told by our second-timer friend about the initiation ritual we'd have to do when we got to the gate. I was NOT excited! I was like, "Ugh, do we really have to do that? How embarrassing. I'm not in the mood for this. I know I'm gonna get playa dust all over everything but I don't want to purposely roll around on the ground!" But I knew my friend wouldn't let us get away without participating. I was not looking forward to it at all, but as soon as we rolled up to the gate, a friendly older man came up to the window and said, "Welcome home! Any virgins in the car?" His smile and warm demeanor INSTANTLY changed my mood, and I smiled back while our friend pointed to us. He said, "Ok, get out of the car!" I hopped out excitedly and we exchanged hugs. He introduced us to his wife who complimented me on my fur coat and welcomed us sweetly. They told us to lay down on the ground and make dust angels and I happily obliged! I rang the gong and yelled with a big grin, "I'm not a virgin anymore!!!" What a difference a smile and merry people can make! And as soon as we rolled into BRC, I proudly took my top off and began to embrace it all! :)

The other part of my experience for which I am extremely grateful is seeking help at medical. On the very day we got there I developed a UTI, and after a couple days of trying to treat it with cranberry supplements it was not getting better so I decided I really needed to get help. I really didn't know what the procedure would be, and was worried I might have to continue suffering. My friend came with me and we rode to the nearest medical station, where I told them my problem and they said they don't dispense meds for that there, and we needed to go to the Rampart building. As soon as we got there, a girl took my information and symptoms down on a form, handed it off to another person, and within 10 minutes a doctor named Kathy/Cathy came out with a full course of Bactrin antibiotics. Another person came out to take my temp and blood pressure, and lickety-split, we were sent on our way! Wow, SO EASY. I was so thankful and relieved for their immediate attention and for being able to simply walk in, tell them what I already knew was the problem, and get medication on the spot. Healthcare in the default world should be like this all the time. What a shame all the flaming hoops we have to jump through just to stay healthy!
cosmicchild

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Kamp Krusty (2012)

Re: 2012 Virgin Thank You's

Postby trilobyte » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:43 am

Moving this over to the Experiences At Burning Man board...
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Dis)'(rack » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:46 am

Awesome, and thanks for bringing the birgin energy into the city. I for one know that it helps the old timers and veterans get re-invigorated about the burn.

I have two responses to your post.

1.) I have greeted before and have spent way too much time thinking about this, but I'm not convinced that your de-birginized at the gate. I somewhat think that until you see the Man burn, you're still a birgin. It is Burning Man, and the burn is intercourse...the rest is just foreplay, but I could be wrong.

2.) Did you happen to come in to Med 3 on Monday afternoon alongside another gentlemen?
You pay your money...you take your chances
Dis)'(rack

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Blue Team Burners

Postby cosmicchild » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:40 am

Dis)'(rack, no I didn't seek help at medical until Wednesday! Dumb me. In a way, I didn't like that people referred to me as a virgin while I was there, but I do agree with you - just getting to the gate is not really being de-virginized! So I'd say, I was a virgin before I entered the gate, and not a virgin anymore after I left BM, but in between, during the time that I was there, I felt like something else. What should we call that? There should be a different word for that!
cosmicchild

Camp Name: Kamp Krusty (2012)

Postby maladroit » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:17 am

Getting fucked? 8)
maladroit

Postby graidawg » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:08 am

cosmicchild wrote:Dis)'(rack, no I didn't seek help at medical until Wednesday! Dumb me. In a way, I didn't like that people referred to me as a virgin while I was there, but I do agree with you - just getting to the gate is not really being de-virginized! So I'd say, I was a virgin before I entered the gate, and not a virgin anymore after I left BM, but in between, during the time that I was there, I felt like something else. What should we call that? There should be a different word for that!

lets discuss this in my tent, then we can be sure of the monent you changed from virgin :D to something else.

Find me in Dread pirate Barnie where next year I will going by "Lord Earl Duke of FAreheam." its my new formal title (i reckon it will help attract girls)
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby AntiM » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:55 am

Damn, is that m'Lord, Your Highness, Your Grace, or hey you, fucko?
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby SaritaSyrah » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:24 pm

I have so many people to thank.

First, Jungle-fuckin-smacks. You made my trip happen. Without you, I would have been sitting at home all week watching the live stream. You made me be awesome instead of lame and I love you so much. Cant wait to see you and the girl in April.

My Parents, TK and her Stallion. Thanks for carrying in my stuff in your trailer, reminding me to put on sunscrean, letting me explore, helping set up my tent, bringing the dye shop, laughing with me, laughing at me. Just thanks. You guys are so sweet and I am so grateful that you wanted to share your experience with me.

Jonsi, thank you for opening your home to me. It was the perfect way to start and end my trip. You are so kind. Sadie, you were instantly on my "cool as heck" list when you got me iced coffee, and the same to Adam when you layed in the back yard with me and talked about everything we could think of. I love your entire family, and I'll see you soon.

BDC, holy shit. Best village ever. I met so many great people, and enjoyed the shit out of everybody. Doc, thanks putting in the effort to help all of us nimrods have a great burn. Day spa guys (and gal), thanks for letting me help with painting nails and hand massages. Thanks to everybody who brought food and drinks, made pancakes, made lumpia, painted boobes, let me paint their boobies (gosh, I love boobies). There aren't enough words for how awesome BDC is.

The Dye Shop gang. There was drama, but thank God it wasn't mine so I didnt give a shit. You guys were so much fun. Special thanks to tinker for letting me use her awesome shade and being so uplifting and helpful, Monty for all of the wonderful hugs, and Angela for bringing baby Liam. The CRAZY line at Dye with Dignity on monday was awesome and I was so mother effing proud. Go team.

My neighbors at the Dread Pirate Barbie. Julie, GraiDawg, Puppy, Archie, Alex, Pat, Misa, and Knowmad. I would have been lost wandering the playa without you guys. You were so entertaining and honest to goodness the best neighbors anybody could ask for. My dear friend, thanks for keeping my sparkle to a minimum. Grai, thanks for purposefully rolling a seven so we could do a body shot. My belly button will never be the same.

Misa, you are the sexiest woman I've ever met, and I love you so much. Thanks for hugging me at the Temple burn and not making me feel like a sissy for crying. That goes to Pat and Alex too.

Mike deserves mad props for being so quietly helpful. You gracefully put up with a group of birgins, and were so willing to let us explore and to turn us around when we started to act like nimrods.

Genius, thanks for my post card. Its so cool, and definitely getting framed. Sorry we didnt make it to your performace at Rocky Horror. I bet it was awesome, and you're the greatest.

Aunti M and Larry, thanks for the delicious cookies and letting me explore your awesome camp set up. I learned a few cool tips and tricks for next year. Also, thanks for having frenchie camped with you. That guy was so much fun.

Yiggi for letting me squeeze his bum. :)

Mooney for the AWESOME fire show and fabulous drink. Also for letting us use your carport as a hangout spot.

Thanks to the Booty Mashups folks at Root Society, I have never danced harder in my life. Thanks to the hot dog guy that fed me when I was wandering deep playa with Adam. Thanks to Adam for wandering with me.

The porta-potty-pigs on 4. You guys were amazing. I waited for potty 5 or 6 every time. Also thanks to everybody who didnt hover. Not sitting on your piss was awesome.

I know I've got to be forgetting somebody, so i'll probably be adding more. But for now...thanks.
BURN SHIT!
SaritaSyrah

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro

Postby lucky420 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:45 pm

Awesome thank you post, Sarita!

We love you (jonsi,adam, &sadie) and we await your return this spring (hopefully) and if not then well we'll see you in August when the dust flys...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Return to Experiences at Burning Man