SomeDayBurnerMe!

SomeDayBurnerMe!

Postby CarrieBlueberries » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:36 pm

I've heard about Burning Man but never dared to think that I could ever be "cool" enough to go. This year, my friend (the adventurous one) went BY HERSELF and while I feed her cats, I think to myself...if SHE can go BY HERSELF why couldn't I? Maybe I can pretend to be adventurous? Maybe I could overcome my extreme fear of the unknown and just DO IT. What do you think? Is it possible? Can a shy accounting clerk living in SC who was raised Fundamentalist Christian (atheist now...wonder why) and who has to give herself a pep-talk just to take a WALK outside alone...could I ever make it to this magnificent city? Maybe next year? Maybe I will need 2 years of pep talks so I can go in 2014?
CarrieBlueberries

Burning Since: 2013

Re: SomeDayBurnerMe!

Postby jkisha » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Hey if you were brave enough to break the bonds of religion, burning man will be a piece of cake. Read and prepare, maybe join a camp so you aren't totally alone. But even if you don't join a camp, you'll make friends with your neighbors in no time.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby gyre » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Yeah, you can go.

Have you thought about transformus, or any of the other regionals?
Not the same, but there.

And you don't have to be shy.
gyre

Postby CarrieBlueberries » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:34 pm

Turns out I am about 75 miles from the nearest regional. I think I will check them out, thanks.
CarrieBlueberries

Burning Since: 2013

Postby gyre » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Alchemy is coming up.

May be hard to get tickets though.
gyre

Postby illy dilly » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:23 am

CarrieBlueberries wrote:if SHE can go BY HERSELF why couldn't I?
No reason you cant

CarrieBlueberries wrote:Maybe I can pretend to be adventurous?
Once you get there you wont have to pretend!
CarrieBlueberries wrote:Maybe I could overcome my extreme fear of the unknown and just DO IT. What do you think?
You can do it!
CarrieBlueberries wrote:Is it possible?
Hell Yeah it is!
CarrieBlueberries wrote:Can a shy accounting clerk living in SC who was raised Fundamentalist Christian (atheist now...wonder why) and who has to give herself a pep-talk just to take a WALK outside alone...could I ever make it to this magnificent city?
FUCK YEAH!!! YOU CAN!!! check this out--------->http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45094
CarrieBlueberries wrote: Maybe next year?

ABSOLUTELY!!!!
CarrieBlueberries wrote:Maybe I will need 2 years of pep talks so I can go in 2014?

NO! You have 12 months to figure it out! Stay in ePlaya and you'll make it happen!

The tips on going to a Regional are great ideas! Do you best to make it out to some regional, or even just some local Meet'n'Greets.
I was really scared the first year I went to Burning Man, luckily I had some experienced folks to show me the ropes!
But guess what? You have an experienced friend to show you the ropes, and you're going to go to some local events and meet more friends that can help guide you through your first adventure to BRC!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Return to Introduce Yourself!