Found: Nice Felt Cowboy Hat with Snakeskin Band

Found: Nice Felt Cowboy Hat with Snakeskin Band

Postby FlamingJae » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:02 am

Hey you beautiful soul,

You poured yourself into the Camp Yes Please lounge (7:15 & Edelweiss) one night early in the week (Monday or Tuesday night) and promptly fell asleep on one of our futons. We put them there for that purpose so I threw a blanket on you and let you sleep it off. But alas, the next morning you were gone, but your wonderful hat was still in camp. Cowboy hat is brown felt with a wide brim and a distinctive handmade snakeskin hatband.

You are a tall, thin, white male with glasses and a large cranium. Please tell me the story of that hat band. I know there is one. I remember your face. Send a picture of it, preferablly with the hat on, and I will reunite you.

Hope the rest of your burn was fantastic, despite losing that beloved hat.

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Yes Please

Re: Found: Nice Felt Cowboy Hat with Snakeskin Band

Postby CCity » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:33 am

Once I finally got a login here.....I am so happy you found my hat. That is a sonora sidewinder that I found on the road in mexico.....cured the band myself. The hat is from a garage sale, and I always take it to the burn. Thanks for the sleep.....I must have needed it.
I went to the lost and found line at the burn, each day, to find it. I have no picture of me and the hat.....but this might help.....the rattle was starting to dry out, and I glued it a few days before the burn. I am Thank you so very much for the post, CCity
Burning Since: 2006

Return to Found Clothing