Post a fine immediately?

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

Post a fine immediately?

Postby thefarbetween » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:57 am

in the survival guide under Travel Tips & Reminders it says If stopped for speeding on tribal lands (Nixon & Wadsworth) be prepared to post a fine immediately. Does this mean pay the cop cash right there on the spot? That is what it sounds like. Just want to be sure. Should i travel with extra cash to pay off tribal thugs?
thefarbetween

Burning Since: 2012

Re: Post a fine immediately?

Postby Jackass » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:00 am

Yes.
Don't worry, it'll get weird...
Jackass

Postby shroom » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:34 am

don't speed, problem solved. If you are follow 100 other burners there won't be much chance to speed anyway.
"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire." Fred Shero
shroom

Burning Since: 2010

Postby plantmandan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:29 am

Just be careful as you approach Nixon on the 447. The speed limit drops from 45 to 25 on a downhill incline well before the town appears. There is usually a cop right there.
plantmandan

Burning Since: 2002

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:04 am

..and they mean 25mph. Go 23mph. Seriously. Keep it 2mph UNDER the limit the entire way if you want to play it safe. This is their #1 money maker of the year and they're looking for any reason..
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby Lonesomebri » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:58 am

Yes, when you decide to travel to the land of the thugs, from all across this world, and get popped for driving like you are on the autobahn, they could issue you a ticket for which you would never pay, simply reflecting on your already established lawless nature, or they could take you in to see the judge then, or they could have you required to return for a court date........ Or they could take care of it there and then, and let you be on your way. Buncha tribal thugs...

Make sure to get a receipt.
"Grow some facial hair it may help with the gender confusion" -tatonka
Your dreams are not mine to share.
Lonesomebri

Burning Since: 1997
Camp Name: Camp Threat

Postby maladroit » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:14 am

It would be useful information to know the average cost of a speeding ticket there. My perception of ticket fines is pretty skewed, considering the last parking ticket I paid in SF was over $300. I don't really want to carry $500 in cash out there.
maladroit

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:18 am

They want tobacco and firewater.

What a question. Don't exceed the speed limit (by any appreciable amount) and you will survive long enough to burn.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby maladroit » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:35 am

Do you think they would accept a couple of blankets?

I feel so horrible for that
maladroit

Postby 1durphul » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:39 am

It is a valid question: how much cash should I have on me should I happen to accidentally miss the 35 to 25 MPH speed limit change sign. (I won't.)
1durphul

Postby teardropper » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:56 pm

You know, I was just in Pyramid Lake and camped over night. I did something pretty stupid. It's sand, not dust up there and I got my motorhome stuck pretty quick. Tribal Police was there very quickly. He had a a 'cousin' who got me out pretty cheap. The whole time I was there, I didn't see or talk to any 'thugs'. I did talk to some nice and friendly and helpful people. 'Course, I was I was nice and friendly. Is anyone familiar with GIGO?

Don't speed. Be respectful. It is their land. If you are dumb enough not listen to what everyone, here , now, every year has said, you just kind of deserve to make the contribution

Otherwise, buy a couple of fry read tacos and buy a permit, it's only $9 and have a swim or spend the night on beautiful Pyramid Lake. But just like you don't sneak into BM, because it ain't right and you will get caught, it's the same there. Respect is two ways.
Last edited by teardropper on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
\^/
/..\ Furthur
teardropper

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Guess you don't know a thug when you see one. ;)
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby teardropper » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:12 pm

No, I know one by how they act.
\^/
/..\ Furthur
teardropper

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Postby AntiM » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:31 am

We came through Nixon at zero dark thirty early Saturday morning. Three-ish I seem to recall. A car from Arizona with a dreaded lady had been pulled over at the downhill 45~25 transition point. She looked annoyed and pissed off.

As we traveled along 447, we got behind a slow trailer, which was fine with us, we were slow too. Still moving about the speed limit, maybe five under. Who came zipping by us? Yep, the gal with the AZ plates. Definitely speeding.

How many times do you have to hit a person with the stupid stick before they change their behavior?
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby DrYes » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:38 am

AntiM wrote:We came through Nixon at zero dark thirty early Saturday morning. Three-ish I seem to recall. A car from Arizona with a dreaded lady had been pulled over at the downhill 45~25 transition point. She looked annoyed and pissed off.

As we traveled along 447, we got behind a slow trailer, which was fine with us, we were slow too. Still moving about the speed limit, maybe five under. Who came zipping by us? Yep, the gal with the AZ plates. Definitely speeding.

How many times do you have to hit a person with the stupid stick before they change their behavior?

We saw the same kind of thing! Saw a person get pulled over, that person caught up later and passed us....then got pulled over again. Apparently you have to hit a person at -least- twice with the stupid stick.
Burning Man 2013 video || Burning Man 2013 photos
Burning Man 2012 video
Burning Man 2011 video

"We'll never leave, look at us now, so in love with the way we are."
DrYes

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp Tasty Bits (w/ the Stimulus Tree)

Postby Jackass » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:41 pm

Had alot of cars passing us on the way in Sunday evening, where do these people think the're going besides jail or the morgue. Then we end up being right next to them in line on the way in, only thing you're getting by passing is a ticket or a wreck. It was bumper to bumper the rest of the way there and the cops were out like a hornets. Idiots
Don't worry, it'll get weird...
Jackass

Postby Tiahaar » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:17 pm

heheh...it was priceless to see the same car that had been riding my bumper for miles before zipping by just before Nixon be stopped just in front of me in the lineup approaching Gerlach...I just smiled sweetly at the driver...you don't want to tailgate an old 2-cycle detroit diesel bus if you don't want oil mist all over your car 8)
Tiahaar

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Postby BBadger » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:19 am

I like to think of these kinds of tickets as liberating the money from the less worthy. If it happens multiple times, it just reaffirms the fact.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Return to Transportation