RV/camper cleaning/detailing recommendations in SF Bay Area?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

RV/camper cleaning/detailing recommendations in SF Bay Area?

Postby gpavlov » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:14 pm

My camper van needs de-playa-fication and for several reasons I may not be able to do it myself. Looking for references to a car/RV cleaning business that does a good job and is familiar with the issues specific to alkaline playa dust. The closer to Oakland/Berkeley the better and the less expensive the better, but most important is someone you have had a good experience with in the past and knows what they are doing. Thanks!
gpavlov

Burning Since: 2012

Re: RV/camper cleaning/detailing recommendations in SF Bay A

Postby Rxdxt » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:57 pm

So I found myself today, in the worst position. Returning an uncleaned RV in Oakland minus my RV mates. We'd miscalculated the return date by one day ruining our plans to have a leisurely decompression & cleaning in RENO and instead necessitating a hellish 13 hour drive from Reno to SF in Labor Day, construction, rush hour and holiday traffic. (oh yes and not 3 but 4 flaming cars on the sides of the road!!!).

That said I've made a wonderful discovery. Right by the San Leandro RV return place in Oakland is a car wash, the San Leandro Car wash & detail. For $150 USD they washed & cleaned the inside, outside and made it GOOD as new. They were so kind and sweet and so very helpful.

Call ahead and make a reservation as they aren't a big place, but it's a perfect burner friendly place.

BTW you can dump your RV down the street at CAMPER HEAVEN - rather than go all the way to Pacifica like me, note the pacifica people are quire lovely. If you decide to use a truckwash note they will ONLY wash the outside and do a slipshod effort at that. Thankfully I found these guys!

___
TITUS
PLAY)A(SKOOL
Rxdxt

Re: RV/camper cleaning/detailing recommendations in SF Bay A

Postby CarrieSnarf » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:51 pm

That said I've made a wonderful discovery. Right by the San Leandro RV return place in Oakland is a car wash, the San Leandro Car wash & detail. For $150 USD they washed & cleaned the inside, outside and made it GOOD as new. They were so kind and sweet and so very helpful.

God, I'm a bit jealous. I was in the same traffic, stayed up until 4am cleaning the RV with an injured shoulder and now have a $700 cleaning fee. I will definitely use them next year. Thanks for the tip.
thesammiewagon.blogspot.com
CarrieSnarf

Return to Shelter & Camping