$175 Will-Call Ticket, Easily Transferred

Have extra tickets or can't use yours? Post about it here

$175 Will-Call Ticket, Easily Transferred

Postby psysun » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:50 am

Purchased this ticket among the thousand that were distributed on August 3rd.
Unfortunately I was unable to make it due to financial concerns and a suitable way to get there.

The will-call ticket office will close September 1st at noon - you must be sure to pick it up by then.

I've done research on how to transfer over the ticket so no worries to the buyer.

$175 posted. I understand what burning man stands for and will guarantee the ticket transfer.
Price negotiable.. I would prefer someone who really wanted to go and experience the event than just someone who is buying just to get in.

E-Mail or Cell, I will respond very quickly.

I am posting this on craigs list, and the burner forum.
E-mail bruman2012 (AT) gmail.com or text at eight-one-zero three-five-eight nine-nine-one-four.

Hope someone gets enjoyment of a lifetime out of me missing out this year :)

Confirmation/Screenshots:

http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php#elsepickup (explains process of ticket name transfer)

My original e-mail receipt when purchased

Also posted on Reno craigs list, will edit once sold.
psysun

Burning Since: 2017

Re: $175 Will-Call Ticket, Easily Transferred

Postby gyre » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:39 am

Not transferable.
Sorry.
gyre

Postby psysun » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:49 am

gyre wrote:Not transferable.
Sorry.

Please explain?

My indication was as followed..?

1. A letter signed by you, the original ticket holder. This letter MUST state that you have given/sold the tickets to the person now picking them up and have their full name in the letter. Example: I John Doe, sold my two will call tickets to Jane Smith and I'm authorizing her to pick them up.
2. A photocopy of your driver's license and a photocopy of the credit card used to purchase the tickets (you can black out the first set of numbers, just make sure the last 4 numbers can be read). Remember, the full name on the driver's license must be clear. We need to be completely sure that you have given/sold your tickets to the person picking them up.
3. For will call transfer: In addition to what's above, you MUST have the confirmation number.

As always for any Will Call pick up, the person picking up tickets must have, in addition to the above information, THEIR photo ID as proof of who they are!
psysun

Postby gyre » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:57 am

http://tickets.burningman.com/#fraud

NEW: AUGUST 3 LIMITED SALE - THIS SALE HAS ENDED

1,000 tickets were available at $390 each.
Tickets are limited to one (1) per person.
Tickets are held at Will Call (at the Box Office of the event), no exceptions.
Tickets are not eligible for name changes and are not transferrable

Same rules apply to STEP tickets
Remember that no name changes are allowed on STEP purchases. The name was used in the purchase of STEP tickets is the name the ticket(s) will be under at Will Call.

The original purchaser can pick up the ticket and then give the hard ticket to anyone.
This was an anti-scalping measure.

The early purchase tickets, last year and the main sale, that are will call are the only ones that can be transferred, but not STEP or the late sale.
gyre

Postby psysun » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:02 am

Just read that after googling.

1,000 additional $390 tickets will be made available to the general public through a first-come first-serve online private sale on August 3 at noon PST. You need not have registered for the sale in January, or signed up for STEP—anyone may participate in the sale, but you must request access to the private sale during a 12-hour sign up period between 10am PST and 10pm PST on Wednesday, August 1. When you sign up, you’ll be asked for your name, your email address, and your zip or postal code. You will then be added to the list of people allowed into the private sale. Your email address will be your key to enter the sale. The sale will take place online on Friday, August 3, at 12 noon PST. Tickets are one per person, will all be held at Will Call, and are not available for name changes (this is necessary to prevent these precious tickets from ending up in the hands of scalpers). Full information will be posted on http://tickets.burningman.com.

:(
Mods please edit/delete first post, I'm no longer able to. I've cancelled the listings elsewhere as well.

Have fun everyone, hope to see you next year
psysun

Postby gyre » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:03 am

Next year.
gyre

Return to 2012 Tickets Offered