Radiant Barrier Foil to Tarp Adhesion!

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Re: Radiant Barrier Foil to Tarp Adhesion!

Postby ApolloPan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:59 am

Trishntek wrote:Are you referring to the bubble-wrap stuff with foil on each side? I have not tried the application your propose, but I am planning to sandwich it between two tarps. This is for another non-playa project which won't be complete until after TTITD. I'm trying to close in a patio and use this material for a sound barrier.

I am currently in the process of insulating my garage roof with it in the four foot rolls. That requires a staple every 6 inches. It is easy to work with in that controlled environment.

I have some experience with using the poofy foil for sound deadening- not much better than a blanket. Expansion gap-filler foam will work- my art car is covered in it, and it does amplify the internal speakers while cutting outside noise, but you'd need quite a lot of it. Unless you angle the materials to mimic an egg carton, which maybe able to disrupt sound waves more effectively. Good luck & let me know how it works out- have a household sound deadening project I haven't started yet myself!
ApolloPan

Postby AzJames » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:04 am

I'm testing gluing space blanket material to a tarp right now (not going to burning man this year :cry: ). I'm putting the space blanket on the outside of the tarp to reflect the heat, then I'll use an inner wall to help funnel the heat that does get through out the top of the dome. I've had some good results so far using loctite professional performance spray adhesive. I've set up a test area in the back yard, I'll post pictures in a few days.
AzJames

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:38 am

I don't know that loctite is all that flexible.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby gyre » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:34 pm

There is a slew of loctite versions now.
gyre

Previous

Return to Shelter & Camping