Don’t have a camp site?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Re: Don’t have a camp site?

Postby Runs; With Scissors » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:52 am

A Great Big Tent - If you can bring it, and it's no difference to you space wise, that would be lovely. Perhaps we could use it as a more private social space, with room for dressing and a mirror? I'm sure there will be lots of fun ideas on ways to repurpose it.

Kitchen gear! Woooot!

I will counter your plastic bags with duct tape gallore!

Does anyone have any camp chairs? We're missing that for our social space. Minimalism is cool and all, but.... Ooh, lights too!? Those pillows will be nice in there.

About lights - do we actually have a generator? If we have power available, I can bring string LED Christmas lights, but could we please verify that?

Locations: I like 8:30 and anything. I have frends in a theme camp at 9:45 and G - pushing to meet up at D might be a bit rough for us to get a space. Could we find a map of already allocated spaces? I know a lot of people with early entry. Perhaps I could reach one of them today before they cross into the deeps and get them to put down a flag for us, but we need to know where...

How do we find each other? Hmm. I put the yurt down because the copper roof is unique, I drive a Honda Element. I am Kay Briggs of Castro Valley on Facebook, or Runs-With-Scissors (the dashes are vital) on Fetlife. There's lotsa pictures of me on those. So far as I know, I am the only person who regularly dances with a skirt of bananas, and I plan to wear a white ballerina dress, knee pads and combat boots the first day. I am a fake red head, pale and tall.
Runs; With Scissors

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: love potion

Postby Runs; With Scissors » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:06 am

Duct Tape: I can do better. I see your bags with my duct tape and raise you by glue and a staple gun. Perhaps I will acquire some zip ties. In fact, I am going to go out on a limb and self declare as the Camp Master of Adhesion. (CMA)

P.S. My name is CMA Jessica, or Jess. Never Jessie.

CMA
Runs; With Scissors

Postby MikeCrozier » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:07 am

I would love to be apart of this...let me know if we can work something out!

Cheers,

Mike
MikeCrozier

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Drmilamores » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:03 pm

Yes!!! This is coming alive... The more shade the better! We have a few easy ups, one burner with propane tank, generator, 2 large ice chest coolers, generator, large rug, 125 gallon water tank, music set up, 2 kegs with coil system, more booze, a few tents... This is going to be amazing!!!
Drmilamores

Postby Runs; With Scissors » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:31 pm

Went to the store,

Bought a table.
Bought a lantern.

Noted about the generator. I'll bring Christmas lights.

We have a table and a lantern.

This is looking very good. I'm proud, we are clearly among other master procrastinators.

Mke: The answer is always the same: the more the merry, get on board!

Toodles.

CMA
Runs; With Scissors

Postby Runs; With Scissors » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:36 pm

If I made a Google Docs-a-ma-gigger to get all of our information and plans, would people use it?
Runs; With Scissors

Postby Farsight » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:32 pm

I'm in! I'm a good help at setting up camps and building simple structures. I plan to arrive Sunday night.
Farsight

Burning Since: 2010

Postby Johnny D » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:37 pm

So far we have an 8:30 and D note on a pole. I guess if you find a better place then can you please put a note then we are still insync

RE:
I will suggest that we leave a map on a pole at 8:30 and D with the location marked. Who ever gets in that area 1st should go to this location park on the road find an open spot ask everyone nearby to make sure its not reserved theme camp (look at the map you get on entry). Then take an extra map at the gate and mark the spot you found with enough areas for a few structures and 10 tents and put it on pole 8:30 and D in some envelope you can mark real big "Drmilamores" who started the thread and tape it there in a ziplock bag. Also give a description of what to be looking for "BIG RED TEND NEAR RV THAT SAYS "XXX" ect" and who we are asking for....!

That way anyone who is arriving could look for the note there and whoever is first tell the rest where to go. Its pretty close to where we might land. Lets talk now if that is a bad pole lol... Id like to know soon. Then same thing who ever is 1st... Start the note its like our camp treasure map..

John
Johnny D

Postby Gorgeous Orifice » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi all,

Glad to be apart of this. My friend and I will be bringing a 12x12 pop up canopy, a good sized cooler, a personal stove, and whatever other useful utilities we can find and fit in my car. I will be sharing what I can in terms of food and supplies. We'll be arriving on Monday, though we don't know when.

Also, I think we should come up with a temporary camp name for now on the off chance that we need it. There could be more than one map on the pole or the map might get blown away, and such. With a name we could at least ask around and know for sure.

Cheers. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
Jordan
Gorgeous Orifice

Burning Since: 2010

Postby Drmilamores » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:15 am

hey guys! the time is here…ok so we are leaving a note on on 8:30 and D. I’m also leaving some info at the information booth of where to find us. i will post under the name windmill burners and another note with the drmilamores, in case you forget one name. if you want my number you can inbox me and i can do a group text so we can all communicate. 3 of us are leaving from Palm Springs later today, if you can’t fit something in your car we can probably fit it on our trailer. this is going to be amazing… feeling the great vibes!!!

Things we are taking: 2 large white coolers, 3 easy ups, generator, large rug, 125 gallon water tank. 2 tables, music system and dj sausage fingers (bebowear) bike bump, one burner with propane, keg coil system, extra tents, and more i just can’t remember.
Drmilamores

Postby Runs; With Scissors » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:18 am

The things we have left, off the top of my head are these, if you can think of more, write them down:

A shower - I'm trying to work with Dr.Milamores on a potential strategy for this...
Trash Burn Pit
A Defined Kitchen - Juggle Nauts, you started this, do you need some help, can you do more? We have a lot of single burners, it sounds like. Lotsa coolers too.
A sign / flag, things that identify us as "us"

If people have the bandwidth, would anyone be willing to try and pull some of these together?

More fun stuff that would be swell, if people are looking for things to contribute with, but the above sound menacing:
Fantasic LIghting (I only found a few Christmas LED strings, bought a lantern.)
Communal Meal!!! (better than the party below.)
Communal Party!
Runs; With Scissors

Postby gyre » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:51 am

Try to put a sign near the street if you want to be found.
Remember the wind.

Be sure to post at playa info on the computer and board.
gyre

Postby Johnny D » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:16 pm

About to head to the Playa. I will look at the pole for a note. If I am there 1st
I will leave the note 8:30 and D. I’m also leaving some info at the information booth of where to find us. i will post under the name windmill burners and another note with the drmilamores on it

I might also put Johnny d on it so a friend can find me. We should together have allot of supplies.

See you there
Johnny D

Postby Johnny D » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:18 pm

I will also make a sign " windmill burners"

To mark from the street. See you all soon!
Johnny D

Postby Johnny D » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:19 pm

I will also make a sign " windmill burners"

To mark from the street. See you all soon!
Johnny D

Postby revoluted » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:00 am

I'm also looking for a campsite. I have friends who are stationed at a few theme camps that are full. I just decided last second to go to bman and just got my ticket so I don't have a spot to crash planned out. I am coming up from SF most likely Tuesday (but possibly Weds) and will be sleeping/staying in the minivan I'm bringing. I have a bunch of supplies of all kinds to share, and ideally would be near the 9 o'clock quadrant of BRC because that is where most of my friends camps are. I am male, 30 years old, friendly, and have been to BM once before in 2009. If you folks wouldn't mind 1 more at your site, let me know and I'll come find that posted message!
Thanks!
Neal
revoluted

Burning Since: 2009

Postby BreakAes » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi everybody,

I created a 4shared account so those from our camp can share pictures. Send me an email for the credentials.

Good to meet you all!
BreakAes

Postby Trashbag » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Hey folks, so glad I got to burn with ya'll. As much as I hate facebook, I'd like to keep in touch with everyone and that seems like a good way of doing so. I have my privacy settings set super strict so you may not find me but you can try facebook.com/aricsebastian or just email me at bujurasta2[at]gmail.com Maybe we can all share email addresses/facebook pages?

Happy burn!
Trashbag

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Runs; With Scissors » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:21 pm

Likewiise! I was so proud of us, even if I did end up leaving early. I'd like to stay in touch with everyone, and perhaps share camps in future years. Give me a ring if any of you are ion the bay area too!

My facebook is Kay Briggs, http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/kay.briggs.50

My email I'll share in private posts.
Runs; With Scissors

Previous

Return to Shelter & Camping