Thanks for making my day

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Thanks for making my day

Postby emmawonder » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Just found out yesterday that due to a family emergency my partner and I wouldn't be able to go this year. I was totally devastated and the worst part came today when I had to put the tickets up for sale. A guy showed up at my door to buy the $240 tickets at face value and before I could say anything he gave me a big hug and sincerely said he was sorry I couldn't go. He gave me the money and without even a look from me added fifty bucks on top, just because I was being nice enough to sell them at face value which is what he could afford. He said thanks again and then said he looked forward to seeing me next year. Small thing, but it really turned this from being a terrible day to being a pretty damn good one.

If you are still looking for tickets, they are out there. And if you, like me, find your plans changing for the worst, sell them for as low as you can afford or give them to someone who will appreciate it. It's great to know someone out there is really going to make the most of their experience if you open enough to let them. See you all next year.
emmawonder

Burning Since: 2010

Re: Thanks for making my day

Postby BirthChazz » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:57 pm

Very sorry you cannot go, but what a beautiful moment between strangers.
“How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.” George Washington Carver
BirthChazz

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Valhalla

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion