The Official 2012 Rockstar Librarian Music Guide

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.

Re: The Official 2012 Rockstar Librarian Music Guide

Postby alex_ » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:17 am

mackerous wrote:Burns don't tend to provide for my musical tastes either. I can stand much electronic music now, but it doesn't make me want to dance unless if a very specific music and even then it's only for about 3 minutes. While I'm not sure if there's much metal on the playa, I do know there is punk on the playa. Voted Best Camp is made up of a bunch of punks from Reno. In 2010 they had a Super Nintendo, skate ramp, playa cups with big black dicks one them, and lots of whiskey. This schedule says bands the Vampirates and Voted Best Band are playing Monday at midnight (whether that means Sunday night/Monday morning or Monday night/Tuesday morning, I'm not sure). They try to camp as far away from everyone as possible. 2 years back they were at 2 & L.

I remember riding past them 2 years ago hahaha
alex_

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: This one place on the esplanade

Postby RedHeaven » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:57 pm

We have a bunch of super fun live musicians at Cirque Du Cliche and a live music dome. Our annual Super jam is Friday night. Everything from afro funk to chick metal ala Runaways :mrgreen:
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche

Postby RedHeaven » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Wrath wrote:
mackerous wrote:I do know there is punk on the playa.

Fucking SWEET!!!

\
If you want to punk out at any old given time, Ive gone and Thunderdomed it just to get my Social Distortion on !!
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche

Postby Jordan 10-E » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Hey guys, especially camps with DJ's. Hi, My name is Jordan aka 10E. My name is not in the Rockstar Guide this year as I really slacked on hitting up camps to play and providing mixes. However, I have been listed a few times in the past years, primarily at BassCamp/Temple of Boom, which I have DJ'd on three times.. I also ran a small sound camp for 7 years called Camp Euphoria. Anyway, I'd really like to find a hidden slot somewhere at any camps, daytime, evenings, early mornings (my specialty), anytime really. This will be my 11th year at Burning Man and I have been DJing for over 15. If you think you might have an opening for me let me know please. I know this post comes very late in the game.

Here is a mix I just recorded a couple nights ago. It is a rework of the set I performed during the final burn ceremony at our Regional Utah event, Element 11 this year. Download it and listen to it on your way to the Burn.

http://soundcloud.com/10e/elemental-bridge-burn-mix

Peace, 10E
jordan10e@hotmail.com
801-548-9357 (c)
Also can be found at Playa Info under Jordan Tenney (10E)
I will be located at Camp Dust near 2:30 and C'ish.
10E
Jordan 10-E

Burning Since: 2002

Previous

Return to 2012 Art & Performance