Ticket hasn't arrived, support hasn't responded... terrified

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Ticket hasn't arrived, support hasn't responded... terrified

Postby Toro » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:57 am

So I kinda feel high and dry here (and not in the lovely, I'm-on-the-playa sort of way).

I got two tickets and I got the shipping confirmation way back on July 19. The tracking info has nothing on them since they left LA on the 22nd, and I've checked my post office and everything - no tickets.

I submitted a support request weeks ago and no response. I'm currently in California and arriving back in Calgary on the 25th, and then leaving for the Playa the morning of the 26th, so I can't exactly hang around to get them anymore.

Terrified that we might be leaving for the playa with no tickets.... I know they say to print off all correspondence etc. and perhaps buy the $500 tickets at will call, but does this actually work? Has anybody ever done it?

Thanks for any insight...

- Toro
Toro

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Synesthesia

Re: Ticket hasn't arrived, support hasn't responded... terri

Postby oaklandfunk » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:04 am

What do you mean they left LA? Did you buy them from burning man or a private seller? If its private seller, you might have gotten ripped off. Tickets at the gate are not a wonderful option becuase you can't know if they have run out or not. My advice would be to call the burning man office like crazy and if not, to go purchase new tickets from a private seller (they have dipped far below face value on craigs list) and then attempt to get your refund after the event. that is if you havent been riped off already. In that case, i'd just buy new ones and enjoy the good burn after you experienced the bad one.
oaklandfunk

Postby Bounce530 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:07 am

What's all this tickets at the gate stuff?
There are no tickets sales at the gate.
(unless you're talking about some guy standing out by the gate with a cardboard sign selling tickets)
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby some seeing eye » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:22 am

Telephone the shipping company - USPS, Fedex etc. and calibrate your expectations for how their system works. They may not make an entry every day in the tracking log for items in transit.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion
some seeing eye

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby Toro » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:48 am

No, no... I bought them from Burning Man. The tracking information says they left LA on the 22nd and hasn't updated since.

If you look at the Ticket FAQ and go to the 'My ticket hasn't arrived yet' drop down, they briefly discuss an option to buy $500 tickets at will call and have the issue resolved after.
Toro

Postby some seeing eye » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:53 am

I was reading that as August 22nd. I think you have to follow the 500 option, or purchase locally and pursue a refund later. You might notify BM that the tickets never arrived and should be canceled. There are threads on here on how to do that. Not sure at this late date they are monitoring that email.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion
some seeing eye

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby pink » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:57 am

I hope you brought all your confirm info with you.

Did you try to resolve this at all earlier than this? And Use email to partiserv@burningman.com? At this point nearly everyone e involved with the org is on playa. And has been for the last week. You may want to check the email address, I'm typing from memory.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby Toro » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:00 am

I submitted the online support request ticket weeks ago.
Toro

Postby MacGlenver » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:17 am

I'd go with buying one of the local tickets for $200 rather than buying them for $500 at the gate. I've never tried the refund process, but I would expect that they can confirm that your original tickets were never used, which should help you to get a refund. Either way, I wouldnt miss the burn for $200 extra on some last minute tickets.
"just two indecisive cowboys, trying to play a word game." - piehole
"Just apply intelligence and discretion and you should be able to get away with just about anything." - Ugly Dougly
MacGlenver

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: I call this one 'Old Gregg'

Postby Toro » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Fear level rising :cry:
Toro

Postby wh..sh » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Toro wrote:No, no... I bought them from Burning Man. The tracking information says they left LA on the 22nd and hasn't updated since.

This happened to me. My tracking number did not have any updates for couple of weeks. When I mailed BM ticket support, they mailed me a new tracking number.
The old one was apparently wrong.
Maybe you missed picking up the ticket (assuming your tracking number was also wrong) and tickets went back to BM. In any case, ticket support are the only people who can help.

Sure, you can buy two tickets now for cheaper and deal with getting refund on your tickets later when you can get hold of ticket support.
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby Bounce530 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:51 pm

:oops:
Ok, I stand corrected. I didn't know about the $500 dealio.
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby Machina » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:13 pm

You're in Canada, right? I was in the same boat. No tracking number & no tix.

My tickets (to Edmonton) took about four weeks to arrive. I tried contacting Canada Post (both the support number and my local branch) but they won't do ANYTHING for you without a tracking number.

Turns out the tickets were mailed Priority and not Express or Global as stated in the original purchase email (Priority is one of the slowest options, to Canada). Priority mail tracking only tells you when the tix leave the States and when they are delivered--that's it! Oh, and there is NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED with Priority so they could have been delivered to or picked up by anyone.

Are you in a shared or apartment building? If so, there is a chance they're in the wrong box. My building is terrible and I suspect my landlady had my tix for several days.
Machina

Burning Since: 2010

Postby Toro » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:05 am

Update for anybody emotionally invested (hah):

I got a call last night from the subsidiary ticketing company that helps with Burning Man (?). Basically, if you call the ticketing line (415-TO-FLAME) and listen to their 'out of office' message, they drop another phone number that you can call, which I did. That phone number basically gives you an answering machine saying 'Say what event your talking about, what dates, and what your issue is, and we'll get back to you'. So, grasping at straws, I left a message explaining my situation.

They called back last night and said 'Hi, you're tickets are going to be at will call'. I was like "Uh... okay!!?". Click.

So yeah... guess my tickets were lost in the mail and are at will call now. :D
Toro

Postby JovReef » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:07 am

Yay! glad to hear.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. - Sir Winston Churchill
JovReef

Camp Name: Coon and Friends

Postby MacGlenver » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:10 am

Woot! Congrats!
"just two indecisive cowboys, trying to play a word game." - piehole
"Just apply intelligence and discretion and you should be able to get away with just about anything." - Ugly Dougly
MacGlenver

Camp Name: I call this one 'Old Gregg'

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion