3 Burners Need RV to Stay In

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

3 Burners Need RV to Stay In

Postby donnydip » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Hey fellow burners! I, my wife, Cynthia, and best friend, Lorenzo, have a minivan that we are driving up to BM with , but we were going to stay in someone's RV and we were going to pay him #300 each ($900 total) and as of yesterday, he backed out and now we do not have an RV to stay in at BM (we can't do the tent thing. We've tried, but just can't because of the cold) So now, unless we find another RV to stay in, we will not be going to Burning Man this year, which would suck majorly, since we've been preparing to go and have so excited and psyched. We are three fun and advernturous burners who are also superclean and easy to get along with. If you have space in your RV for 3 awesome burners from Wednesday, August 29 to Sunday, September 2nd at Black Rock City, please call me at 818-915-9944 ASAP, as time is running out! We can definintely pay you and we can offer our awesome cooking skills, musicianship and genuine fellowship on the playa. Thanks!
donnydip

Re: 3 Burners Need RV to Stay In

Postby dragonpilot » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:11 pm

donnydip wrote: We've tried, but just can't because of the cold)

Cold? What are you calling cold? Sure, it cools off at night...maybe hovers in the mid-50s...and has been known to dip lower (which isn't looking likely this year), but c'mon...just pile on the warm coats/hats/gloves and extra blankets...don't let a little chilliness ruin your trip. Once you're there get around and talk to the RVers...one year we took someone in because her ride up and left on Tuesday...but that was an extreme situation.

It may be possible to score an RV share, but at this late date...I'd plan on more coats and blankets...and GO!
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Re: 3 Burners Need RV to Stay In

Postby jkisha » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:12 pm

Build a yurt. Buy a propane heater if you're worried about the cold. And you can air condition it during the day if you're worried about the heat. You can do all of that for about the same bucks as you are paying for RV accommodations, which the odds are pretty slim of getting at this late notice.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Return to 2012 Share Resources