2nd Year Burner/former SP seeks similar 2 share fab tent/RV

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

2nd Year Burner/former SP seeks similar 2 share fab tent/RV

Postby SparkleUnicorn » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:15 am

To clarify, because title may be misleading due to space limitations:

-I can get a lovely tent, and would like to meet another Sparkle Unicorn (you've evolved from Pony, so you know about the importance of bringing nutritious food, large totes of water, goggles etc) who'd like to share it with me.

OR

-I'd like to join an RV or camp. I can contribute cash and supplies.

In addition to my own food, I plan on bringing a bunch of unripe avocados and making guacamole to serve with chips, around day 3, when they will be ripe, from the back of my modified trike, in my cherry-spangled cook's mini-apron. Maybe also tea and cookies, but this depends on whether there will be a way to boil water. Other suggestions welcome too.
SparkleUnicorn

Burning Since: 2011

Re: 2nd Year Burner/former SP seeks similar 2 share fab tent

Postby Gunslinger » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:32 pm

hey SU,
I'm interested in camping next to you, (rather not share tent quarters incase you're an eccentric psycho that doesn't jive with my mad science-ness). I have all my own gear, (including nutritious food) have done this before- maybe we could start our own 2 person orphan theme camp. I like you because you have a modded trike and avacados. I have a modded trike and salsa. Together, perhaps we could save BRC from becoming a wasteland dust bowl, or... at least we could be camp buddies.
Gunslinger

Postby grok » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:55 pm

I may be interested in joining an orphan theme camp. I'm a returning burner, into nutritious & real food (Paleo in fact), and I have some gear to boil water too.
grok

Burning Since: 2010

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:23 pm

seriously right? can't believe this hasn't been done yet (well, that I've heard of anyway) --- all of the theme camps I've applied to last month have been full (they were polite) or haven't responded back. I've heard about a couple that might take on orphans, but an actual orphan camp where a bunch of lone radically self reliant people meeting up in one place sounds pretty cool. (-waiting for some smart ass to chime in and say "Yeah, that's enitre BRC / Burning Man"
Gunslinger

Postby pink » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Nah, but Orphan Camp is now up to Orphan IV, and there have been a few threads by singles looking to start one. One was for Lonesome Camp. You could look at those or start another. You guys sound like the beginning of a camp- how do you think a lot of camps get started?

Avocado Camp! so you gonna serve that guac from the trikes? I love me some good guac!
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby SparkleUnicorn » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:53 am

Okay, so should we try to have a communal shade structure, shower tent, kitchen and do other campish things? Or just camp in the same area? And if the latter, why?

GS, is your salsa the kind you buy at the supermarket, or Playa-made? Asking cause the latter would imply possibility of bringing/prepping other things too, which I might be interested in doing.

grok, your name worries me. It makes me think of trolls. But I do want your boiled water, and if you provide that, I'll bring tea and cookies and thermoses (-mi) so we can serve warming yummies at night and dawn.

Pink, my guac will be served off the trike, and sometimes ON it. I'm going to be a chips-and-guac trixy service!

PS. I am coming from Los Angeles, and prob leaving Sunday. What about everybody else?
SparkleUnicorn

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:10 am

Having trouble sourcing boiling water? Fear not! YOU.. yes YOU.. can boil water and be self sufficient! Imagine.. the side benefits of also being able to cook FOR YOURSELF.. :shock:

+

+

=

Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:33 am

Go for shade. That's the one "must have." Don't get so complicated that you have to have an evap pond. The rest--just see what people are bringing and try and put it all together...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby MacGlenver » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:11 am

junglesmacks wrote:Having trouble sourcing boiling water? Fear not! YOU.. yes YOU.. can boil water and be self sufficient! Imagine.. the side benefits of also being able to cook FOR YOURSELF.. :shock:

LOL
"just two indecisive cowboys, trying to play a word game." - piehole
"Just apply intelligence and discretion and you should be able to get away with just about anything." - Ugly Dougly
MacGlenver

Camp Name: I call this one 'Old Gregg'

Postby SparkleUnicorn » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Junglesmacks, I have a hunch that few things in life give you more satisfaction or make you feel better about yourself than trolling the forums for "newbies" to bash.

1. I know how to boil water :shock: :shock: :shock:
2. I don't need it to "cook for myself". I'm all set on meals (yummy, natural and nutritious). I want it to serve as tea for others. Ergo, this boiled water is not an essential item, the absence of which would make me less self-sufficient.
3. Because I am going to be self-sufficient this year, I'm bringing a fair amount of items. I don't have room to bring everything I would need to boil enough water for the stated purpose.
4. Even more importantly, I plan to spend only a certain amount of time dealing with cookery, and more time prancing the playa. I DON'T WANT to make the tea by myself. I want to COLLABORATE, by bringing the tea leaves/bags, honey to sweeten it, the containers to keep it warm and transport it, a vehicle (ok, modded tricycle) from which to dispense it, and a hot ass for you to stare at while you drink your hotdamned tea. I want somebody else to boil the water. It's more than fair, and it's the opposite of what you're trying to imply. I'm a SMART pony.
SparkleUnicorn

Postby grok » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:02 am

Pink - I kinda like avocado camp, sounds better to me than a plain orphan camp

SU - Grok is my caveman name, comes from the Paleo diet and lifestyle. I got your boiled water.

communal shade - I could bring two 10x10 ez-ups and a few tarps, but they'll need to be anchored (rebar?) to the Playa or our cars. Anyone have anything bigger??

shower - I've got a cheapy coleman shower tent. People would need to bring more solar water bags and water. The shower is flimsy so we need to support the water bags on something. And we need to figure out the grey water disposal...

kitchen - not sure about how to put this together. any ideas?

bonus - electricity! - I've got a 2000 watt inverter for AC power and a battery. Hoping to pick up a solar panel to keep it charged.

travel plans - I'm coming from Orange County, prob leave on Sunday evening for an early Monday morning arrival. Oh, and I currently have one extra ticket at a good price if anyone knows someone that wants to go last minute (I posted on the ticket board).

any suggestions for a good camp location? is around 3:30 and B/C/D area sound good?
possible camp loc.jpg
grok

Postby SparkleUnicorn » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:30 am

Camp Orphavocado? Hot Orphans? Whorphans? I digress...

grok, that sounds great! I actually have a solar shower bag. We can hang it on some kind of pole or wooden scaffolding inside the shower tent.
I'm sending you a PM- let's meet and coordinate?
SparkleUnicorn

Postby grok » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:07 pm

Sorry SU, PM isn't working this evening. I sent you an email via the eplaya system instead. Please call anytime.
grok

Postby pink » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:44 pm

You guys rock!

Sparkleunicorn, you are definitely not an SP anymore. If you all are over 21, stop by Retrofrolic and have a drink or just say hi!
pink

Postby grok » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:32 pm

Thanks Pink! I'll definetly stop by for a drink!

If anyone else is interested in joining our (currently) unnamed camp, please look for us some where around the red X in my previous post with the map.

See you on the Playa!!
grok

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:38 am

Sorry Sparkle & others, I was caught up with a downed internet up until I left Friday night and couldn't get back to any of ya. Did you find a good camp? Did you make one? I hope all turned out well for you! I camped with Samba Stilt Circus and was glad that I brought a full shower set-up and evap pond as the camp didn't have one.

BOTH kinds of salsa -- I don't make my own Verde.

Junglesmacks, wtf was up with you not saying 'Hi' to me as I tried to compliment your LED suit at Root Society. Not even a dusty hug brother? Next time I'm shooting your ass with my rough-rider cap-guns :mrgreen:
Gunslinger

Postby pink » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:31 am

Wondering how it all turned out for you guys.
pink

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:22 am

Gunslinger wrote:Junglesmacks, wtf was up with you not saying 'Hi' to me as I tried to compliment your LED suit at Root Society. Not even a dusty hug brother? Next time I'm shooting your ass with my rough-rider cap-guns :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't know! Were you the one that told the girl to "Tell Junglesmacks that his suit kicks ass.." at RS? I also may or may not have been a little "out of it" that night.. and for some reason when I'm under certain influences, I get quiet and not too interactive.. nothing personal.. :D
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Return to 2012 Share Resources