Hookah Trouble?

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Hookah Trouble?

Postby VultureChow » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:58 am

And now I'm paranoid. I shipped out my little travel hookah which has never touched anything but tobacco. Is that likely to draw a negative response from the LEO's there? I'll just keep it packed up if so, but It's a nice addition to lounging around in the heat of the day.

Anyone have any experience with it? I don't want to bring trouble to my village.
FREE THE STRIPPERS!
VultureChow

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Hooker @ Barbie Death Village

Re: Hookah Trouble?

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:59 am

As long as you have regular tobacco rather than "wacky tobaccy" you should be fine.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby VultureChow » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:02 am

Thanks doc. I'm flying out, so no contraband at all. I also travel with this sucker, so am particularly sensitive about it. Nothing but tobacco is allowed to touch it. I just didn't want to get us all in trouble.
FREE THE STRIPPERS!
VultureChow

Postby Dork » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:15 pm

I had a campmate who used his full size hookah pretty much every day and left it out when not using it. Nobody gave it a second look.

I think they go more on smell, so don't have it out when there is a strong pot smell in the air AND you have something illegal in your camp. A LEO might smell the pot and see your hookah while attempting to locate the source. Or just don't leave anything illegal lying around your camp...
Dork

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:18 pm

Mmmmm.... hookah!! I'll bring the tobaccy!
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby VultureChow » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:31 pm

Dork wrote:I had a campmate who used his full size hookah pretty much every day and left it out when not using it. Nobody gave it a second look.

I think they go more on smell, so don't have it out when there is a strong pot smell in the air AND you have something illegal in your camp. A LEO might smell the pot and see your hookah while attempting to locate the source. Or just don't leave anything illegal lying around your camp...

That's been my experience in general. I always have melon or apple going, and I think most cops are so used to them by now at least near me, that it's not an issue. I just didn't want to get my camp in trouble, but it sounds like I have the ok from our fearless leader.

It's a cute little thing. Hard carrying case, two hoses with valves so you don't have to hold your thumb over the tip.

Just have to stop off in Reno to pick up the coals.
FREE THE STRIPPERS!
VultureChow

Postby FIGJAM » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Is hookah lounge coming this year?
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby HookahGod » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Don't worry about the hookah, as long as it stays full of tobacco. I have a small hookah camp, never had even a question from LEO's.
I think Hookah Camp is back, but come out to 4:00 and H for a more intimate feel at Bedouin Tea Lounge! Homemade Shisha, homemade hookahs, and homemade hookah tables.
If I get my shit together early this year (not likely) I'll even bring hookah making supplies out to the Playa.
2012 - Bedouin Tea Lounge 4:00 and H
2011 - Janky as Fuck
2010 - Virgin
HookahGod

Postby 9ah » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:30 am

HookahGod wrote:Don't worry about the hookah, as long as it stays full of tobacco. I have a small hookah camp, never had even a question from LEO's.
I think Hookah Camp is back, but come out to 4:00 and H for a more intimate feel at Bedouin Tea Lounge! Homemade Shisha, homemade hookahs, and homemade hookah tables.
If I get my shit together early this year (not likely) I'll even bring hookah making supplies out to the Playa.

Hope you guys are back in 2013. I'll have to add it to my map. =]
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
9ah

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks