We're bringing Ice Cream from the future to the playa!

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

We're bringing Ice Cream from the future to the playa!

Postby lovethelife » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:43 am

http://www.indiegogo.com/freezerburn?c=home&a=1082118

Our goal is to gift cold frosty treats, to hot dusty burners, often when they least expect it.

We are a group of veteran and virgin burners from California and beyond. (Video being uploaded)

It all started with a dream last year to bring liquid nitrogen (LN2) to the desert to gift ice cream for the citizens of Black Rock City.

Getting giant cryogenic tanks to Burning Man is no easy task, making ice cream with the nitrogen by hand is also not easy in the desert. Alas, we were unable to make it happen last year. We did provide tea and naan bread to many happy people from an air conditioned dome at Camp Noonaantea.

We spent the year researching and planning and finally have the equipment and experience to make it a reality! We are bringing 260 liters of nitrogen and a variety of bases like coconut milk, fresh fruit juices, and alcohol (21+ only!)

If you are able to donate it will help cover the cost of the nitrogen, ingredients, and trailer needed to get the tanks up to BRC.
lovethelife

Re: We're bringing Ice Cream from the future to the playa!

Postby mackerous » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:31 am

Amazing! Just donated. Where will you all be camping?
mackerous

Postby Lonesomebri » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:27 am

Yes, I will be eating ice cream on the playa, in the future, and for my fiends, bring a spoon; to my enemies, your envy is all I need.
Lonesomebri

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Camp Threat

Postby Eden Muse » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:34 pm

i Definitely want some ice cream on the playa - i have lil gifts ^_^ where while this future icecream be?
Eden Muse

Return to 2012 Theme Camps