How to make a collaborative story wall (suggestions welcome)

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

How to make a collaborative story wall (suggestions welcome)

Postby hess » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi lovely playa people. My art project, http://www.300dayweekend.com is a collection of short stories about backpacking/traveling abroad. The best part is that all the stories will be written by YOU, at the playa.

I was planning on having clipboards where people could write stories, and people could post the stories up with glue on a 10'x10' tent, for others to read and be inspired by.

After talking with playa veterans, they are very worried about moop from the paper flying away, and also worried about the glue melting in the heat. I am open for suggestions on how to implement my project in a way that is playa-friendly.

Thanks
hess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Mystical Misfits

Re: How to make a collaborative story wall (suggestions welc

Postby some seeing eye » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:34 pm

If you get the display area out of the wind, you will be fine. A staple gun is easy to nail it to sheet ply or composite board. The wind problem is when wind gets under edges of a wind catching material. Use cardstock thickness with staples around and you will be fine.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion
some seeing eye

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Return to Shelter & Camping