Where do I camp?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Re: looking for a cool theme camp to camp

Postby kellyinor » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:27 pm

maddamn8ball wrote:
markquest wrote:I am attending the BM for the first time. I would like to join a really cool theme camp. I have a 40ft Motor Home so self contained. Can anyone help me out??

Hello. I am attending BM for the first time as well. I have a huge tent and all the necessities I need to be self-sufficient, but if you want to join up and start our own "Unofficial" Camp. Let me know!
kellyinor

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: no

Re: Where do I camp?

Postby CrispyDave » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:24 pm

usurpedus wrote:can someone confirm location of sun as it rises, crosses over the sky, and sets, from the perspective of brc..

trying to get a sense of how I should position my shade for maximum efficiency..

thanks!

East, Up then Down, West...
Plan for the worst, expect the best.
Make the most out of it under any conditions.
If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself.
CrispyDave

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Temple Guardians

Postby seantildawn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:59 am

[quote="usurpedus"]can someone confirm location of sun as it rises, crosses over the sky, and sets, from the perspective of brc..

trying to get a sense of how I should position my shade for maximum efficiency..

thanks![/quote]

http://www.burningman.com/preparation/m ... 063012.jpg

This may help. Note North arrow.
seantildawn

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Mosquitopilate » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:17 pm

I have a 2 questions about camping, when I came in 2001 I came early first day, ok add 11 years later and about 30,000 more people. I will not arrive until 2nd day...does the bulk of the people come in the first day ? when I come on day 2 will there still be spots or will I have to camp in the walk in spots? I am by my self (1 Car 1 Tent 8x7) :?:
Twitter - @BurnPlayaMan E-Mail - Mosquitopilate@yahoo.com Image
Thanks to all that made BM 2012 great. You people are the best on planet earth )'( )'( )'(
Mosquitopilate

Burning Since: 2001

Postby shykat » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Mosquitopilate wrote:I have a 2 questions about camping, when I came in 2001 I came early first day, ok add 11 years later and about 30,000 more people. I will not arrive until 2nd day...does the bulk of the people come in the first day ? when I come on day 2 will there still be spots or will I have to camp in the walk in spots? I am by my self (1 Car 1 Tent 8x7) :?:

There will be plenty of spots on till weds/thursday and they will add streets too, dont worry.
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to ...Jimi Hendrix
shykat

Postby Mosquitopilate » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:24 pm

thank you, Never went alone before so I just want to know what to expect this year since the growth of BM :D
Twitter - @BurnPlayaMan E-Mail - Mosquitopilate@yahoo.com Image
Thanks to all that made BM 2012 great. You people are the best on planet earth )'( )'( )'(
Mosquitopilate

Burning Since: 2001

Postby Canoe » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Go look at any of the satellite photos. Tons of room. You can even see the typically sparsely populated spots.
*** http://www.burningman.com/preparation/ ***
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.
“Dear subscriber, you are registered as a participant in a mass disturbance.”
Canoe

Postby ShreddinPB » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:27 pm

So, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west..
Which way does the wind blow?

normally I would think its kinda random, but everyone is saying to park your car so its a wind blocker, so that makes me think it always blows the same direction.
ShreddinPB

Postby skippy3k » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:31 pm

Set up your camp, then park four cars around each side of you and you should be good to go.

If you are only driving a single car (which is soooo 1997), then the wind generally blows from the south-southwest. And sometimes from the north. A few times from the east.

In others words....it can blow in any direction but generally from the south. Maybe.
I'm a fixer. I fix things.
skippy3k

Burning Since: 2009

Postby ShreddinPB » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:47 pm

skippy3k wrote:Set up your camp, then park four cars around each side of you and you should be good to go.

If you are only driving a single car (which is soooo 1997), then the wind generally blows from the south-southwest. And sometimes from the north. A few times from the east.

In others words....it can blow in any direction but generally from the south. Maybe.

Hahaha I figured as much.. we have a suv with a enclosed trailer, so we can park it 90 degrees and block two directions at least
im going with south and west!
ShreddinPB

Postby CrispyDave » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:18 pm

ShreddinPB wrote:So, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west..
Which way does the wind blow?

normally I would think its kinda random, but everyone is saying to park your car so its a wind blocker, so that makes me think it always blows the same direction.

The WINO blows every way....
Plan for the worst, expect the best.
Make the most out of it under any conditions.
If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself.
CrispyDave

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Temple Guardians

Postby FIGJAM » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:20 pm

Be ready to move into the inclosed trailer. 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Previous

Return to Shelter & Camping