Ticket Fiasco Kitty Litter

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Ticket Fiasco Kitty Litter

Postby nocturnal_steve » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 pm

I am buying all extra Burning Man tickets will pay $1.00 each. the first 100 tickets will be placed in
The Temple to burn & commemorate the Great Ticket Fiasco of 2012. The rest will be shredded re-used,
recycled as kitty litter.

Seriously folks, there are some interesting lessons to be learned from the Fiasco although I have not yet wrapped my head around
it all. Something to do with fear, greed, panic and patience . Perhaps this was a grand social experiment orchestrated by the
almighty BORG.... nah not really. One thing they WERE right about ... looks anyone who wanted a ticket at face/fair price is getting one;
but it's not all that simple... faced with uncertainty many long time Burners, contributors, theme camps, peeps considering going for the first time
gave up early on. Things were certainly shook up, shaken out this year .....
When I die I don't want no part of heaven
I would not do heavens work well
I pray the devil comes and takes me
To stand in the fiery furnaces of hell

Bruce Springsteen 1995
nocturnal_steve

Burning Since: 1997

Re: Ticket Fiasco Kitty Litter

Postby Drawingablank » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:09 pm

Surely anyone who is close enough to do the last minute thing is in a good position now and could concievably pick up tickets well below face value.

But for those who needed to book flights and make long term travel arrangements it was a really stressful thing and I suspect we may see a lot fewer international burners this year.

Even traveling from the East coast it was too much of a gamble to book a flight before I had a ticket.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion