Dear Virgin Burner

Re: Dear Virgin Burner

Postby TravellingMissie » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:50 am

Wow - this post really gave me tingles. Thank you :)

I am extremely excited about attending Burning Man for the 1st time, I have been waiting for this for years! Until I am at BRC it won't seem real!

I am not the type of person to wish time away, so I don't want Burning Man to be here NOW......I'm just enjoying reading this forum and getting all obsessed with buying outfits from Ebay.....seriously, I'm addicted!!
TravellingMissie

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Terminal Y

Postby Pippi » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:36 pm

Love this post! It gave me the chills, misty eyes and butterflies all at the same time!
Pippi

Burning Since: 2011

Postby cclouatre » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:54 pm

Tomino,

That is so well written. I could not myself articulate the same sentiment. I appreciate your gift.

Tenderloin
cclouatre

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Camp Let's Play Dress Up

Postby timothynh » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:12 pm

Dear Tamino,

I had my first burn this year. It was an amazing experience. I was part of the French Quarter and the Cafe Fin Du Monde. I made a connection with a terrific person who visited me at the cafe. She and her partner are long time burners. I never found them again. What are the odds of doing so, and how might I search? She apparently has an RV with a lotus blossom on the side and I cannot remember her playa name.

I look forward to next year and coming home. My return to default has not been easy so far.

T
timothynh

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Cafe De La Fin Du Monde (French Quarter)

Postby Savannah » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Dear Timothy,

Search for "Lost Humans" here in the 2012 Lost and Found. Make a post under "Humans" and make the headline specific with lots of detail. No one can tell you the odds of reconnecting. It's totally random, and that's okay. Meeting someone amazing that you might never see again, well . . . it's a feature, not a bug. It happens. And it's way better than never meeting that amazing person in the first place. Write down the encounter you had and preserve it. It might help. If it doesn't, burn it. :)
viewforum.php?f=295

Coming back to the default world after a Burn is usually strange and sometimes difficult. Meet your regional people if you have some.
http://regionals.burningman.com/

They all know what you're going through. For that matter, so do we. Right now everyone's still euphoric, for the most part, but in a few weeks the sad & grumpies can kick in. It's normal. The energies eventually get harnessed and re-used.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby psychlone_vix » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:39 am

Hi, I´m new !!!! will be going next year all the way from spain. never been there dont know anybody !! SOS.
:wink:
psychlone_vix

Burning Since: 2013

Postby MarieShea810 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:39 am

What an amazing post..I will be attending my first burn next year, I couldn't be more excited. To be free. To be home. Anxious to meet some fellow burners out here in Az to gain more knowledge.

Love Bombs.
Namaste. <3
MarieShea810

Burning Since: 2013

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself!