Spank the Monkey Lounge Seeking Participants

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Spank the Monkey Lounge Seeking Participants

Postby iPunkin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:38 pm

Hey fellow burners! Greetings from Spank the Monkey Lounge! We have been a small bar theme camp on the playa since 2006 based out of Salt Lake City.

We have had a few folks who aren't able to attend this year for various reasons (tickets, time off etc.) so we have some extra space and we can accommodate some additional burners/tents. We do have some camp "dues" so to speak (PM for details if you're interested). We will be in the 4:15 and C area this year. We are open minded, mellow and just ask that you help at the bar on occasion.

We have a big bar, playa couches and structures (public and private for campmates), shower, generator and stereo/music, water in large quantity, kitchen etc. This will be my fourth year on the Playa, and we have campmates who have been since 2002. All of our SLC based campers are experienced and welcoming. We are a fun and drama free bunch and would love to meet some newcomers.

PM me if it sounds like your cup of tea

Thanks,
Nugget
iPunkin

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Spank the Monkey Lounge

Re: Spank the Monkey Lounge Seeking Participants

Postby Honeycle » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:12 pm

I'm looking for a camp. Would love to help out at the bar. I'm bringing my yurt and I'm a very easy going person. Let me know if I can get you any other info. Thanks, Honey
Honeycle

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Ishmayel » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:49 pm

Hey Guys,
That would be my first Burning man and I will be happy to join.
Ready to help in the bar and contribute financially.
Please answer ASAP.

Cheers.
Ishmayel

Camp Name: Ish

Postby lightshow » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:31 am

Hello hello!

I just scored a last minute ticket and I am looking to join a camp.This will be my third burn and I can't Waite to get back home. I can build, I can teach (tai-chi,qi gong) I can do body work, I will stay for tear down and I'm totally cool to work inthe bar a bit. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Angel
Firelizard_13(at)Hotmail(dot)com
lightshow

Burning Since: 2010

Postby lightshow » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:39 am

Hello hello!

I just scored a last-minute ticket and I am looking to join a camp. I can build, teach, help in the bar, help with teardown *and* I'm excellent company! It would be awesome to come out early andhelp with set up.This will be my third burn and I can't wait to get home.

Hope to hear from you soon
Angel
Firelizard_13(at)Hotmail(dot)com

P.s
Apologies for any typos, I'm sending this from my phone :)
lightshow

Burning Since: 2010

Postby double Dutch » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi Nugget!

This is going to be our first burn and we are still looking for a camp. We are Dutch, but living and working in Portland. We're actually looking into doing a "tiny" roadtrip pre-Burning man that will take us to your home town Salt Lake city.

Could you give some more insights on the camp-dues and how it would work? If it fits our budget, we would love to join. No problem to help out in the bar. We plan on arriving Monday night or Tuesday morning and leaving on Sunday.

Looking forward to meet!
Rieneke & Martijn
you can email to uk at uconi dot com
double Dutch

Return to 2012 Theme Camps