Do I own my ticket?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Do I own my ticket?

Postby Chattertoes » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:40 am

Hi everyone,

I put my ticket into Step on Thur 7th Aug and haven't heard a word since regarding a sale. Am I allowed to sell it on through normal means now or do I have to wait for it to sell in Step (which it may never do)?

Or was the 7th Aug deadline not only for putting your ticket into Step but also for buying one? In which case - as it clearly hasn't sold - does this mean ownership has reverted back to me and I can sell it at face and do the name change?

Thanks for any help, I really did trawl these boards for an answer and emailed over a week ago but am still in the dark.

Hope you all have a wonderful Burn, gutted I can't make it - next year xx
Chattertoes

Burning Since: 2011

Re: Do I own my ticket?

Postby Chattertoes » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:03 am

Essentially, I'm asking has STEP closed now and if my ticket didn't sell does that mean I can now sell it on?

Or did all tickets sell through STEP and should I wait a few more days for sale confirmation?

Please and thank you xx
Chattertoes

Postby JovReef » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:23 am

viewtopic.php?f=290&t=57257

First sticky post at the top of the forum you just posted in :roll:
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. - Sir Winston Churchill
JovReef

Camp Name: Coon and Friends

Postby sassygirl » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:59 pm

I'm in the same boat and can't get anyone from Burning Man to respond to my email inquiries. I'm so beyond frustrated I can't even tell you. My guess is that Burning Man emptied out the queue of people waiting for a STEP ticket when they released 1000 more tickets into the system in early August (around the same time I put my ticket back in). So where does that leave us? Where in the STEP FAQ does it say that was a possibility? I'd just like to be able to change the name on my will call ticket so that I can sell it under face value to another Burner in need. I understand that people once were scalping the tickets which was why STEP was created, but that is no longer the case now that plenty of tickets are in circulation. Or for goodness sake at least reopen STEP so that new people can register and I can transfer my ticket to them. I can just contest the purchase through my credit card company but that leaves one less ticket for another Burner which is not my intention. Please Burning Man, do the right thing and help us out here! We have tickets that we can't use and there's people out there who need tickets... can't we come up with a solution that benefits everyone?!
sassygirl

Burning Since: 2008

Postby wackoliberal » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:24 am

Similarly, my ticket didn't sell on STEP, so I can probably still use it right? I'm about to buy a plane ticket but I'd hate for it to sell or something once I've done that...
wackoliberal

Burning Since: 2012

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:26 am

I would have to say that since no one bought it off you, it's yours.
Anything different and I might start giving credence to the eternal muttering about the llc's "selling out".
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion