Ride Sought or Offered from Western Montana

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Ride Sought or Offered from Western Montana

Postby VioletMoodSwings » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Well howdy there Burners! This will be my third burn, and a ticket dropped in my lap last minute, so I'm gearing up for the playa. I'm from New Orleans, and my current location in Western Montana is so much closer to BRC than my usual home that I couldn't turn down the opportunity! I'll be taking a break from writing my book here in in Philipsburg, Montana (in between Butte and Missoula) to attend.

I have a car with a 2-bike rack, and so while I am able to drive, I would either like to take on a passenger or get in with someone else to save on fuel and add some fun to the trip. If I drive, I'll be headed through Butte and Idaho Falls. I may be willing to drive up to Missoula to fetch someone hence. Otherwise, I can drive my car within the region to meet another driver. I'll be packing relatively light (y'know, for Burning Man): small tent, costumes, food and my bike is all I need room for.

Though I've taken a couple years off, my last two times I camped with the Midnight Ridazz, a bike-themed camp. I like all sorts of music (I can even tolerate dubstep if necessary :wink: ) and am a consummate road-tripper -- I've driven about 5,000 miles in the past two months, mostly solo during some serious Walkabout time.

Let's roadtrip!

Cheerio!
Reecy
VioletMoodSwings

Burning Since: 2007

Re: Ride Sought or Offered from Western Montana

Postby VioletMoodSwings » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:15 pm

So it seems I'm camping with good ol' Gigsville this year, and will be headed in on Friday evening to help with setup. This means I'll be driving myself my own car. I have room for one person (two without a lot of stuff), leaving this Friday AM (Aug 24) and heading back Monday Sept. 3.
VioletMoodSwings

Postby chiosunshine » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:18 pm

I live in washington and I can help out with gas money. Would be able to make a pitstop??? or I could try to get to montana on grey hound or something. msg me Mdew15@hotmail.com let me know soon!!!! thanks<3
chiosunshine

Burning Since: 2012

Postby VioletMoodSwings » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:53 pm

Howdy there! It looks like I have a ride down to the burn, but check out the post about ride/cargo from Montana, that's who I'm going with.
VioletMoodSwings

Postby domiknow » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:11 am

Hey there!

I am posting this for a friend with no PC or internet access trying to get from Kalispell to the burn either driving or riding. And sorry, please forgive me for thread jacking but I was trying to help carpool some fellow burners from this area as it is getting really close and you may know of someone either going or needing a ride. She is flexible to leave this weekend 8/26 and be back by late tuesday after the burn. Super cool fun Montana girl down to earth coming on her first burn. Meeting friends and has her own camp and ticket and just wanted some cool folk to help share some gas. Anyway check out her ads on craigslist and if interested, drop me a note or message at 415 754 3844 and I can help coordinate.

Thanks a lot and I hope everyone makes it safely, and has a great burn.

-D

http://missoula.craigslist.org/rid/3223571946.html

http://kalispell.craigslist.org/rid/3223548717.html
domiknow

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: SSRS

Return to 2012 Share Resources