Will call name change

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Will call name change

Postby maladroit » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Just a quick question because I don't want to bother some very busy people at the moment, and some of you may have run into this already.

I bought a second tier ticket from a burner (at face value of course). We tried to change the name at will-call a couple weeks ago, but the site said it could not be changed (no reason why).

Obviously I can bring all the identity information to authorize picking up his ticket at will-call, but was wondering if anyone had run into this and what the possible reasons were. The only thing that worries me is that he is still going as part of a theme camp, and I don't know if there is some interaction there that might void the original ticket.
maladroit

Burning Since: 2012

Re: Will call name change

Postby pink » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:04 am

He would have to get there first, pick up the tickets, and then put your's back into Will Call under your name.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby trilobyte » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:21 am

Two reasons that spring immediately to mind… ticket was purchased through STEP, ticket was purchased in the open sale. You may also want to check the list of voided tickets (see the regarding scalpers & scammers post), though that is not a complete list.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby maladroit » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:12 am

Will need to verify exactly how this was purchased. Pretty sure it's a main sale ticket.

He shouldn't have to go to will call and change the name, the site says if I give them a photocopy of his ID and credit card used to purchase, plus a letter authorizing me to pick them up, they'll give me the ticket.
maladroit

Postby trilobyte » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:20 am

There was no March open sale, just an open sale two weeks ago.

Understand though, that if they were unable to change the name on the order two weeks ago you will not be able to change the name on the order using the last minute name change instructions. Your friend (who is actually the ticketholder, since the order has not yet been transferred) will likely need to use the online support form to submit a ticket and try and get that sorted. He/she needs to get that done asap, as those operations will be shutting down any day now.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby maladroit » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:53 am

Oh crap, yikes. The website did not communicate any such conclusions. In fact, the page states that if the ticket can't be changed online for some reason, then it can be picked up with the ID photocopy yadda yadda. It's presented as an alternative if the online method fails. Glad I asked...I wouldn't be the only one standing there experiencing that moment when you realize you made it within a couple miles and now need to leave.

Edit: I remembered that the instructions on the page weren't actually meant to change the ticket holder name. Basically, it was multiple forms of ID and a signed letter authorizing a third party to pick up the ticket. Is that completely false?
maladroit

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion