Finding Robot Heart

Planning to build and bring a mutant vehicle? Talk about your plans and recruit crew members here.

Finding Robot Heart

Postby Jgladdy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:38 am

Question -

So the last year I was on the playa I mainly stayed at the established sound camps when I wanted to boogie. There were some times I headed out to deep playa to find some mobile dancing/parties. I love Robot Heart from some of their off-playa parties I've been to. I have a question. How do people who are trying to find RH find her?

I've seen photos of RH looking like trailing the light balloons. Is that how? Do people track the balloons down? or do folks just wander deep playa until they see those heart lights?
Jgladdy

Re: Finding Robot Heart

Postby lemur » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:42 am

follow the trail of moop
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby percussivepaul » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:23 pm

I was going to tell you it's easy, you just scan the horizon, climb something tall if you need to, look for the red heart, done... but that was for non-dusty years. This year if visibility is lower it may take some resourcefulness. Just ask people if they've seen it, and if you have a bike, pedal around. They move around but they are not exactly trying to hide, and if you patrol the region between 10:00, 2:00, and the Temple, you'll probably spot them before too long. Though of course it will tend to pop up next to you before you realize you want to go looking for it, and then on the one night you desperately want to find it, it will be nowhere to be found. That's kind of how things tend to work.

Finding the diner, now that's a challenge. I wish THEY would leave a trail of balloons. (anyone know if they're coming back this year?)
percussivepaul

Postby percussivepaul » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:24 pm

By the way the balloons are not associated with Robot Heart.
percussivepaul

Postby Galaxo Magic » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:25 am

Close your eyes, click your heels together, listen, that loud thumping is Robot Heart.
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby Galaxo Magic » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:26 am

BTW - the Sparkle Ponies are associated with Robot Heart
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby Galaxo Magic » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:26 am

Man, I need some coffee, I have started out really snarky today.....
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby Ever » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:41 pm

I think I've been on this forum the longest so I suppose that *I* get to be the snarkiest about electronic music, right?

I kid. Not sure how to find RobotHeart, but I'll see you there ;)
Ever

Burning Since: 2003

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:59 pm

IMHO, RH is one of the least sparkle pony destinations of any sound camp. It's in the dark.. under the stars.. open playa. Sparkle ponies flock to the bright lights and the see and be seen.

Easy to find. Just look for the giant red heart on the horizon. You literally cannot miss it from anywhere on the open playa or esplanade. They usually stay on the 10 side of things in between the corner and the temple.

Last edited by junglesmacks on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby Sandstorm » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:00 pm

From spending time dancing with them the past 2 years here's what I can tell you: Robot Heart has a 2 story / double decker bus. The left and right hand sides of the bus are partially covered with LED sign boards which often are playing video images (e.g. a pack of swimming dolphins). On top of the bus there is a large heart sculpture that's made from something akin to rebar, which is covered in LED lights which are mostly red. My memory says that the past 2 years the bus was parked out by 10 O'clock, so that's where the camp seems to be based. And for real, they have the best mobile sound system on the playa. In '08 after The Temple burn I was riding back to Center Camp when from half way across the playa I heard a sound system that was both so powerful and so crisp that I turned my bike aorund and rode out to the deep playa to find what camp was responsible for those magic sounds. That, my friend, was the night I fell in love with Robot Heart. They are really nice people and they've made my Sunday nights/Monday mornings very special the past 2 years.

I hope that you find them.

Edit: junglesmacks: Great photo and you are right about the crowd at Robot Heart. I have to wonder if that's the case because one has to make an effort to get away from the heart of BRC in order to come across Robot Heart.
Sandstorm

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: TBD

Return to 2012 Mutant Vehicles