Join our theme camp, Great Balls of Fire!

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Join our theme camp, Great Balls of Fire!

Postby nuclearember » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:05 am

Great Balls of Fire returns again and we're placed on 7:30 near Dandelion. We are looking for FIRE SPINNERS and non-spinners to join our camp.

Dues include:
• Kitchen infrastructure (grill & fuel, grill table, prep table, wash tubs, some cookware, etc.)
• Tons of camp shade, including private camp dome, public chill & workshop space and kitchen, others
• 10+ camp chairs, husbands (cushions) to lounge around on in comfort, with some Playatech "Black Jacks"
• Water for showers (BYO drinking water!) and dedicated industrial wand mister for low-water consumption bathing (or BYO solar shower)
• An enclosed camp shower so you can actually get clean in privacy (we're building a new shower screen)
• Trash cans and trash removal (please minimize your waste!)
• 50' x 25' performance and outdoor workshop space
• Power and fuel for camp use (incl. solar)
• Specified space, as much as you need, for your personal campsite
• Supplies for your workshop/event/offering (if appropriate, must pre-quote and indicate on budget spreadsheet)
• Year-round storage for camp-related items
• Transportation of shared camp items to BM and back via camp truck; option to pay for additional transport of your bike and/or water to Kip, who drives the truck
• GBOF camp schwag, TBD (budget allowing, looking iffy and time is now short)

Dues do not include things like:
• Meals
• Drinking water
• Sparkle Ponies

One thing we do encourage camp members to do is think up an event / workshop / offering for the general participant, be it a class, talk, demonstration, performance, service, what have you. Some people help others run their event, so that's an option to you if there's a fit. We have a camp spreadsheet with tabs for the roster, camp duties, workshops/offerings, infrastructure, budget/needs, ride share and hotel share; everyone fills out / signs up where they want.

Please PM for details regarding dues.
nuclearember

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Great Balls of Fire

Re: Join our theme camp, Great Balls of Fire!

Postby Honeycle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:20 am

I'm looking to join a camp and would love if you consider me. I've never been to Burning Man but I'm excited about building/bringing an 8 foot hexayurt and swamp cooler. I'd love to participate by helping with your events and possibly offering my own. My experience is mostly in writing and performing (mostly jokes/stand up) but I also used to have a pilates studio and worked a lot with injured and sick people so maybe I could do some body work.
Thanks, Penelope
Honeycle

Burning Since: 2012

Postby nuclearember » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:29 am

Hi Penelope, replying to you directly via email.
nuclearember

Postby atlantis » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:28 am

Hi, I am looking to join a camp. I had planned to come with friends, but their plans have been interrupted, so I am searching for a new home. I've just started spinning fire and would love to be part of a camp where people are interested in playing, teaching, learning. This will be my third burn. I'm happy to pay the dues and to either help with a workshop, or offer one. Possible topics I could offer: beginning aerial silk, if we had an aerial rig (so that's unlikely); handstands; scarf tag/other fun athletic-type games. Let me know. Thanks!
atlantis

Burning Since: 2007

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:42 pm

I have half a mind to sweep in, kidnap Jewellee, and you'll never see the two of us ever again! Or maybe not.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby alvin1978 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:39 am

Greetings!

We are 4 people living in Europe who are going to the Burning Man this year. Two of us have already been a couple of times at the Playa and the other two are BM virgins.

We really would like to join your camp, sorry for the short notice. We'll be happy to pay fees -as long as they fit with our budget- and work on any duty at the camp. Besides, two of us could run a class of yoga for begginers and I also could lead some meditation -traditional or even dynamic-. I know they're activities different to the ones that the camp is focused on but it could be fun. We've been in the Ascension Tribe Camp before and they were very happy of having us. Unfortunately this camp is no longer being set up at the Playa so we'd be delighted of joining you if possible [:-)]

My name is Alvaro, please contact me if you are interested in us.

Cheers!
alvin1978

Burning Since: 2008

Postby SpyGyrl007 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:06 am

[quote="Dr. Pyro"]I have half a mind to sweep in, kidnap Jewellee, and you'll never see the two of us ever again! Or maybe not.[/quote]

Bwwwaaahhahahahahahahahahahaaha!!!! Help Ember sell these tickets and I may just run away with you anyway ;)
SpyGyrl007

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby nuclearember » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:17 am

Still open to new camp mates. Please PM me!
nuclearember

Postby skorpiyostyle » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:56 pm

hi just sent you a pm!
skorpiyostyle

Burning Since: 2010

Postby nuclearember » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:39 am

Hi folks,

For anyone who hasn't contacted me already, we are CLOSED to considering any more new members at this point.

I am still getting caught up on all of the PMs I've received, and will get back to everyone today with responses.

Thanks and have a great time on the dusty playa, everyone!

Best,
Ember
nuclearember

Return to 2012 Theme Camps