The Epic of MamaSharon's Virgin Year With Newbie Advice

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Re: The Epic of MamaSharon's Virgin Year With Newbie Advice

Postby mamasharon » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:02 pm

How cool! 'Cuz having all of you come together and help the dream happen certainly was the highlight of my Burn! I'm hoping for a reprise of the Dragon Wagon this year. New additions though being worked on every day. Once you get your camp settled, come by and we'll not only make building a dragon a tradition, but a party!
mamasharon

Postby mamasharon » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:53 pm

" Don't go to Burning Man, live it. "
mamasharon

Postby bluesbob » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:52 pm

Last year I got absolutely pissed at people in my camp. I resolved to pack it up and go home a few days early. I looked out across our crowded camp and realized 15 people would have to remove all their tents and things in order for me to leave. Fuck it, I thought, I'll go for a bike ride. Several hours later I came back to camp. I had a shit-eating grin from my adventure. It was hours later I realized I had wanted to go home earlier in the day. But I couldn't remember the reason I wanted to leave. The playa provides more than just physical things.
"aw shucks.." - Eric
bluesbob

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: AV

Postby Super Evil Brian » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:58 pm

bluesbob wrote:Last year I got absolutely pissed at people in my camp. I resolved to pack it up and go home a few days early. I looked out across our crowded camp and realized 15 people would have to remove all their tents and things in order for me to leave. Fuck it, I thought, I'll go for a bike ride. Several hours later I came back to camp. I had a shit-eating grin from my adventure. It was hours later I realized I had wanted to go home earlier in the day. But I couldn't remember the reason I wanted to leave. The playa provides more than just physical things.

Nearly a year later it's still fresh in my mind, still makes me smile.
"I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."
Jesus fuckhole, what the fuck was that?
"Playa dust might be the cleanest, most corrosive filth you'll ever love," Savannah said.
Super Evil Brian

Burning Since: 2011

Postby mamasharon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:40 pm

The Dragon Wagon took a test flight to a loosely connected BM-type party called the Gemini Party here in the Willamette Valley in Oregon, and made the front page. If anyone is interested in seeing more pictures of the Dragon Wagon, go to Statesman Journal.com and look up Gemini Party. (Sorry, not enough computer skills to give you a link) If you think you might be able to help put it together at Burning Man, come at dusk to 2:30 and J or close, and we'll have a dragon building party. Can't wait to get dusty! Mama
mamasharon

Postby mamasharon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:47 am

Well. we're less than two weeks out, so I started thinking about the poor person who has to inspect my filled from stem to stern motor home. The following poem is addressed to the inspectors:

Please, inspectors, have mercy on me,
I'm just trying to be self-sufficient. you see.

I may have packed the camper from bathroom to bed,
But I was only trying to bring my own "head".

The dragon head and neck, you see,
Are the only things hiding in my R.V.

There's no humans in here, no feathers or plants.
I barely had room for blouses and pants.

So save yourself effort, use a heat-sensing device,
There's nothing bad in here, just food, stuff, and ice.
mamasharon

Postby mamasharon » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Just a quick note before we all take off to invite you all to come to Fantasyland, in the general location of 2:30 and Jasmine to shop at our Bizarre Bazaar. We shop all year to find all the best in Playa attire and we offer it all at no charge. Come early for the best selection. We've added jewelry this year and even some costumes and accessories. Come on out to the 'burbs and visit! Can't wait to get dusty!!!! Mama
mamasharon

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man