Using Solar Panels

A place to discuss all things involving power and lighting. Generator tips, alternative energy, lighting your camp/bike/art/self and more.

Re: Using Solar Panels

Postby garyt » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:49 am

More questions!

1. How do you store your 12v batteries?
2. If its left in the open, will the playa drain and kill it?
3. I found two more 12v deep cycle batteries which are of different capacity(free. yay!). Can I hook up all 3 in parallel or does it all need to be the same type/capacity/etc?
4. Which direction do you face the solar panels and do you move it around to get better coverage?

Postby stephen2u » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:33 pm

I am running 2 110 amp hour agm batteries and 200 watts of solar for my swamp cool and lights, my fan in it is a 12v 80 watt car fan and a 350 gallon per hour water pump, , I have ran it at full blast for 20 hours and it eat up my power on my batteries from 13.1 volts to 12.2 volts and thats with my 200 watts of solar, I know it over kill but you never know what could happen out there, I am also bringing 110 gallons of water, my swamp cooler can use up to 9 gallon a day I live in Arizona it holds 17 gallon in it. I love to try it in my house but my wife says no it freaks her out, I am also putting A/C filters on it for the dust. This is my first time to come home.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by stephen2u on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Camp of Stephan

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Would like to see pics of your cooler please. 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Postby Ratty » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:30 am

Can you buy the tiny solar panels,(I know you can with batteries all in the case), and hook them up to reg xmas lights? I would love to do this. Led Christmas lights are in every garage sale for nothing. I could cut off a string of the appropriate number of lights and attach a unit. These darn things cost too much in the store.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Sporks are For Pussys

Return to Power & Illumination