Announcing the Formation of Orphan V Camp

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Announcing the Formation of Orphan V Camp

Postby CornMan » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:29 pm

As of now, Orphan/Endorphin and Orphan IV Camps are officially full. Orphan Camps II and III have merged with Orphan/Endorphin Camp and thus will not be represented this year. Orphan V has just been born. Orphan V seems to be aiming to be a music oriented camp. They already have a few musicians and are looking for more - specifically a drummer and a bass player. You certainly are not required to be a musician to feel welcome in this camp. However, if you want to spend the entire burn expecting the camp's radio to be tuned to talk radio, this possibly might not be that great of a fit for you, but the camp will hold strong to its principles as an Orphan Camp being open to all orphans who do not belong to a camp. Orphan V will be considered a co-subsidiary of Orphan/Endorphin Camp at 4:15 and Begonia. O/E Camp will have a generator, amplifiers, and a P.A. system for nightly or semi-nightly concerts and radio station broadcasts as well as a beer pub for the members of Orphan V to use. Dust off that kazoo from your dresser drawer. Break out that slide trombone. It's going to be a toe-tapping good time.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/333867116704876/

The camp with a difference
Never mind the weather
When you camp with Plug & Ply
Your holiday's forever
CornMan

Re: Announcing the Formation of Orphan V Camp

Postby renecalvo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:25 am

I am liking the feel of this. As an offering this band of gypsies will make up a song for anybody at anytime. I even promise it will rhyme.
renecalvo

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Orphan V

Postby renecalvo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:27 am

Is somebody bringing mics for the PA? I have some hopeless ones stashed around.
renecalvo

Camp Name: Orphan V

Postby Honeycle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:21 am

Sounds fun. I'm not a muscian but I am looking for a camp. I'm pretty easy going. That's my hard sell. Penelope
Honeycle

Burning Since: 2012

Postby CornMan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:28 am

This last Orphan Camp is filling up pretty fast. While accepting all orphans, they are now hoping for some people who are local to the Sacramento/Reno area who can help with some logistics.
The camp with a difference
Never mind the weather
When you camp with Plug & Ply
Your holiday's forever
CornMan

Postby loma_alta » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Oh hey. I'd love to be a part of this camp. I'm a musician (guitar, rhythm, beatbox, whatevz), camping "alone" but seeking some sense of community. I like the idea of camping with total strangers and seeing what happens. I am able to contribute financially and logistically, but won't be arriving until Monday evening-ish. I'm joining the Facebook group. SUPERSTOKED.
loma_alta

Postby Ixniibolg » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:08 am

I'm trying to find a camp, i'm a musician. This camps sounds good! What's the process to get in?
Charles
aka - Ex Modern Teen/Troubadour
"Thank you universe, thank you body, thank you spirit, thank you creativity, thank you friends, thank you family, for everything and for eternity."
Ixniibolg

Camp Name: The Lost Boys

Postby distinctlyelan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:03 am

I (a virgin) and my boyfriend (2nd year) are interested in your camp. He plays all sorts of instruments and will be at least bringing his mandolin, I am just down for listening (and helping in other ways), and we are both former professional Tallship sailors (with lots of rigging knowledge). We are quite self sufficient, just looking for a group of people to call home. How do I get in contact with you all?
distinctlyelan

Return to 2012 Theme Camps