A place for a piece

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.

A place for a piece

Postby LegendZero » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:07 am

I need help doing something awesome for the two people who inspired me to try creating and who tipped the first domino in the series that lead to me making it to the playa for the first time this year. My sister and my friend are both long time painters and I would very much to bring a piece of their art to the playa to share with everyone, these are pieces I currently have hanging in my room to inspire me.

The first is a painted piece of plywood, maybe 36 by 40 or close to it (I can double check when I get home and edit this or reply) with a wood border. "It's log it's log! it's big, it's heavy, it's wood." sorry where was I? Oh yeah, the other is a smaller piece on canvas easy to put anywhere.

I would love to place these in a playa gallery to inspire and be enjoyed by others; and be able to reclaim them later to bring back home with my pictures of them out there as a gift to the people who believed I could be creative and artistic before I did.
LegendZero

Re: A place for a piece

Postby trilobyte » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:45 am

Check in with the ARTery once you've got your camp set up and sorted. They may be able to help you find something. You're also welcome to build someplace to display the art at your camp, too - lots and lots and lots and lots of awesome art are at peoples' camps each year.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby gyre » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:44 am

Ask the cafe.
gyre

Postby Lonesomebri » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:29 am

Ummmm.....sounds terrific, but, you know, those pieces of art are going to get DUSTY.

The dust clings to stuff, it's not your normal household dust, but more like a pathogen. As long as it's okay for the dust on the art to also bring back memories of all who enjoyed it.......
Lonesomebri

Burning Since: 1997
Camp Name: Camp Threat

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:47 am

I think that you might have trouble with the plywood panel in the wind. I'm pretty sure that it's been discussed in the past year or two.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2012 Art & Performance