Oooh, sounds awesome littleflower! We'll also grab a couple bottles of store-bought stuff to bring along. I had been hoping to find some really good Sicilian stuff (made with meyer lemons) like I had last year, but no luck at the local haunts.
It's been a punishing couple days for me. Thursday I managed to make the right combinations of calls and emails to make arrangements to have a new throttle sent out from the factory on Friday, with overnight ship for a Saturday delivery. The shipping was super spendy, but I figure it would give me a chance to try and get trike number two's electric assist kit going. It was something of a hail mary pass - I was self-diagnosing the problem with the kit and hoping I'd be able to get it all together in a reasonable amount of time. Thursday night I went to meet a friend for a drink, and that ended up turning into staying to close at two favorite bars, drinking shots, and then drinking wine from glass skulls on a foggy roof in the wee hours (it happens more often than most people realize). Social time was fun and hooray for making new friends, but man that left me wobbly on Friday.
Friday was a big supply run at the home despot. Normally I'd prefer to spend a few extra pennies to support the local indie builder's supply joint, but knowing they treat conduit and certain kinds of lumber as loss leaders, I happily allowed them to sell me that stuff at a loss.
Several dozen more pieces of conduit, plus a few sheets of wood paneling and some stain to make the back wall of the deli. I had a late start because of the wobbliness, and everything took longer, so I didn't get to do the actual staining. But I did get all the conduit poles color tagged by project and unloaded from the van into storage. Aside from the wobble factor, I also managed to fuck up my wrist yesterday. By the time I went to bed last night it was a little sore, and today it was painful and making noises it normally doesn't make when I tried moving it around. Not really the ideal time for a sprained wrist, but whatever. Got a brace for isolation and reinforcement, and got back to work. Today I knocked out the staining of all those wood panels.
It also made me smile to see burners doing test builds of shade structures in a parking lot near the house, and watching as some guys were loading up all the parts of what could only be a monkey hut at the despot joint. Coming up fast!
My replacement throttle had arrived on schedule, so once I was done with the crappy staining job I started on that. What the fucking fuck! You would have thought this shit would have been even remotely modular or somewhat compatible, but no. Oh hell no. And of course, no documentation of any kind. Fuck it, it's either make it go or admit defeat and deal with it after the burn. I went with the first one, took apart the assemblies, made my educated guesses on the wiring and gave it a test. Success! Of course, from there everything needed to be done up right, and all the pain in the ass installation stuff to get the parts onto the trike, and make sure I didn't screw something up along the way.
The view from the bridge of trilocycle 2.0
From there, I added the parts I'd made and painted for the basket.
I still have an LED lighting system that I need to wire and rig, but I'll end up doing that on-playa. Pandorra got a ton of organizational stuff done today (aside from general awesomeness, she's our kitchen lead). We also went over a list of things to cover with campmates at our last pre-event camp meeting tomorrow. Still lots to do, so little time...