Gate Greeters

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Gate Greeters

Postby javaman1145 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:37 pm

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be a greeter this year! Love love love, I think IT WOULD be so AWESOME! (can you tell by the caps how excited I am)

Can anyone send me in the right direction? Am I too late? Should I just go talk to them when I hit the playa? Help :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

cheers!
javaman1145

Re: Gate Greeters

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:39 pm

Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Lord Of Ruin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Way way way too late. Except for Lamplighters and I believe Cafe, all departments are full up with pre-planned staffing as per prior VC team communications. Please hit up the VSpot when you get on playa and they can plug you into any opportunities that come up that might need a hand!

LoR
The fox provides for himself, but God provides for the lion - W. Blake (attribution corrected)
Lord Of Ruin

Postby Mojojita » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:35 pm

LoR is correct that the schedule for Greeters is now set, BUT, it's never too late to come and learn to be a Greeter. Greeting is one of those jobs where having more people out greeting is always good. Come on out to the Greeter's station and introduce yourself to the Lead greeters on duty. There is now a new greeter's manual that has lots of info and some fun reading as well. We will be happy to have you!

Fishy is right about where to start, fill out the volunteer questionnaire so that we can communicate with you in the future.
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.
Mojojita

Postby pink » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:45 pm

A bunch of us Went up to the Greeters station last year and ended up being unofficial greeters when after bouncing around & welcoming people, the greeters in one lane all left (must have thought we were the relief crew). We were pressed into duty and had a blast. Even helped push one poor soul's car whose vehicle died at Greeters out of the way. when we quit, we were really tired, so stuck out our thumbs to hitch a ride back to camp. Didn't really expect to get one- whose vehicle has extra space when coming into the city for four people?

A minute later a bus stopped and picked us up. In it was the girl whose car had died; her campmates had gone up to greeters to pick her and her stuff up. Da playa provides! :D
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby Lord Of Ruin » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Mojojita wrote:LoR is correct that the schedule for Greeters is now set, BUT, it's never too late to come and learn to be a Greeter. Greeting is one of those jobs where having more people out greeting is always good. Come on out to the Greeter's station and introduce yourself to the Lead greeters on duty. There is now a new greeter's manual that has lots of info and some fun reading as well. We will be happy to have you!

Fishy is right about where to start, fill out the volunteer questionnaire so that we can communicate with you in the future.

Hmmm....Mojo...are you TD of Greeters in real life? 'Cause this doesn't jive with what she replied to the VC teams if I remember correctly.

LoR
The fox provides for himself, but God provides for the lion - W. Blake (attribution corrected)
Lord Of Ruin

Return to Get Involved!