Roll Call: Preppin' instead of Ragin'

All things outside of Burning Man.

Roll Call: Preppin' instead of Ragin'

Postby RedHeaven » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:38 pm

It's Saturday night, Random Rab, a DJ I happen to really love is playing a pre burner party in town. (Nevada City) Normally I would never miss it, but before Burning Man it is so important that I get substantial rest and prep time.....Saving the Mojo so to speak.....Been doing this for years, however being 40 does make it more important.....goodness my oh me

I just want some eplaya snark to keep me company tonite while I make STICKERS and sip sauvignon blanc very modestly. Bring it on

Can't wait to meet more of you. I've met Weatherman Joe, Ygmir, Ugly Dougly and a few others.

Who else keeps their mid summer focused and mellow to prep for that long wonderful week or 2?

Or do you prep by PUTTING ON PARTY LAYERS? :mrgreen:
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche 4:30 and Dandelion Wine

Re: Roll Call: Preppin' instead of Ragin'

Postby alexamonkey » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:12 pm

me, my man! Been neglecting my own life for this org. for a long time! How ya doing? -alexamonkey, CRTT (ps- we invite any & all who are interested to put on events at our camp- we have esplanade placement, & don't take that for granted...we share!)
alexamonkey

Postby daft » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:16 pm

O yea, trippin on preppin, and I like it
daft

Postby alexamonkey » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:17 pm

daft wrote:O yea, trippin on preppin, and I like it

love you already,... man, r u in trouble!
alexamonkey

Postby ranger magnum » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:15 pm

I skip everything the last few months before playa.

I use the time and money for getting the rv ready. Plus, summer is the busy time of year for contractors in socal.
Drugs may take you down the road to nowhere, but at least its the scenic route.
ranger magnum

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Camp Yonder/Ottoman Empire

Postby alexamonkey » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:34 pm

ranger magnum wrote:I skip everything the last few months before playa.

I use the time and money for getting the rv ready. Plus, summer is the busy time of year for contractors in socal.

tell me about it...get it off your chest! I'm a prof. event planner...always missed this time of year, but have been fortunate enough to have extremely empathetic employers my whole life.... Thru my event planning/catering experience, i HAVE STILL A GIFTED SURPLUS OF FORKS...THEY ARE CHEAP (QUALITY-WISE), BUT HAVE THOUSANDS, IN CASE ANYONE IS INTERESTED!
alexamonkey

Postby Bounce530 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:10 am

I've been out in the garage painting things, while choking on this damn 'Chips fire' smoke...How's the smoke over there in GV?
(I'm over here in Butte Co)
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby lucky420 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:33 am

yes I usually procratinate and then scramble, but that's how I roll. This year a little more scramblin as I'm moving back to REno by before I leave for bm. Also commuting 120 miles a day sucks...

But it will all get done... :mrgreen:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby wh..sh » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:44 am

lucky420 wrote:yes I usually procratinate and then scramble, but that's how I roll. This year a little more scramblin as I'm moving back to REno by before I leave for bm. Also commuting 120 miles a day sucks...

whooo hooo! found a house?
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby lucky420 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:09 am

I did! in the old northwest. Off of Keystone by the Raleys. It's a cute little cottage with a nice big finished basement and was built in 1953, so it's got some cool quirk. The backyard is nice and green and shady. I grew up in that area so yep I'm coming home.

I'm gonna miss the night sky out here and my pool, will definetly miss the pool but not the summer elec bill...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Postby wh..sh » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:13 am

lucky420 wrote:I did! in the old northwest. Off of Keystone by the Raleys. It's a cute little cottage with a nice big finished basement and was built in 1953, so it's got some cool quirk. The backyard is nice and green and shady. I grew up in that area so yep I'm coming home.

Congratulations! I bet it's a beautiful house, with easy access to downtown area.
I am so excited for you :)

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby lucky420 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:30 am

thank you. and if for some strange reason we don't meet on la playa then I'd love to be able to meet you sometime after the dust settles.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Postby wh..sh » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:36 am

lucky420 wrote:thank you. and if for some strange reason we don't meet on la playa then I'd love to be able to meet you sometime after the dust settles.

Absolutely! I would love to :)

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby alexamonkey » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:20 pm

wh..sh wrote:
lucky420 wrote:I did! in the old northwest. Off of Keystone by the Raleys. It's a cute little cottage with a nice big finished basement and was built in 1953, so it's got some cool quirk. The backyard is nice and green and shady. I grew up in that area so yep I'm coming home.

Congratulations! I bet it's a beautiful house, with easy access to downtown area.
I am so excited for you :)

It's funny- I'm a San Francisco girl, born and raised. Spent my summers at gramma's lake-side home in northwestern Montana. LOVED it there, but NEVER THOUGHT I'D BE THINKING LIKE I AM THESE DAYS... thought I was urban, period. Now I just want to buy that land in montana, go veg, grow some stuff, keep Goats as pets, & ask them for their milk to make delicious delicious goatmilk products (but be respectful if the answer is 'no'), eat wild berries, raise a family- in a community of like-minded people.... HOLY F*CK! Have I turned from a chain-swinging punk rocker into a full-fledged Hippie?!?!?! (still hate patchouli & tie-dye- don't care for "The Grateful Dead" very much, not a fhish, or however they spell it, fan. Does this save me???!?!?!?!
alexamonkey

Postby lucky420 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:54 pm

if I had lots of money I would love to live in San Francisco...

I've been wanting to move back to reno for a long time now, but sometimes I think I might just miss the countryside a teeny bit :mrgreen:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Postby pink » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:29 am

I put stuff from my van into the washer (sleeping bag, the sarong I use as a bathroom door, spare blankets and started my pack/inventory list. I leave in 8 days.

Oh shit, I LEAVE IN 8 DAYS FOR BRC!!!
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby alexamonkey » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:09 am

Leaving in 3-THEN got 3 days of 'detail' in Reno.... 3 people with will-call that I NEED monday, not wednesday.....I AM WITH U!
alexamonkey

Return to Open Discussion