keeping medicine kewl?

Swamp Coolers, Cooler Management, Dry Ice, Misting Systems, and just plain how to beat the heat.

keeping medicine kewl?

Postby theLynxmissesthesnow » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:17 am

HULLO!

I have a question. Duh. How do you fine folks suggest I keep proscription medicines within their temperature range?

Mostly worried about birth control. The pack says to store it between 65 adn 75 degrees... :roll:

Seems like I'm just screwed here, right?
Image
User avatar
theLynxmissesthesnow
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:39 pm
Location: Europa
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death

Re: keeping medicine kewl?

Postby Major Krash » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:10 am

put it in a on the floor of your vehicle where it will not get direct sunlight, and put some blankets over it. Only access it at night. Be sure it is in the original packaging and have a copy of the prescription.
"If you don't think too good, don't think too much" Ted Williams
User avatar
Major Krash
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: just off the Oregon Trail
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: tbd

Re: keeping medicine kewl?

Postby lemur » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:29 am

keep up! we already did this like 76 hours ago

viewtopic.php?f=280&t=56997
Don't link to anything here!
User avatar
lemur
 
Posts: 3599
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: Madagascar
Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Re: keeping medicine kewl?

Postby ygmir » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:11 am

theLynxmissesthesnow wrote:HULLO!

I have a question. Duh. How do you fine folks suggest I keep proscription medicines within their temperature range?

Mostly worried about birth control. The pack says to store it between 65 adn 75 degrees... :roll:

Seems like I'm just screwed here, right?


you can't buy irony like that..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25989
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: keeping medicine kewl?

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:23 am

What is "proscription medicine"? Another 420 euphamism?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37421
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: keeping medicine kewl?

Postby theLynxmissesthesnow » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:51 pm

lemur wrote:keep up! we already did this like 76 hours ago

viewtopic.php?f=280&t=56997


I can't keep up. I'm fat.
Image
User avatar
theLynxmissesthesnow
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:39 pm
Location: Europa
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death

Re: keeping medicine kewl?

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:43 pm

theLynxmissesthesnow wrote:
lemur wrote:keep up! we already did this like 76 hours ago

viewtopic.php?f=280&t=56997


I can't keep up. I'm fat.

Waddaya doing about thigh chafe?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37421
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: keeping medicine kewl?

Postby theLynxmissesthesnow » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:39 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
theLynxmissesthesnow wrote:
lemur wrote:keep up! we already did this like 76 hours ago

viewtopic.php?f=280&t=56997


I can't keep up. I'm fat.

Waddaya doing about thigh chafe?


I don't know what that is. I'm not really fat. I don't want to be... which is why I asked how to properly store my birth control at BM.
Image
User avatar
theLynxmissesthesnow
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:39 pm
Location: Europa
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death

Re: keeping medicine kewl?

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:36 am

Don't worry. It was another reference to another thread, or a consistent recurring topic. Pretty much a toss it out there for regular members of the board to recognize.
Note: I can certainly see that you might think that because lemur and I did this we are out to get you, but we're not. We do get jaded, and with two weeks before the gates open I've entered my silly season, but this sort of playing around is typically indulged in by the board community. The total thing that many people don't realize, is that if you care enough to make 10 posts and none of them are monumentally stupid, you're in. So I was more responding to lemur's post than messing wiht you, and I hope I haven't over-explained to the point of awkward.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37421
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: keeping medicine kewl?

Postby theLynxmissesthesnow » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:33 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Don't worry. It was another reference to another thread, or a consistent recurring topic. Pretty much a toss it out there for regular members of the board to recognize.
Note: I can certainly see that you might think that because lemur and I did this we are out to get you, but we're not. We do get jaded, and with two weeks before the gates open I've entered my silly season, but this sort of playing around is typically indulged in by the board community. The total thing that many people don't realize, is that if you care enough to make 10 posts and none of them are monumentally stupid, you're in. So I was more responding to lemur's post than messing wiht you, and I hope I haven't over-explained to the point of awkward.


Wait, so what you're telling me is that there is no way to protect my proscription medication because I asked too late and everyone is silly now?
Image
User avatar
theLynxmissesthesnow
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:39 pm
Location: Europa
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death

Re: keeping medicine kewl?

Postby Canoe » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:42 pm

theLynxmissesthesnow wrote:Wait, so what you're telling me is that there is no way to protect my proscription medication because I asked too late and everyone is silly now?

You frequently get silly (or even mean) answers when you start a new thread asking a question that has already, and particularly when recently, been answered.
And then there's the typical eplaya thread drift. No telling where a silly or a funny will head off on a tangent, or where that may lead.

lemur gave you the link to the thread - go read it
surely you don't expect a spoon-fed answer in your own personal thread - a little self-reliance leads to some respect
a lack of self-reliance, well, you guess
*** http://www.burningman.com/preparation/ ***
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.
.
“Dear subscriber, you are registered as a participant in a mass disturbance.”
User avatar
Canoe
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:01 pm

Re: keeping medicine kewl?

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:00 pm

That's a great gif in your sig line.

Maybe they'll be someone kind in your area that will let you keep them in an rv fridge. I remember keeping my husband's in an insulated little cooler (w/out ice) inside a larger cooler (w/ice). That seems to have worked...
There's probably some cool little gadget available at a sporting goods store or on the ubiquitous amazon. Maybe there's an evaporative cooling solutions. Like wetting a towel and putting it in the shade and wrapping it around a sealed plastic bag...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37421
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: keeping medicine kewl?

Postby Bexx » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:44 pm

I use a soft igloo lunch pack cooler. Works perfect for keeping meds cool.. And things from melting. You can drop a reusable ice pack in there. Just put your stuff in a zip lock Baggie and they should be ok
fuckshit-tit-balls-goddamn motherfucker../Little Miss Swears A Lot!
User avatar
Bexx
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:14 pm
Location: Long Beach
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp _____ (cock and balls)


Return to Keeping Cool

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests