JRS Opening Gate Time

Fertility 2.0 - Black Rock City is a kind of Petri dish. Theme camps cling in fertile clusters to its latticework of streets, artworks tumble out of it, like pollen on the air. These nodes of interaction mutate, grow and reproduce their kind. Burning Man communities have now escaped this capsule world: our culture in a Petri dish has effloresced - it spreads across five continents. This year's art theme contemplates the tendency of any being or living system to create abundant life.

JRS Opening Gate Time

Postby ApolloPan » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:11 am

Sorry to dump this here at random, campers, but I wasn't sure where else to ask. Latest JRS mentioned the Gate opens at 6PM on Sunday- is this correct? Seems about 6 hours early to me. Just wanna make sure there's not an epic "Waiting Man" pile up in Gerlach again. Thanks & dust bless!
ApolloPan

Re: JRS Opening Gate Time

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:29 am

It's unofficially been opening then the last two years. (Okay, officially if you were on the twitter account.) I hope this means that there will be less of a clusterfuck than was usual both then and Monday.

Yeah, that does look like a swine airbourne...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Jackass » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Seems like a prank to me, I would try to get there the next morning. The line is shorter.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token
Jackass

Postby tisha2 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:45 am

not a prank. real deal. 6pm. but yes, lines tend to be shorter in the morning. still an hours long wait tho.
ERP ~ Emergency Resource Procurement
"if i can't find it, yer f***ed"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERP-Emergency-Resource-Procurement/257100377734118

how we roll:
https://www.facebook.com/TheThugboat
tisha2

Postby Jackass » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:13 pm

Jackass wrote:Seems like a prank to me, I would try to get there the next morning. The line is shorter.

Seriously, you'll all be in D-lot hell, as I casually roll right on in. The three C's (cool,calm,collected)
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token
Jackass

Return to 2012 Theme