Why is it being outlawed to allow camps to work together?

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: Why is it being outlawed to allow camps to work together

Postby Trishntek » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Our infrastructure doubled and our EAP's almost doubled. But there are many unknowns about our new setup that cannot be realized until we are on the playa.

And here I thought I was bad using a whip!
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby alexamonkey » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:44 pm

if we can make it ok, & get more set up help, It is extremely welcome! FYI, moderators- u see i am trying to to do the right thing...have already contacted our placer, told him strait up what the sti. was...I know he is f'd, like the rest of us, but we're all going to make this happen- this, above anything, I have faith in.
alexamonkey

Postby alexamonkey » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:01 pm

u r all making my day! just trying t let it out there..certain things are gettin' squirrly....know the org is sensititve, and understand why, but if they could see their way clear to hire some die-hard suckers, they could use some actual burners in their admin. Yal'll r cool- & id u'e interested, we got some room & tickets...fyi
alexamonkey

Postby Rice » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:02 pm

There is a file line between letting stuff happen and making stuff happen. Sometimes you just need to make plans, assuming things are going to work out. - those nasty detail things tend to work themselves out.

Finally got my EA email today. Actually, until I saw the email I was unaware that it was missing. :shock: From where I live, the logistics of getting to the playa are more complex than anything I actually do on the playa.

When I start to think you are all crusty jerks, you go and do awesome stuff... Sure hope I get to the Meet & Greet!
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby alexamonkey » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:11 pm

Bless you..& for the record, I am NOT a crusty jerk, but a crusty juggler! Love bursting from seams I didn't know I had...
alexamonkey

Postby alexamonkey » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Eric wrote:
alexamonkey wrote:what I really need to do is get on the ball about all of this 'rules' stuff....my first year, rules didn't exist...I have done my best to keep up with the times, but- for christ's sake, there was a drive-by shooting range my first year!

That was in '96. Most people didn't have cell phones then either, and got online with 33k modems, and would be reading this as a "newsgroup" (alt.burning.man). To complain that the rules have changed since then is like complaining that Hootie & the Blowfish haven't released any good songs ever in a while...

It's not like these "rules" dropped on your head out of the blue, with no warning. They've been growing incrementally over the years, and if you're unable to keep up with the changes maybe you should pass the baton in the camp. It's not like they're rocket science.

Not opposed to the rules, I we actually have two ROCKET SCIENTISTS in our camp... not complaining, just sharing!
alexamonkey

Postby alexamonkey » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:53 pm

Bob wrote:You've been going 17 years? Since it was basically just an extended weekend? What's the problem again?

nope, never been there for an 'extended weekend'- besides my first year, where I was severely injured and unable to work for 6 months. Also promised early in & free ticket for life- my own fault for not keeping up on that...so been paying for 16 years. NEVER been in less than early. Got something else to say?
Last edited by alexamonkey on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alexamonkey

Postby alexamonkey » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:57 pm

thanks, simon of the playa, for your realism & honest to goodness help- wish they were all like you!
alexamonkey

Postby alexamonkey » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:04 pm

Trishntek wrote:It would be pure luxury to farm out some "muscle" on Monday. There's no padding in our EAP's and hopefully we will be up and running Monday. But I cannot say with any confidence we will have extra hands available by then.

The name and location of your camp might help to plan for the possibility!

bless all the monkeys of the world (me & my husband- we'z da monkeys)- CRTT- esplanade & 7:15- think we're ok, but burner-fellows helping us make sure, well that makes my day!
alexamonkey

Postby alexamonkey » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:14 pm

ps- that pic? that's me.
do as u see fit with this info.
alexamonkey

Postby alexamonkey » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:24 pm

stretch80 wrote:There is a file line between letting stuff happen and making stuff happen. Sometimes you just need to make plans, assuming things are going to work out. - those nasty detail things tend to work themselves out.

Finally got my EA email today. Actually, until I saw the email I was unaware that it was missing. :shock: From where I live, the logistics of getting to the playa are more complex than anything I actually do on the playa.

When I start to think you are all crusty jerks, you go and do awesome stuff... Sure hope I get to the Meet & Greet!

u- come by, see us, know u are welcome! I LOVE the non-snarky jerk presence on eplaya...without u peeps, where would we all be? CRTT, eslanade, 7:15. Alexa, Bob, or anyone!
alexamonkey

Postby alexamonkey » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:45 am

alexamonkey wrote:
Bob wrote:You've been going 17 years? Since it was basically just an extended weekend? What's the problem again?

nope, never been there for an 'extended weekend'- besides my first year, where I was severely injured and unable to work for 6 months. Also promised early in & free ticket for life- my own fault for not keeping up on that...so been paying for 16 years. NEVER been in less than early. Got something else to say?

That was snarky and confrontational of me. I apologize with all sincerity.
alexamonkey

Postby trilobyte » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:25 pm

You are not allowed to use early arrivals as an enticement to join your camp, or to buy/sell/trade/gift early arrivals with anyone outside your camp or project. End of story.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Previous

Return to Open Discussion