Art Camp seeks members

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Art Camp seeks members

Postby powermacdaddy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:00 am

HI we are a loose knit association of burners from all over the place. Last year we had a large russian contingent which is unable to make it this time unfortunately. We have shade structures galore!! We got more shade than the dark side of the moon!! (actually its not really dark, like when we see a new moon for example, the "dark side" is mostly illuminated :), Anyhow we got all this shade stuff, but not a lot of people. We have a bunch of folks in LA, a couple dudes coming over from Germany, a couple people coming over from Denmark, a guy in Northern Cali (some rural place I forget the name), and a girl coming over from New Zealand. We have a trampoline!! Im making and bringing piñatas filled with playa goodies!! Join us on the playa and lets have some fun!! :P
This is my unique signature block and it expresses who I am while being entertaining for others to read!
powermacdaddy

Re: Art Camp seeks members

Postby DrVanHelsing » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:37 am

Hi,

I recently got burning man tickets fairly last minute and am going to be getting to San Francisco from the UK around the 24th/25th August. It was then I realised I have no way of getting there, nor anywhere to sleep during...

That's when I saw your message. Is there still space in your camp by any chance? Obviously, I'm willing to pay fees, contribute etc.

Please let me know,

Mark
DrVanHelsing

Burning Since: 2008

Postby atlantis » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Sounds great. I am looking for a home. I am showing up early arrival on Saturday, but my buddies (and their RV) aren't getting there till Wednesday. In the meantime, I have no shade.

You have shade! I have excellent trampoline and pinata enthusiasm, a generally great attitude, fire spinning, and good whiskey. Match? The one caveat is that I'd like to save a spot for my friends to put their RV nearby so that we can be neighbors.

Please email me at anne_shaver@yahoo.com if you're still open - thanks.

P.S. Mark - if you need a ride from SF on the 25th, maybe we can work that out.
atlantis

Burning Since: 2007

Postby trashmansion » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:40 pm

We are 3 aussies looking for some place shadey to camp! We can bring lots of enthusiasm, alcohol, shouting, comedy, good food and general fun with us...

And we would be excited to camp with a modestly international group of people!

Any idea where you're setting up?
trashmansion

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Trash Mansion

Postby Mikito » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi, I'm a virgin burner from Tokyo, Japan. This sounds awesome. I've been travelling a lot my life and would love to meet people from different parts of the world, not just from America! ;P
Please let me know how I can contribute, I have a yoga pad, some tarp, could probably bring a tent and a sleeping bag to set up camp, some tea, massage skills, chiropractic work, fire spinning, and good company! I'm in need of a place to camp and people my age to huddle with. I am half Japanese half British American, grew up in Japan learning english. Looking forward to hearing back.

Yuta
Mikito

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Belle_Starr » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:55 am

We're m/32 and f/31 from Virginia and we're artsy! What are you asking for dues?
Belle_Starr

Burning Since: 2012

Postby powermacdaddy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:56 am

Damn, Sorry folks, in the last week, we've been filled up and overflowed!
I would like to refer all of you to my friend Zifras camp, the 100th Monkey camp.
Zifra is super cool and runs a swell theme camp every year and you'd do well
to hit her up. Her email is zifralogic@yahoo.com Her camp needs members
from what shes told me.
This is my unique signature block and it expresses who I am while being entertaining for others to read!
powermacdaddy

Return to 2012 Theme Camps