Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby darius » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:15 am

Howdy, Darius here. About to embark on my third burn and just now do I realize the value of ePlaya. I could have been wasting sooo much more time here if I would have only realized this sooner. Alas, all is not lost, still plenty of time to troll around and ask questions without using the search function first ;-)

dust conquers all,

d.
darius

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Savannah » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:02 am

:lol:

Hi Darius!
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby TravellingMissie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:04 am

Savannah wrote:Hello the other kevin! I've been to Worldcon too! In . . . 2002? I think. :)

Hi Cat_in_boots, Hi iRock, Hi Ashe! My playa boots are mostly clean . . . but not oiled! :oops:

Hi Poose, TasarlaSkaara, ManGG! Hi Emma! Love your avatar.

Hello Firewidow & Earthwalker!

hihihihihihi

Thanks Savannah, loving yours too - brilliant pic. Was that taken at the Burn?
TravellingMissie

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Terminal Y

Postby Savannah » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Yes, indeed. That was a self-portrait taken with a timer, at my very first Burn. :)

Savannah

Postby ChrissyP » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Let me try this again..... I clicked the wrong buttons yesterday and lost my note. So,my husband David and I live in Sacramento, and have been been thinking about going to the Playa for the last dozen years, but weren't quite ready yet... until we had one more loss than we could bear. We decided last September that THIS YEAR, 2012, was the year we would go. Period. Well, I decided that. He decided sometime around February that he'd go ahead and come with me too! Who knew that the year we decided we were ready, there would be such a fiasco with tickets!

Since so many long-term burners seemed unable to get tickets, meaning to my burgin ears, that the participants who actually make Burning Man what it is weren't going to even be there, I decided we needed (I mean me, David decided later to join me, kind of...) that we, as burgins needed to bring our strongest game!

So, I joined the Sacramento CORE Project, plugged into the local community, spent 10 hours helping to set up the day before FurrBall, back the next morning to build our home in the back and help with whatever still needed doing, and then went back for the break-down/clean-up/Meet and Greet party a couple weeks later..... we/I have been helping with fundraising activities for Arboria, and we love this burning community! At LunarBurn, we camped next to the PermaPub and opened our kitchen and home to hungry revelers....... (even if I am slow with a knife). Since I've been working towards Burning Man for a dozen years, I've been gathering up stuff to make our experience more comfortable..... we'll be setting up our 18 x 20, and our 10 x 20 for shaded bedroom/private space, and hope to have enough space for a 20 x 20 open area under the parachute for a gather spot...... I have a ton of extra costume-y crap and will bring as much as I can fit in our rig to gift to folks, and am thinking of bringing a couple hundred sets of ear plugs for gifts too.....

I look so forward to getting dusy with you all!
Work is Love Made Visible. KG
ChrissyP

Postby Lowz » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:45 pm

Well that's a nice try.
Welcome aboard
Lowz

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Club Neu Verboten

Postby lmeissne » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Loren aka Citronella . Cisgender male. Playa virgin (first time is 2012). Heard about this via a Facebook group of Burners.
I live in a suburb of San Francisco near SFO airport.
lmeissne

Camp Name: Green Tortoise

Postby BraveNewWorld » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Hello! My name is Natalia, and this is my first year to experience Burning Man and I am so grateful and excited to be a part of it! I work in the entertainment industry and have a lot of appreciation for artistic expression and performance art. I live in Carson City, NV, and will be traveling up with a small RV and a few friends. I plan to camp with Osiris. I will be arriving several days early to help set-up and prepare.

I've been having lots of fun reading and getting lots of advice from these boards! I am planning on outfitting my RV with lots of icy-cool treats to hand out to anyone who wanders by. I'm working on some ideas for interactive art projects also! I will also bring a few containers of spare costumes to donate to the costume camps.

I've been having lots of fun researching and preparing the logistics of surviving in the desert. I plan to have a shade structure connected to my RV so as to have a social-outdoors area for meeting and socializing with others.

Thank you to everyone for all of the advice I've gathered so far from these forums! I can't wait to get out there in the desert and work on my survival skills!

Much love,

-Natalia
The power of imagination makes us infinite..
BraveNewWorld

Aussie on Walkabout

Postby EverPresent » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:12 pm

G'day!
Attended BM last year and got inspired by the model for what's possible for the world... Peace, love and mung beans baby!
Space has just opened up in my life to attend again, so now manifesting some minor things like ticket, transport, accom and bike.
Living it up in Santa Monica atm and can't wait to get home on the playa.
Peace out hippies!
Matthew
EverPresent

Burning Since: 2011

First time going to BM

Postby vanessa33176 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Hello, This is going to be my first year going to burning man sadly and happily I'm going alone. The name is V by the way 19 years old suppose to be starting college in San Francisco yet I'm going to burning man. Good way to start the school year yep. Missing my first week of school for this better be worth it I have a feeling it will be. Im from Miami a shit hole of a city Burning Man will be a nice change from the snobs I have to deal with on a daily basis.
vanessa33176

Re: First time going to BM

Postby BraveNewWorld » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:51 pm

vanessa33176 wrote:Hello, This is going to be my first year going to burning man sadly and happily I'm going alone. The name is V by the way 19 years old suppose to be starting college in San Francisco yet I'm going to burning man. Good way to start the school year yep. Missing my first week of school for this better be worth it I have a feeling it will be. Im from Miami a shit hole of a city Burning Man will be a nice change from the snobs I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Hey! This will be my first year, also! From what I can gather, skipping your first your of university to experience Burning Man will be invaluable in terms of life experience. Wishing you a fun and lively burn! -Natalia
The power of imagination makes us infinite..
BraveNewWorld

Postby trillavanilla » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:21 pm

My name is Trilla Vanilla (aka Tricia), and I'm happy to be here.
trillavanilla

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Sham » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:12 am

trillavanilla wrote:My name is Trilla Vanilla (aka Tricia), and I'm happy to be here.

Happy to have you here. WELCOME!! :D
Sham

Postby KookieMonster » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:51 am

My name is Kookie Monster, and me love cookie. This is my first year and I'll be with Spanky's Wine Bar Camp. Looking forward to meeting you all on the playa. You will be able to find me easily wondering around.
KookieMonster

Camp Name: Spanky's Wine Bar

Postby Wh1teW0lf » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:29 pm

Hi, I'm alex, I have been dying to go for a while now. I am from a small town west of chicago, IL out in the country.
I look forward to meeting people and hope to learn from you all.
blessings!
- Alex
Never be afraid to let go of the *good* to chase after the *great*
Wh1teW0lf

Burning Since: 2013

Postby Eazy Rider » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi!
I am Eazy Rider. I got my Playa Name at Camp Idenenti-T last year (my Vigin year).
They had no idea that my last name is in the name they gave me :-D.
I live in Silicon Valley and am a technical recruiter. I've followed BM since it was in SF, but always had other plans for Labor Day Weekend.
Last year my "Men's Team" went en mass. There were 9 of us, 7 of whom were virgins. Had a great time. Last year's Burn took me back to my alternative living/ecology minded roots. I was a bit of a radical in high school, a LONG time ago. I'm an older man with a 25 year old's heart and mind. Let's just say that I'm hooked...

This year I'm back and am creating a bike ride event called Riding With The Bulls. All Burners can participate. The attire is a white shirt of any type with a Red bandana with everything else optional. The ride is on Friday 3/31 10:30 AM, starting at 6th and Esplanade.

Link to the ePlaya post: viewtopic.php?f=282&t=57869Esplanade

Burn on!

Eazy Rider
Eazy Rider

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: PolyParadise

RV for BM needed ASAP! can you help!!

Postby Tanicas » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:21 am

Hi Burners!! If you know of any RV's available, please get in contact ASAP! Especially from Reno!! There is 5-6 of us that need one badly!

Can you help!!

Cheers
Tania Casotti
tanicas55@yahoo.co.uk
+447799586978
xxxx
Tanicas

Camp Name: Terminal Y

Re: RV for BM needed ASAP! can you help!!

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Tanicas wrote:Hi Burners!! If you know of any RV's available, please get in contact ASAP! Especially from Reno!! There is 5-6 of us that need one badly!

Can you help!!

Cheers
Tania Casotti
tanicas55@yahoo.co.uk
+447799586978
xxxx

A) You're posting in the wrong place = you're going to get 10% of the helpful responses you could get.
B) You're posting your email and phone number here, which is going to get you flooded with junk.
C) You haven't posted a picture yet.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:41 pm

For the rest of you, welcome to eplaya! Hope you make it to the burn!
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby shinji » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Aloha,

I am a newbie from Hawaii. Hoping to pull things together last minute. I have access to a ticket but need logistical support. I am hoping to find a crew that has done this before and looking for an easy going guy in his 30's to help split expenses. I am flexible on which city I leave from, but most likely will be Las Vegas, Reno, LA.

My username is "Shinji".

Please feel free to contact me if you know any leads.
shinji

Camp Name: I do not have a camp

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:30 am

Work for it, Shinji. There are camps that are--or at least were--looking for people to join in the 2012 theme camp sub-forum. Contact them and see if there are any. At this point in time, things are getting pretty solid. People are doing their final preparations, some are even headed to the playa. And you can expect to work, not just put in money.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Madjason » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:54 am

Hi all, Jason here, and I'm hoping 2013 will be my first burning man!, hopefully when I find out how to get tickets myself and 3 friends will be coming over from scotland....can't wait!
Madjason

Postby MercurySoapbox » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi! I'm Nell and this will be my first burn! i'm soo excited to be part of the burn, i've been a huge fan for years. now i'm off to try and arrange a ride as well as read all this great info you guys have posted :) have a great day y'all and i hope to hug you all on the playa!
Nell
"It's a soapbox. People say if you have something important to say, you stand on top of this and say it." -Huey Freeman
MercurySoapbox

Camp Name: Furbar

Postby bproctor » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi,

My name is Brandon and I am a BM virgin (bucket list item). I am attending with my beautiful wife, and have no idea where to camp or what to do upon entrance. I am coming via RV (yep, one of those guys), and would love any advice that can be offered. I still don't know what to bring to gift, but I am ready to participate in any way I can. I am looking forward to good people, good times and amazing art.

Cheers,

B
bproctor

Postby Elliot » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:51 pm

Brandon, worry less. When you and the Beautiful Wife get there, just pick any vacant space that is not marked reserved. Find the BRC map on the main web site right now and get an idea of the layout. 2 Street and 10 Street are noisiest. Esplanade is noisy. Further south and outward is quieter.

Don't bring gifts -- BE the gifts.
Elliot's Bicycle Service, Camel Saddlery and Beverage Salon 5 & G as before, probably.
Ali Elliot Fy Fasan, proprietor

Caravansary Black Rock 2014

ImageImageImage
Millicent The Bus; pedal-vehicles on Playa and in Kinetic Sculpture Races.
Elliot

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle & Beverage Emporium

Breathing deep...

Postby tribekat » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:07 am

Hi I'm Sarah *Captain E-lo* and this will be my first visit to BRC. I have frozen gazpacho and frilly underwear in ziplock baggies. Separate. Ziplock. Baggies.

Looking forward to going deep playa. See you there!
tribekat

Postby nohunger » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:45 am

Hello everyone,
My name is Mark. I just got back late last night from my first burn. What a delight. What light. My dogs are lounging on the patio with the fans blowing. My partner and I made love three times after a week apart. The laundry is spinning. The jazz is playing. It's all good, I know I can't get it wrong and it ain't ever gonna be done.
Namaste all from Palm Springs, California
nohunger

Postby Savannah » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi Tribekat! Hope your Burn was grand!

Hi Mark! I'm glad to hear yours was, for sure. :)

Savannah

Postby MarieShea810 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi there! My name is Jodee.

Next year will be my first burn, lets hope, just need ticket info. I glide with translucent wings they shall never be clipped or comprimosed for anything lesser. I have a open soul to the universe and to everything living and non living! I am a nomadic soul that is grounded by LOVE. And I feel there will be a bigger awakening next year. I can't wait to meet new people and amazing life forces ♥

Bangerang! :)
MarieShea810

Postby Saltlick » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:30 am

Hey there. I'm Bear, Saltlick on the playa. I've been a fester for 20 years, offered roles at Burning Man for 12 but it was always a rough week to travel. EXCEEDINGLY glad that 2012 was the year to break that trend! My kind friends at Arctica took me in, got me a volunteer gig and a camping spot, and turned me loose on the city. I had an amazing time.
Saltlick

Camp Name: Frozone

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself!