YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: 9th Year of NOT Getting to Burning Man :-( POLITICS Pls

Postby Rice » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Bounce530 wrote:getting really tired of the people that coming here mooching for crap and money, then when faced with reality, they pull out the "hey man, that's like not very burning man of you, you're suppose to like give me stuff cause I asked for it, and it's burning man, man." card.
Fuckin hippies.

(did I just cross over into the jaded old burner catagory?)

Dude, you are harshing my mellow!!.....

Gimmie your stuff!!! This is a gifting society after all.

How un Burner of you....
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby ygmir » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:51 pm

stretch80 wrote:
Bounce530 wrote:getting really tired of the people that coming here mooching for crap and money, then when faced with reality, they pull out the "hey man, that's like not very burning man of you, you're suppose to like give me stuff cause I asked for it, and it's burning man, man." card.
Fuckin hippies.

How un Burner of you....

be a true burner friend....get two BJ's and share one........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Bounce530 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:58 pm

stretch80 wrote:
Fuckin hippies.

How un Burner of you....

Well, it all makes sense now...I thought that "you're doing it wrong" deal was just shtick, and now I find you guys were serious! I have been doing it wrong the whole time. What's your mailing addy so I can send you my ticket? and now that I am sending you my ticket, I'm going to need a ticket, so this is where I ask the burner community for a little help, I need a ticket, and I have to have a ticket cause like, I need to be at the burn and junk. BTW, Stretch, you need to give me a stamp, cause like why should I have to be put out of anything? Gift me, Gift me, harder harder!!
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:15 pm

I tried -- I really, really tried to read the linked-to blogpost.

I didn't get very far. From what I read, Canada and the Masons are allies in a secret war against Sweden. Both sides are personified as Victoria -- Sweden as Princess Victoria, the anti-Bella (I'm going to add to the conspiracy here by saying that the country band Lady Antebellum is allied with them), and Canada/Masonia as Queen Victoria and her modern-day avatar, Victoria Bella. VB has been secretly raised to be the new Canadian/Masonic monarch, once the war on Sweden is complete.... or something like that. I'm pretty lost, actually.

:roll:
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:18 pm

open your third nostril and smell The Truth...

your precious maple leaf is under attack by metaphysical forces of EEEEEEEVIL....

you just dont "get it"

I too, Love Lamp.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:08 pm

Yes, the smell of truth............

“The Pot of Incense is an emblem of a pure heart; this is always an acceptable sacrifice to the Deity; and as this glows with fervent heat, so should our hearts continually glow with gratitude to the great and beneficent author of our existence for the manifold blessings and comforts we enjoy.”

I too..... Must say I Love Lamp................
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:08 am

Love-a-Lamp
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby VictoriaBella » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:59 pm

"Gift me, Gift me, harder harder!!"

What on Earth. It was a query to have someone pay for fuel as I have a vehicle. It just seemed awful to miss another year once again... And it seems likely so once more. Yet to be clear, this is a no unwanted touching zone here. That's just not sexY.

Someone gave me the page to find a person to travel with, so it may be possible. It is that I am as well am commencing with a new hiring, and so it may have to be the upcoming year. :-(

So if worse comes to worse I will see you all then!

theCryptofishist Awww, this is cute btw.
Last edited by VictoriaBella on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... knows parseltongue yet likes to hear what you think is a good idea to say. Have an excellent burning day! :-)
VictoriaBella

Burning Since: 1987

Postby Rice » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:04 pm

VictoriaBella wrote:
Gift me, Gift me, harder harder!!

What on Earth. It was a query to have someone pay for fuel as I have a vehicle. It just seemed awful to miss another year once again... And it seems likely so once again. Yet to be clear, this is a no unwanted touching zone here. That's just not sexY.

Someone gave me the page to find a person to travel with, so it may be possible. It is that I am as well am commencing with a new hiring, and so it may have to be the upcoming year. :-(

So if worse comes to worse I will see you all then!

Have you checked with your regional rep?? http://regionals.burningman.com/ca_ont.html

There are lots of people going from TO. Perhaps you can meet up or your regional rep can put you in touch with someone...
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Postby fritz » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:39 pm

"9th year of NOT getting to BM." That sounds an awful lot like a frequent eplayan, whose name I shall not speak.

Victoria, don't give up! You will get to Bel Aire, then defeat Sweden, then finally make it to Burning Man. In that order.
fritz

Burning Since: 2009

Postby wh..sh » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:17 pm

catinthefunnyhat wrote:I didn't get very far. From what I read, Canada and the Masons are allies in a secret war against Sweden. Both sides are personified as Victoria -- Sweden as Princess Victoria, the anti-Bella (I'm going to add to the conspiracy here by saying that the country band Lady Antebellum is allied with them), and Canada/Masonia as Queen Victoria and her modern-day avatar, Victoria Bella. VB has been secretly raised to be the new Canadian/Masonic monarch, once the war on Sweden is complete.... or something like that. I'm pretty lost, actually.

Clearly, you didn't get to the part where Superman's shield is actually a Jew El or Jewel and the following LOTR reference. It all makes sense after that.

*spoiler alert*
There is no mention of what Victoria or Bella or Victoria Bella is smoking.
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby pink » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:58 pm

I had to quit sometime in the Masonic and list of symbols. Also, part of the page was cut off, but it seems that even if I did get the whole sentence, it wouldn't have helped much. Where do the sparkly vampires fit in BTW?

The OP didn't mention car or gas at all- maybe we should all be psychic? And can she really claim to have burned since 1987 if she's never been? That's just wrong. Newbies to eplaya could get the idea that the burn is responsible for the WTF.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby BBadger » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:27 pm

Are you the female counterpart to Can'tShitStill?
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby CrispyDave » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:54 pm

I would gladly pay for the gas if you could guarantee a showdown on the playa.

Battle of the Victorias in the Thunderdome...
Plan for the worst, expect the best.
Make the most out of it under any conditions.
If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself.
CrispyDave

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Temple Guardians

9th Year of NOT Getting to Burning Man :-( POLITICS Pls

Postby VictoriaBella » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:59 pm

pink wrote:Also, part of the page was cut off...

What part are you not seeing properly.
... knows parseltongue yet likes to hear what you think is a good idea to say. Have an excellent burning day! :-)
VictoriaBella

Postby VictoriaBella » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:00 pm

stretch80 wrote:
VictoriaBella wrote:So if worse comes to worse I will see you all then!

Have you checked with your regional rep?? http://regionals.burningman.com/ca_ont.html

That is an excellent idea. C'est bon.
VictoriaBella

Postby VictoriaBella » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:03 pm

fritz wrote:Victoria, don't give up! You will get to Bel Aire, then defeat Sweden, then finally make it to Burning Man. In that order.

I am new this year, I am not someone messing with you if that is what you meant.

You made me laugh with this, but the weird part of it is that I in truth need to accomplish precisely that. When I was a little girl and imagined what life was going to be like when I was older, I would not have ever expected this situation in life. I could not care less of Sweden, their Baden, or what they do. Yet there is NO QUESTION that this is a serious political situation. I have been letting people vent their stuff on this board, yet it is in fact a very sophisticated work and highly important in a political sense for the future.

In relation to the order of events you set out, I am good with that as long as I am attending Burning Man next year. :-) Sounds like a plan.
Last edited by VictoriaBella on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VictoriaBella

Postby VictoriaBella » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:05 pm

wh..sh wrote:Clearly, you didn't get to the part where Superman's shield is actually a Jew El or Jewel and the following LOTR reference. It all makes sense after that.
*spoiler alert*
There is no mention of what Victoria or Bella or Victoria Bella is smoking.

It is a Jew El obviously, and specific to a Princess cut Diamond. My views on drugs are clear, I guess you did not get that far into the column.
http://oflibertymasonryandtime.blogspot ... oject.html

I wanted to create something for Burning Man inspired by time, as the column is mostly in relation to that.
Last edited by VictoriaBella on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VictoriaBella

Postby VictoriaBella » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:08 pm

BBadger wrote:Are you the female counterpart to Can'tShitStill?

Is that a person on this board..? You made me think of this, it always makes me laugh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Be good :-) or at least something near to it.
VictoriaBella

Postby Lonesomebri » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:19 pm

CrispyDave wrote:I would gladly pay for the gas if you could guarantee a showdown on the playa.

Brother, let me get in on alittle of this action.
"Grow some facial hair it may help with the gender confusion" -tatonka
Your dreams are not mine to share.
Lonesomebri

Burning Since: 1997
Camp Name: Camp Threat

Postby VictoriaBella » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Uh. I MAY have accepted it if you said Superwoman against the Borg Queen yet I see no thunderdome correlation. Anyway, it would probably more likely play out as High Tea at the Empress. Are you going for the cucumber sandwich... or... not..? I can not believe that I wrote that. Sorry all, I have to be far more serious in the way I represent. That's as far as I am able to go with it. At least on an introduction board!
VictoriaBella

Postby bluesbob » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:37 pm

I think she...or is it he?...will fit right in.
"aw shucks.." - Eric
bluesbob

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: AV

Postby pink » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:02 pm

VictoriaBella wrote:
pink wrote:Also, part of the page was cut off...

What part are you not seeing properly.

I was trying to read it on my phone.

So you are this Victoria Bella that is trying to relocate to Bel Air?
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Re: 23 Years of NOT Getting to Burning Man :-( POLITICS Pls

Postby gyre » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:24 am

fritz wrote:"9th year of NOT getting to BM." That sounds an awful lot like a frequent eplayan, whose name I shall not speak.

You're a pretty self righteous sock for missing 23 years of burning man and living so close.

I think under the inverse law of difficulty, you have to actually live in reno to be this new and whinge about anyone missing the burn.

Welcome to eplaya, Victoria
gyre

9th Year of NOT Getting to Burning Man :-( POLITICS Pls Read

Postby VictoriaBella » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:18 pm

So nice guys, your welcome makes me smile. I am exited to be there. Yet, again, it seems that it will be ANOTHER year where I will not :-(

I am SO sick of this. I got hired somewhere, it's awful yet required, and can not be with you. It is so upsetting, and it goes this way by some means every year... there is always something... Yet, there is NOTHING on this planet that will keep me away in 2013! That's IT!

Anyway, HAVE FUN everyone. If anything is any different for this year I will let you know. I will be planning for the upcoming year, so if there are any forums, advice, places to create my project, or theme camps that sound good for me to speak with then let me know!

Makes me feel sick.

By the way, if you want to know more of my artistic bio and the like to perhaps team up, visit here http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5121110/
Last edited by VictoriaBella on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VictoriaBella

Postby trilobyte » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Sorry to hear you'll miss this year's event, but it's never too early to start planning the trip. First timer's guide and Survival Guide are a good place to start (as well as other informational resources on the main site), and then from there spend a little time browsing the boards. As you might guess, the Preparation subforums are about preparing things and working on projects, and the 2012 Event subforums are geared towards things connected with this year's event. The 2013 Event subforums will be created/opened up in the fall.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:42 pm

VictoriaBella wrote:
By the way, if you want to know more of my artistic bio and the like to perhaps team up, visit here http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5121110/

i KNEW you were special...

i can smell it...

interesting pics and cameos...

next year on the Playa...we'll see you there....
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby jerroc » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:32 pm

I dont know what rock I was hiding under to miss this entertaining gibberish but it was the best read in a long time.
WFT... Is the best way to describe this. The only thing I was able to figure out in all of that Maddnes is
I too love lamp.
jerroc

Postby gaminwench » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:46 pm

love lamp always...
"I'm sorry, but just the thought of a non-controversial thread on ePlaya is controversial." jk
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself!