My ticket got lost in the mail?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

My ticket got lost in the mail?

Postby Enderfish » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone had any advice or knew of some way I can contact someone who could help me. I ordered a ticket on July 27th and got the confirmation and then later the tracking number since it was sent. We've been so busy since and had many different packages arriving that I finally sat down yesterday to see why the ticket was taking so long to arrive. I found out it got to our Newbury park mail room on the 29th or so but then it said undeliverable. I called the usps and they said that usually means they can't read the address or the label fell off.

I checked to make sure my correct address was listed and it was. The usps said they returned it to the sender. So that was over 10 days ago and Ive not heard anything from BRC. I was never notified that the mail had problems and was returned, and now im worried they don't know it didntget to me and the number at the bottom of the burning man page has a full inbox and I can't leave a message. Do you guys have any ideas or know of a number or way I can get a hold of someone in ticketing? Thank you so much!

Alex
Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?
Enderfish

Burning Since: 2010

Re: My ticket got lost in the mail?

Postby Rice » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Enderfish wrote:Hi guys I was wondering if anyone had any advice or knew of some way I can contact someone who could help me. I ordered a ticket on July 27th and got the confirmation and then later the tracking number since it was sent. We've been so busy since and had many different packages arriving that I finally sat down yesterday to see why the ticket was taking so long to arrive. I found out it got to our Newbury park mail room on the 29th or so but then it said undeliverable. I called the usps and they said that usually means they can't read the address or the label fell off.

I checked to make sure my correct address was listed and it was. The usps said they returned it to the sender. So that was over 10 days ago and Ive not heard anything from BRC. I was never notified that the mail had problems and was returned, and now im worried they don't know it didntget to me and the number at the bottom of the burning man page has a full inbox and I can't leave a message. Do you guys have any ideas or know of a number or way I can get a hold of someone in ticketing? Thank you so much!

Alex

Ah geeze!! That bites...

Try looking in the ticketing FAQ: http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php#packagereturned

I might not have found your exact situation, but there is a link to the ticketing group. Try that!!
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby Enderfish » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Oh man I'm so frustrated. It's almost been 10 days since the USPS returned the ticket to inticketing and they say they haven't received it yet. It only took 2 days to arrive here but hasn't gotten back in almost 10?? I'm really worried it got lost in the mail. Inticketing also said they can't cancel the ticket number and re-issue me another one >< I don't know what to do. Every time I try to call inticketing they are busy. I don't even trust their delivery service anymore and just want to tell them to keep the ticket at will call but I can't even get through to them to say that. SO frustrated.
Enderfish

Postby Marscrumbs » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:49 pm

You can buy a second ticket then when you get yours back in thirty days from the Lost mail department return them for a refund...possibly.
Marscrumbs

Postby trilobyte » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:00 pm

Don't call. Use the form on the FAQ to contact support. I know it's tough because we're getting close and you're anxious, but have a little patience, as they are pretty swamped right now (the same people that would take care of your lost in the mail scenario handle the majority of all ticket support requests). Switching to will call should not be a problem (I'd recommend it at this point, too).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Enderfish » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm not sure if I can delete this thread because we got it all worked out! The amazing (and by amazing I mean terrible) USPS had it at their Newbury Park facility the whole time. The records show that they returned it to sender, but after some careful digging and prodding they actually found it had never been sent back. So we picked it up and are just really happy we found it! Thank you for all the advice and suggestions :)
Enderfish

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:35 pm

One of the mods can close it, or maybe they'll just leave it open for people to congratulate you, and after they are done, it will sink to the bottom and be archived with the rest of this year's ticket threads.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Hooray, glad to hear you got your tickets! now hurry up and get ready for all the craziness and the dust and the blinky lights and whatnot :D
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Savannah » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Whew! :D
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000